Removing the pilgrim disguise...

Users who are viewing this thread

Raygereio

Sergeant
...and using your own gear when going into enemy towns. Is this possible?

Simply removing the instances of pilgrim_disguise in module_mission_templates allows me to use my own gear when I get caught when trying to sneak into an enemy city. That works just fine. No more frantic backpaddeling and waving that silly stick around, now I can bash people over the head properly with my bastard sword.

However, when I then go into the tavern or into the streets I end up in my underwear with no items equiped. Which is not much of an improvoment over the stick when attempting a prison break.
I'm guessing somewhere the game is told by some line of code that the items I'm wearings need to be overrided with the pilgrim disguise (and since I removed the instances of pilgrim disguise I end up with nothing).  If that's the case; anyone got a clue if this code is removeable and where it is located?

Edit: To be clear: I know I can edit what items the pilgrim disguise consists of. That's not what I'm looking for, I want to use the items I have equiped.

Code:
             (try_begin),
               (eq, "$sneaked_into_town",1),
               (mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags, "mt_town_default", 0, af_override_all),
             (try_end),
The problem isn't with the pilgrim disguise, it's with the override flags which deny your existing equipment. Remove the conditional block (there's one in every town menu option) and you should be fine.

Ah, it's in module_game_menus; I would never have guessed to look in there. Thank you; if that works for me than you just made the rescue of 8 Sarranid lords from various Rhodok prisons a feasable task.

You know, you've got me thinking about this now, and it seems to me that the best gear to have when sneaking into a town or castle would be something that troops of that faction would use. This way, it would seem like you were disguised as one of them, and it would give you a chance to fight your way out if you're discovered. It would be cool if there was a way to change the gear depending on who controlled the town or castle you were sneaking into...

the town menu says you disguise yourself as a pigrim to fool the guards and it seems logical.

disguising as a guard.. you may be asked to stand guard xD

But the problem is that the pilgrim disguise is essentially guaranteed to fail once you have a decent amount of renown. I mean, it would be one thing if you actually had a chance of getting in undetected -- then the lack of protection and weaponry would be a fair trade-off. But since you're always gonna have to fight a bunch of guards, that particular disguise is simply not worth it. It's all for show, and you know beforehand that it will fail, so the "disguise" your character wears might as well be functional. Thus, dressing up as a guard would be the perfect solution, since it would be an attempt at a disguise -- which couldn't be any less effective than the pilgrim disguise, with it's 0% success rate -- but would also offer protection.

Back
Top Bottom