Roma Britannia (Brytenwalda Submod) BETA 1.2 patch 3.14.2011

Users who are viewing this thread

played 1.2 a bit.....some awesome changes...........

getting  few error message which i will post later when i collect them but still good...........

love the tweaks to the weapons from the last version...

Good submod , hope it gets better I am guessing you took part in creating ROMA Serrectum? I am willing to help out with this project by the way I have basic understanding of MB moding getting better though , I remember making a mod for MB which made maps bigger and separated deployment zones by large distances it used to be popular 2 years ago lol.

About balance, and now that i have a few hours in your mod, i think the romans are too powerfull, as said few posts above.

It is not uncommon to see a celtic party of 350+ men (mainly heavy infantry even !!) to flee on the world map against some 80 roman party.
Also there seem to be too much Evocatus prefect and centurion in roman npc parties (when i guess you planned to put 1/2 per 100 men, but some lords which have like 90 men in their army have like 1/3 of their troops made of Evocatus)

Keep up the good work anyway ! I am very curious to see where this will go :smile:

Is an update for Roma Britannia comeing out soon

Or should I download it now?

Ginoenrico said:
Is an update for Roma Britannia comeing out soon

Or should I download it now?

Dunno I wish Sigma-Rho would show up I wanna do some work on this mod. I added polished landscapes so far, tweaked Roman units changed battle map size tweaked weapons towards realism.

We need a roman store that sells only roman goods.
Can we have some sort of script that will dish out a bunch of items to the player in a conversation like what we have for the special blacksmiths?

"I am requisitioning Velite/Auxilia/Legionary/Centurion equipment"

and then boom, armor, leggings, shield, helm, pilum/hasta, gladius.

That way we can quickly equip our NPC followers! Especially if we make them lords.

Good morning everyone, sorry I have been away and shall return on Tuesday.

@Vympel - I am just a really big fan of RS2, your help would be appreciated. I'll contact you when I get back.

@Vahadar - I concur, I think they are way too powerful, this will be fixed. A lot of it has to do with the Roman AI starting with Prefects, etc... I might have to make your Prefects, Centruiions, etc... companions. The Roman Armor will need to be tweaked next.

@Uhtred Ragnarson - Actually that is the way it's supposed to work. The Legetus has the gold eagle banner and his vassals are his centruions of his cohorts. I can look into developing this further.

@Ginoenrico - This is the current release, I'll put out a fix to this as soon as I can.

@Culnarion - I will fix this by the culture when I get back so you can get your weapons and such. I might make your Companions Romans with Roman gear avoiding this issue all together. It wasn't uncommon though for Romans to pay off locals to show them path finding or give them intel. As I stated before all major units, characters will have their own set of armor specific to that Legio.

@VonTawast - Sorry bud I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it would be better if I hosted this on a torrent?

I have not yet understood how Legiones-System works. As far as I see each Legion is a faction with one lord each and they are doing their own diplomacy. But the one lord (ruler) of the faction is a vassal to SPQR at the same time :???:, how´s that possible? And how can I join a specific Legion if there is no one to talk to (because if I talk to the one shown as lord of the legion, he introduces himself to me as vassal to SPQR)?

Legion
          - King/Legetus
            - Vassal/Centurion

Leg II Deio is the only one who has Emporer vice King/Legetus

Give yourself 100 renown then talk to who ever is the leader of a Legion.

Thanks for quick answer.

The diplomacy part seems to be a problem, because some factions are at war with single legiones but not the SPQR faction. The effect is that they travel free through roman territory, without being attacked by patrols or lords, because they are not at war with them, and then raid villages and even sometimes take castells unharmed.

Update: Everything getting more and more weird! I´ve just been through a series of 40-50 war declaration messages. Now several legiones are at war with each other and some are at war with SPQR.
This reminds me of the year AD 68 or the 3rd century crisis. But I don´t think it was intended like this, nor do I understand how game mechanics work in this situation. Some lords lead a faction wich is at war with a faction they are vassals to, so theoreticly they are at war with themselves. :?:

Gaius Julius said:
Thanks for quick answer.

The diplomacy part seems to be a problem, because some factions are at war with single legiones but not the SPQR faction. The effect is that they travel free through roman territory, without being attacked by patrols or lords, because they are not at war with them, and then raid villages and even sometimes take castells unharmed.

Yes indeed , Alot of Roman Castles have been taken in first 12 days and no one is trying to retake them some have 20 defenders in them lol.Its the diplomacy mod allows different red factions make different alliances if you delete all the Legion factions and leave SPQR all will be fine or give Legions different colors.One color + different factions + diplomacy mod = Confusion.

I've recently made a plumed version of the Agen helm. Tell me if you need it for the tribes in Britannia.
Gallic%20noble%20warrior,%201st%20century%20BC.jpg
agen1.jpg
Augustan era shield 10 B.C
49516102.jpg
85433210.jpg

loving the black praetorian armour in this mod

romans are still v tough (but thats ok)

legions DOW each other is interesting .....

trying to join the legions i have found hard...most of their early missions are giving them evocatus centurion which is expensive ! or do the deliver thing (which i cant be bothered doing)

i havent seen the romans try to take ireland yet

Fun submod. I joined Ynys Manau and fought a few battles against SPQR, but this last one was a slaughter. 57 Britons, many of whom were high level retainers, were slaughtered by 20 Romans. We lost 30 men fighting the last five Romans. The last man standing, a centurion, killed ~12 of my men before the rest turned and ran. By the end of the battle I had two men left who hadn't abandoned me :razz:

Back
Top Bottom