Rescue prisoner quest - prisoners becoming hostile

Users who are viewing this thread

letalec

Recruit
This happens very often, as soon as i liberate imprisoned noble from the prison and go into the courtyard to fight the rest of the guards, he turns hostile and attacks me, i have to fight him off and of course, the quest fails. Is it a bug?

letalec said:
This happens very often, as soon as i liberate imprisoned noble from the prison and go into the courtyard to fight the rest of the guards, he turns hostile and attacks me, i have to fight him off and of course, the quest fails. Is it a bug?
Never heard of that happening but that is most likely a bug.

This is a bug from native Warband and has been reported many times. Devs say they are unable to recreate it.  Only known solution is to save your game just prior to entering the city or castle to attempt the rescue.  After the rescue, if the prisoner turns hostile, quit without saving and exit to desktop.  Restart your game, load the previous save and rescue the Lord again.  99% of the time, the Lord will not be hostile.  Good luck.

Lord Brutus said:
This is a bug from native Warband and has been reported many times. Devs say they are unable to recreate it.  Only known solution is to save your game just prior to entering the city or castle to attempt the rescue.  After the rescue, if the prisoner turns hostile, quit without saving and exit to desktop.  Restart your game, load the previous save and rescue the Lord again.  99% of the time, the Lord will not be hostile.  Good luck.
I have run across this bug in Native, and about 5 times in POP. But yeah, i Have never been able to make it happen when i want.

Thanks LB

Back
Top Bottom