RGL ERROR Hash vector failed at index 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there,

First of all, thanks Taleworld team for the great work, its inspiring to see how a small team gets through in the market today.

Yesterday, I got an "energy fail" (when the lights go OFF and ON in a second). When I restarted the system and tried to reload the save file, I got a CTD and this nice message: "RGL ERROR Hash vector failed at index 0".

Normally I try to solve things by myself, but this one got the upper hand.

So, the question is: There is a way to restore the corrupted save file?

Thanks in advance,

Dominvs.

Thanks for the reply unknown3056,

In a last effort, there is any way to extract the character info from the save file? I've oppened it with a hex editor and I got a lot of info from there... If could be possible to recover that info I could use it to "clone" another char using the cheat codes. If its not possible, well, then I need  to start all over again, and it is like 40+ hours char lost in there. But... c'est la vie...

Thanks in advance,

Dominvs.

Well, you can export your character if you can start up your game.  Unfortunately, you can't.

You could try reinstalling and backing up your save, loading it on a fresh install, see if that works.  (If you haven't tried it already.)

The only thing I know that can possibly fix this is System Restore, and I doubt you have one in the correct time. Try doing what COGlory said. Well.. You can always cheat the stats, there's a guide on how to do so on vanilla mount and blade, check it out if you need it. Teleport around to get your armor and army back to normal and all you need to do is the rep grind.

I never found a cheatmenu. Then again, the last time I tried to cheat was in Vanilla when I was new and confused. Only cheat I figured out was CTRL F4 at that time, so.. Okay.

Press Ctrl+Tilde (~) to open the Command Line, and type cheatmenu, and hit enter.

Then go to the Camp Menu, click "CHEATMENU" and you can do everything from there.

Then press Ctrl+Tilde again, type nocheatmenu, and then press enter. 

Voila!  :smile:

Hello nood, COGlory and waggywags. Sorry for the time out, and thanks for your support.

Nood, your idea was really nice, but too late, I was already tryed something different and replaced the "last_savegame_backup.sav", so this solution is not there anymore and was not posible to recover. After I look at it with a Hex editor I realize that I can't do nothing now, the file now is just a gigantic zeros inside.

As an idea, would be nice that the devs create a "last_savegame_backup.sav" for each player, (like: last_savegame_backup_sg00.sav) so each player could always recover the game from there.

Thanks for your support, now I will cheat a new char from the cheat menu and start again to take over Calradia. : ))

Dominvs.

Back
Top Bottom