Realism in wFaS

Users who are viewing this thread

imis4action

Regular
I'm talking singleplayer here. I have a question for everyone. Do you think that realism in wFaS enhances the gameplay and makes the game more fun? I personally felt that getting oneshotted from across the map and reloading a weapon for a few weeks isn't that fun. You could say that it helps to play the game differently by making you stay behind lines and think strategically about the army formations. I say that it's ****. If i wanted to to order armies around the map  i would play strategy games (one of my favourite game genres) not do it from a third/first person view with a ****ty order system. But that's just my thoughts.

Until WFaS I played as a hero in both mount and blades always in the front lines riding through lots of dangers alike. But that changed in Wfas which became much more attractive this way. I mean I don't play as a hero now but a officer in a faction. It is much fun this way come on people who want to charge into a formation where lots of loaded guns pointed at you... I would plan my strategy in my officer's tent with my companions...

horse and pistol is the answer here - while riding a horse sheer to shoot line - you won't be hit and pistol loading time is not that long. At least those help me with these problems. And little details like paying attention with guy is loading a gun or aiming, is he aiming at you or somebody else helps to not get the heart attack thru frustration.

Yeah, this is why guns killed the "Knight in Shining Armor". wFaS requires a very different type of command. I guess you can either adapt or be replaced as an officer! Or travel back in time to the other M&B games...

It takes a whole lot longer to reload a musket than it does in this game, and you must not have played Warband against crossbows because they could kill you in 1-2 shots.

I don't stay behind the line. I create my line, ride in throw grenades, ride back, get more grenades, do that as many times as I can before they get too close to my line and then I and my cav rush in and fight.

I do this every battle and I almost never get KOd.

I can't even remember the last time I was KOd in battle by a bullet.

Flank your enemies. Never charge musketeers or pikemen from the front. Flank, Flank, Flank and Flank again. Pistol, as has been said, is the best.  I use lance, sabre, and pistol in field battles. My force is cavalry heavy and yet we whomp pike  and musket heavy forces like the Swedes and I am rarely hit within seconds. Have your troops follow and work the edge of the map and come to the side of your foe. Then hit them hard and fast. Disperse them and hit the musket men with lance while they are reloading and charge the pikemen from their rear and disperse them. Seriously this works and I am rarely wounded at the start. I don't even use a shield. If you have infantry they can pin your enemy while your cav circle and pick off targets fleeing or rout musketeers who will usually move behind melee infantry. FLANK! This is the best way to use your mount and your cavalry in this century and it's what they actually did.

Back
Top Bottom