Reduce "Knock Back" affect - perhaps with a skill?

Users who are viewing this thread

i really dont see what the problem is with knockback. I have absolutely 0 problems with it atm. when i play on foot with full plate and 0 athletcis, i can backpedal and kill entire armys just fine, just block at the appropriate places, (being able to put up a block/parry in the middle of your swing is really dumb imo) and counter attack. sure youll get bashed around a bit, but with a little patience, youll slowly wittle them down. this tactic only works on foot armys though, from peasents and river pirates to unmounted black knights. if the enemy has calvary doing hit and runs on you, youre screwed (like it SHOULD be).

Shyhalu: Why not wait until the new version comes out before deciding that Armagan has ruined the game with his "wrong decision"? This topic has been discussed in depth many times (before you joined this boards, I might add) and your arguments are nothing new. Balot has an interesting take on the realism aspect of shrugging off a 0 damage blow buried in a post somewhere.

The point is, don't flip out until you actually see the changes for yourself. This tuning process is why the game's still in beta anyway.

Corksacker: I actually find it easier to deal with enemies on horseback than enemies on foot when I'm on foot, as long as I have a shield. Just get in the way of the charging horse. It'll rear up, and you can tear the rider apart while he's trying to recover. Much easier than running backwards as fast as you can, trying to time attacks between blocks and all that.

well, when youre dealing with multiple calvary at once , they keep coming in at angles and hitting you in the back. head on, just put up a block and get to the side of them and pound away, when youre getting mobbed my lots of footmen and calvary, you basicly lose.

Just a thought, and I think its a damn good one. How about Crushing weapons haveing a slightly higher chance to cause stunning, and 2 handed weapons as well. Assuming (sorry not exactly sure of the new equation for this) a blow has a 50% chance to cause a stun the following would hold true.

With a 2handed or blunt weapon:

((Str/3) * .02) + .50 = Stun chance.

With 2handed blunt weapons:

((Str/2) * .02) + .50 = Stun chance.

So a level 50 foot soldier with 30 str would have the following.

2handed or blunt weapon stun chance = 70%

2handed blunt weapon stun chance = 80%

This is all considering the original chance for for a stun was 50%

Rather makes since that a extremely strong guy is going to be able to stun you quite often.

Its just a suggestion, and very open to debate.

COuld the Ironflesh skill be used to reduce knockback? Oh, and perhaps the shield skill could allow the player to riposte the attack? That is, make the knockback (on the attacker) effect of blocking or parrying slower than the one for the defender? So, if I attack, and the champion fighter blocks, he gets a chance to at least get in a swordswing before i recover from his block. (THis assumes champion fighters have a good shield skill and that our weapon skills are identical) Implementing both would increase the effectiveness of two (IMHO) skills, and would reduce stunlock (if they get one block in, then the initiative has passed. This, too, would increase realism.

Edit: The ironflesh thing shouldnt be very significant. One would have to be very tough to shrug off a blow, but it might give a better chance to finish your swing or something. I agree that having a swing almost hit but have you return your sword to the side is just wrong. Maybe lessen the damage you do, but finish the damn attack.

Back
Top Bottom