B Native Realism Mod. Bringing reality to Warband.

Whats your favourite medieval weapon in RL out of this list?

• Saber

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • medieval sword (european)

Votes: 61 16.9%
  • poleaxe

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • long bow

Votes: 34 9.4%
  • short bow

• yumi

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • crossbow

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • katana

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • no dachi

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Yari

• pike

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • lance

• bastard sword

Votes: 43 11.9%
  • spiked mace

• military hammer

• pick

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • knife

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • stiletto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • war spike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • spiked gauntlet

• javelin

• axe

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • claymore

Votes: 21 5.8%
  • sword of war (two handed sword)

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • wooden stick

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes :smile: and sorry to tell you all this, but release could be quite a long way off, as we want it perfect, not a rush job, when we give the download link.

Calling us fools because you've failed to keep the first post up to date doesn't really make a lot of sense. It's hard enough to comment on what would add to realism when we have such limited information on what's been changed without that kind of confusion. :smile:

Anyway, I'll watch and see what comes of this project.

Ok, point taken Okin, I was tired :smile:

Right, so I think ive said whats been done, but expect things like: realistic time to change weapon, weapon stats rebalanced weapon sweet spots etc to be in the next patch. (for test version)

It would be pretty cool if it took a lot longer to put weapons away, but not to draw them. It would mean that you'd have to drop (G) your spear/lance and draw your sword in an emergency rather than put it away.

Something to start with:

-If it is possible, make bow shooting two staged - nocking and drawing. Also total ROF should be reduced (IMO best realistic way to nerf them)

-have I misread something somewhere, or bows deal cut damage? If yes, than good joke...

-play with armour soak and armour reduction - make difference between them bigger.

-make all polearms use polearm animation - including 2h axes, lolhammers, ect. Also reduce nord 2h proficiency (it's kinda weird that they are masters of longsword...)

-remove thrust ability from great lance

More after I test it...

BraveheartA7X said:
[...] mamelukes on camels
Please no. Don't confound realism and desert fantasy
450px-Ottoman_Mamluk_horseman_circa_1550.jpg

Because it is not realistic to have shields bigger than they appear.

It is not realistic to have shields block arrows that they would not block eg at 90* to the target arrows sometimes still get blocked.

Plazek said:
Because it is not realistic to have shields bigger than they appear.

It is not realistic to have shields block arrows that they would not block eg at 90* to the target arrows sometimes still get blocked.
In SP, they don't. If you put that in MP, ranged weapons will be insanely overpowered. "As realistic as possible" in a game will never work, you either need to go the whole way or suffer immense balance issues.

Well we hope other changes might balance this out.

For example having broadhead arrows do cut damage, having to pay extra for bodkin (piercing) arrows.
Seeing if we can remove the crosshair on server side so it is not so easy to aim.
Implementing better more powerful armours such as plate.

Of course, there will be much testing.

Ruthven said:
Why would you remove the forcefields on the shields?
I've actually tried it and it is more fun in my opinion to fight with a forcefieldless shield. More risky and dangerous, and more fun. Of course other things can compensate this: shield bashing, reduced ammo for projectiles, and other mechanics.

Also, just to let everyone know, it looks like I'll be jumping into this whole thing. I've been working on my own on a "revamped combat" mod that aims to make melee combat more realistic, natural, and intuitive (for example, 3 meter pikes not being able to stab you when you're in hugging distance). I've been in contact with BiteMe for the past few days talking about things.

Removing the crosshair will lead to people drawing a dot in the middle of their screen
if they can't restore the crosshair with changing the files.

Maybe Urist, not everyone will think of that though, and a lot of use would find it more fun without any guide, gives you more of a "feel" to the game.

Also, we have already planned how to nerf arrows without ruining gameplay. Melee combat will be alot more fun, and will take more skill as there will be more ways of hurting your enemy. You will have to pick your weapons with care, if the enemy are all in plate armour, dont take a short sword, take a hammer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom