Recruiting in official servers

Users who are viewing this thread

MaHuD

Section Moderator
CAM_mE_iS_Newb said:
Alright so how am I supposed to get new members? I got banned from US 7 from just asking if anyone wanted to join, it's not my fault if people don't post here. I know that not many people are interested but maybe if I at least keep it on the first/second page people who ARE interested will see it. I'm not interested in doing scrims at the moment because my clan is disorganized because of the way we were kicked off of US Ventrilo ATS. ATS got butthurt that I was forming a clan and told me to get out.

tldr; I think a bump is justified.

I tried to look for the rules but couldn't find them. Anyone want to point me to them?

Shameless plug: www.camland.co.cc

Did that really happen or is there more to the story"?

Hm, not to be rude, but those posts were quite a while ago. I've also never seen anyone with those tags on any server. :razz: Unless they only play on nK server and have become a subfaction to them!! :O Which would explain why I've never seen them cuz I rarely go on nK servers. >.>

Back to the matter at hand, I can't access the ban_list or the logs. QQ So I have no idea who banned the guy from S7 or what all happened. Um, ATS server personnel told me, after getting one of my Takedas unbanned..., that they lift their bans after a day or two, depending on if the admins remember to or not. So I don't see his banning being a problem from there, unless he constantly goes and tries to recruit, then gets banned over and over. >.> Which would be his own fault. lol

I haven't touched Warband since I left nK, so I don't know any specifics about Cam's problem.

I suspect he was only vote-banned, though. I can't see any of our admins doing something like that.

Thoughts so. But on the other hand I was wondering whether I misssed something about recruitment :razz:
Not that there are any EU servers to admnistarte. (They have been down for a looong time now.  :sad:)

Just to clarify, we ARE against taking this sort of action, right?  Personally, I think it's a ridiculous thing to do, and it goes against everything we've established in our dealings with clans.  I'm sure it was just a vote-ban, but maybe one of you would disagree with me?

Why should we care if clans are recruiting in official servers? I've seen clans get antsy when another clan recruits on their servers, but no clans own the TaleWorlds servers.

Unless you want to call the admins a "clan," in which case we aren't in charge of recruiting anyway and shouldn't feel miffed.

By the will of God, you left nK?!?!

Back to the subject at hand, the official servers and normally empty, I have been on S3 when there was like 10 people... Then I kept killing them and they left. >.> But every now and then you get some people there to admin. But yes, most people prefer the other hosted servers more. :sad:

Mahud, I guess EU servers being down for so long shows where the love really is, eh eh? :wink: jk :grin:

Um, Scip, people were recruiting on official servers long ago, when the lands were still quite young. lol Hobos included. :wink:

I've been playing Warband quite a lot actually, I'm also an admin on PRT's servers. :grin:

I can't think of anyone who would execute this kind of action out of us. Even if his name was "The fourth reich" I'd probably just tell them to either change it once we get a complaint, or get kicked. Unless they decided to be a disrespectful ass about it, I wouldn't use a ban. I think its pretty well established that I was more of a hard-ass on this kind of thing than other admins were.

I didn't give two ****s about a name unless it was outright offensive or someone else complained specifically about it.

Then again, keep in mind that Cam was never in the beta. He doesn't know us from John Q. Public.

Hailionaona said:
Mahud, I guess EU servers being down for so long shows where the love really is, eh eh? :wink: jk :grin:

:razz:

Devs did say that the servers would be back.
But now they are phantom servers, sometimes they show up and on refresh they dissapear :S

[quote author=Cam]Positive... not even sure if I'm still banned from it. They pollbanned  me for recruiting and said "It's annoying". A bunch of people tried to  defend me but majority rules.[/quote]

Problem solved.

Something tells me that was a PM, and I should have PMed him instead of making this thread xD
Oh well, at the least we got some activity in here :razz:

Back
Top Bottom