Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

gokiller said:
Neville said:
jepekula said:
The Sling of the Greek Peltasts bugs sometimes so that they can't be reloaded. It just looks like a stick and can be spun(or spinned? Don't really know, hope you understand) though, but it wont release a stone or anything.

+1

Also id advise focusing for more equipment for Gaul and romans.

I'm sorry. But were planning on vocusing first on Macedonia. And the Samnites witch are our high piorities.
Awesome.
But, will you give Celtic Spearmen finally their spears  :razz:? It seems quite stupid for them to have just axes and swords and nothing else.

Been playing today with le Maxi.

Few bugs/balancing issues/Suggestions.

1) The Troop counter doesnt work, had a lot of trouble with it, seems to only allow one per person.
2) Greek cav with the couching lance is quite Over powered heard this will be changed :smile:
3) Celtic forces also had slingers.
4) Celtic inf had spears.
5) Greek sheilds cover all the body
6) Slingers reload need's to be slower.

Number 1 is very important in my opinion.

Neville said:

1) The Troop counter doesnt work, had a lot of trouble with it, seems to only allow one per person.
2) Greek cav with the couching lance is quite Over powered heard this will be changed :smile:

It should only allow one with two people on logically.
Having two legates out of two people shouldn't happen at all, and your wording is rather unclear so my apologies if I misunderstood :wink:

i just got the mod been playing it, has been awesome especially the slinger class but i think it needs to be changed abit.

The accuracy is fine its great but you can just sort of insta release the stone after one swing.Im not sure if thats how its meant to be or (i don't know about slings) becuase this roman guy is going to kill me coming right at me right infont of me opens up his shield i had just reloaded insta fired and killed him head shot, which i though was not very fair on him(damage is fine btw he had already been hit by a friend of mine).

but what i think you should do is make the sling like the bow so the more you swing/pull it the more the reticule goes in but make it about 3/4 swings? before full aim in and that would balance it i think.

great mod guys and good luck.

Windbusche said:
Neville said:

It should only allow one with two people on logically.
Having two legates out of two people shouldn't happen at all, and your wording is rather unclear so my apologies if I misunderstood :wink:

We set class limits to max so people could go whatever they wanted, but it locked the classes like we never changed it.

As I was looking through the current maps earlier there seems to be one missing. Ruined Hilltop (or something like that) has been wiped over with another map. Although this other map is fine, I suggest making it it's own map and adding the original in so it gives someone like me time to play with it and the public another well known map on rotation.

Caught this today as I was picking my equipment. This happened each time I chose a class: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920116763585181450/174D7CCDE1D1A131BF8DF5253ACC2201590AF521/

Also, you may want to move the Gaesum out of the Spears row on cav and move it to it's own throwing weapons row. It took us a while to figure out where it was  :???:
And sort Greek Cavalry out! We can't go anywhere NEAR them atm due to the massive pikes they are carrying around, AND they can couch them...

Ej777 said:
Caught this today as I was picking my equipment. This happened each time I chose a class: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920116763585181450/174D7CCDE1D1A131BF8DF5253ACC2201590AF521/

Also, you may want to move the Gaesum out of the Spears row on cav and move it to it's own throwing weapons row. It took us a while to figure out where it was  :???:
And sort Greek Cavalry out! We can't go anywhere NEAR them atm due to the massive pikes they are carrying around, AND they can couch them...

How long is the spear? Is it a Kontos or a Xyston?

Gothic Knight said:
Ej777 said:

How long is the spear? Is it a Kontos or a Xyston?
It's a Kamax.
Greek Cavalry Lance + Infantry Spear.
No idea on the actual 'weapon reach' however.

Suggested weapons for the Greeks below.
    (Obviously weapons will have variants with different stats)

Hoplite (Standard spear man/ Hoplon shield)

Xiphos (Various types with damages)
          Standard stabbing/cutting sword for the Greek Hoplite.

Dory
          Standard infantry spear for the Hoplite

Sarissa
          The pike of it's day, 4-7 meters long.

Kopis
        Currently ingame as the Falcata.

Makhaira
          A large knife used generally for butchering, used by the poorer hoplites.

Peltast (Skirmisher/ Pelta shield))

Various throwing spears
          Self explanatory

Xiphos
          Standard sword, easy to obtain.

Makhaira
          Peltasts were too poor to fight as hoplites, so they were more like the average joe, so they would have access to the makhaira.

Sling
          Peltast was a general term, so they would have carried slings as well as javelins.

Hippeis (Cavalry/ No shield))

Kopis
          Designed originality as a cavalry sword, due to it's chopping power.

Xyston
          Cavalry spear used either couched under the arm, or stabbing with two hands.

Kontos
          Greek Cav Lance

Various javelins etc
          Greek cav generally skirmished due to their lighter linothroax armor.

Toxotai (Archers/ Pelta)

Short Bow
          Standard ranged weapon for Greek archers

Makhaira
          Men who couldn't afford Hoplite equipment fought as skirmishers, poor=this sword.

Xiphos
          Men also carried the greek stabby sword.

DarthTaco said:
Suggested weapons for the Greeks below.
    (Obviously weapons will have variants with different stats)

Hoplite (Standard spear man/ Hoplon shield)

Xiphos (Various types with damages)
          Standard stabbing/cutting sword for the Greek Hoplite.

Dory
          Standard infantry spear for the Hoplite

Sarissa
          The pike of it's day, 4-7 meters long.

Kopis
        Currently ingame as the Falcata.

Makhaira
          A large knife used generally for butchering, used by the poorer hoplites.

Peltast (Skirmisher/ Pelta shield))

Various throwing spears
          Self explanatory

Xiphos
          Standard sword, easy to obtain.

Makhaira
          Peltasts were too poor to fight as hoplites, so they were more like the average joe, so they would have access to the makhaira.

Sling
          Peltast was a general term, so they would have carried slings as well as javelins.

Hippeis (Cavalry/ No shield))

Kopis
          Designed originality as a cavalry sword, due to it's chopping power.

Xyston
          Cavalry spear used either couched under the arm, or stabbing with two hands.

Kontos
          Greek Cav Lance

Various javelins etc
          Greek cav generally skirmished due to their lighter linothroax armor.

Toxotai (Archers/ Pelta)

Short Bow
          Standard ranged weapon for Greek archers

Makhaira
          Men who couldn't afford Hoplite equipment fought as skirmishers, poor=this sword.

Xiphos
          Men also carried the greek stabby sword.

As long as no cavalry in the game gains an advantage over any other and you don't implement couch lancing, i'm fine with it all.

Why no couched lancing? It was a tactic used by the Greeks quite often it seems. That was what the spears were designed for, a powerful charge of spears pointed towards the enemy. To NOT implement them would pretty much ruin the Greek cav, as they have no shields, and are lightly armored.

DarthTaco said:
Why no couched lancing? It was a tactic used by the Greeks quite often it seems. That was what the spears were designed for, a powerful charge of spears pointed towards the enemy. To NOT implement them would pretty much ruin the Greek cav, as they have no shields, and are lightly armored.

Everyone disregard this, it was discussed at length last night.

have you thought of adding new spear animations?

for example, we at CH have a new spear + shield animation that lets you stab up and down

zemdu said:

for example, we at CH have a new spear + shield animation that lets you stab up and down
The only thing I dislike about that is that the upwards stab is always blunt damage, and a low amount of it, when in reality it looks like it would be MUCH more lethal.

I'd love to see TPPW's Hoplite Spear Animations (Only for the hoplite, if that's at all possible.)

Windbusche said:
zemdu said:

The only thing I dislike about that is that the upwards stab is always blunt damage, and a low amount of it, when in reality it looks like it would be MUCH more lethal.

I'd love to see TPPW's Hoplite Spear Animations (Only for the hoplite, if that's at all possible.)
We would have to recreate that one, as Lynores hasn't been on for ages and no prospect of him being on any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom