Reforged Editions news: now yes, berserkers screenshots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Berserkir and ulfheðnar

I'll ask of the berserks, you tasters of blood,

Those intrepid heroes, how are they treated,
Those who wade out into battle?
Wolf-skinned they are called. In battle
They bear bloody shields.
Red with blood are their spears when they come to fight.
They form a closed group.
The prince in his wisdom puts trust in such men
Who hack through enemy shields.

Haraldskvæði, by Thórbiörn Hornklofi

In Reforged Edition there are two berserker types: ulfheðnar ("men clad in wolfskin") and Berserkir ("men clad in bearskin").
These troops will fight harder and with no fear if they enter a fury, but they are unpredictable, and fury can often drive them crazy, leading them to attack their enemies alone or even turn against their allies. Using them effectively on the battlefield will take wisdom and judgement!

Berserkr02.jpg

Berserkr03.jpg

Berserkr04.jpg

Berserkr06.jpg

We hope you had fun with Sheena's joke
Berserkr01.jpg

There's teeth, so I presume it's not just a hide, there's a skull in there. That's what's giving extra height.

kraggrim said:
There's teeth, so I presume it's not just a hide, there's a skull in there. That's what's giving extra height.
The bit extra space is necessary to work with hairs, helmets and firstperson!
Otherwise we would have had to hide hair/helmets, when one wears such a fur - but it looks to cool with helmet (look at my avatarˆˆ).
And also some space for firstperson, so if you play in this view, you can see the teeths on upper border of your view,
as it's very cool feeling with them  :cool: But as the rest would lead to horrible camera-clipping, there had to be some
extra space.

Great but they have no armor and if we want to be realistic, berserker or not if an arrow touch u you are in a bad position.

And turning against allies ..... It's realistic?

I like. And do they only start turning on allies when they get into battle and start killing? and say I send my berserkers in first can they turn around come back and start killing my main force even if we are some distance away?

BrustwarzenLenny said:
kraggrim said:
The bit extra space is necessary to work with hairs, helmets and firstperson!
Otherwise we would have had to hide hair/helmets, when one wears such a fur - but it looks to cool with helmet (look at my avatarˆˆ).
And also some space for firstperson, so if you play in this view, you can see the teeths on upper border of your view,
as it's very cool feeling with them  :cool: But as the rest would lead to horrible camera-clipping, there had to be some
extra space.

Well then make sure they all come with the "guaranteed to have helmet" trait so that they always wear these with helmets

Back
Top Bottom