RCC = Bad RP Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Plazek said:
(TWD)Tom said:
Plazek said:
Today me and my band of outlaws captured two slaves and put them to work on the island mine. One was an engineer so we forced him to make lockpicks for us to earn his freedom, when it became apparent he had no rich friends to pay a ransom. We let the worthless serf go free after we had sold his share of the ore.

It was epic RP.

If you read this big thanks for not just creating a fake death and playing along my slavey friends! :grin:

As Deadeye said you and your friends  just kinda ruined an hour of playing. You and your outlaw crew went around hijacking g boats of commoners stealing them (right after me and splint go back all the stuck boats) you took the engineer ta ht I was trying to transport iron too and would not respond to me asking how much did you want from me, you were basically being dicks.

1) We stole a SINGLE boat.
2) We only stole that boat because a green was on board and the red army had just requested we return to the town to assist them against the greens. So we killed him, hijacked the boat and allowed all other green sympathisers to surrender.
3) We were offering a ransom for the engineer of just 1000 gold. I announced it on global chat two times and also told him if he had anyone who would pay to get in touch with them and get them to come along. I asked him a couple times if he had made any progress, he hadn't. So we allowed him to work for his freedom.
4) We had an admin tailing us pretty much 99% of the time. So I am pretty sure the vast majority of our playing was perfectly within the rules.

---

Learn not to lie about basic facts and perhaps you may be able to come up with a believable whine.

Of course it is not like outlaws are exactly nice people, I am pretty sure if your being affected by our playing and you think were horrible bastards were doing it right.

I don't recall saying that.... I only posted once here. (now twice)  And it said nothing of the sort.

Big factions can work, but it requires a few dedicated and loyal friends, good diplomacy, gold and above all; Leadership.

Actually today my order had around 60 men at a time, and possessed all castles, until the Swadians fought back and captured one.

I gathered a small army to recapture it because I didn't expect much resistance, I was wrong and we got slaughtered,
but frankly I have had been playing for 9 hours already and it was a good time to give the 50+ men faction to my friend and called it a day.

I don't know what had become of the order after I left, It probably died and people joined other factions to get some new wars going on and get some more action.
Cause it is right that after we killed all other factions, captured all castles me and my warriors were looking to eachother: WTF now?

I tried to set some rules about governing the world and being friendly to the peasants and supporting them and so on but in the end people want to fight so they started leaving the big faction to join the Swadians to recapture their castle.
I think in the end it's all about having fun, and I certainly had fun leading ya all towards glorious world domination. Biggest problem I faced is managing the whole world by myself.
You just can't do it, even if you appoint certain people to each castle with certain guards and serfs, It will fall on its face at some point where people leave a castle to unguarded and it just gets captured.

But frankly I only play to wage war and capture stuff so the best thing to do is quit when you have it all.
Teamwork is everything in this mod. Having lots of friends is a must. get together on Teamspeak or mumble or whatever and get yourself organized, you can take over the world. believe me.

I know. And all the problems in the game would go away if people weren't so quick to jump in any random fight. There are those that don't, but then there is everyone else that just wants to kill something.

I got a huge problem with dominant factions, in different aspects.

1. As a serf: I always start up by joining a faction as a serf, because of the increased lauboring skill. Then I go and begin mine. Then one of the 4 factions becomes dominant. And everytime I have
played, the soldiers from that faction have killed me when they see me carry iron ore. It is always some guys that does this, so it ends with me joining that faction for being able to work without being killed. It is very frustrating. Even though the kings of these dominant factions are nice to serfs, doesn't mean that their men are.

2. As a soldier and the matter of respawning: So now I've joined up, earned some money and fight for my banner. At some point the enemy launch an attack on our fort/castle and kills the most of us. I respawn in the exact same fort/castle and the enemy kill me again. Without giving a damn about me just respawning, and I just try to run. I don't even attack them. This is a major problem.

3. Tolerance for other factions: As the dominant faction grows it's hostility also grows. A part of the men are hostile towards other factions without any reason. We are not at war or anyting in that direction, but they don't seem to care.

I also want to bring up another aspect in the game. Niceness is a well needed thing on the server. Very many take others horses seeing if they want it.,take other players boats and like to be unpleasant towards eachother. I try to be as nice I can. I give money to players who need it, are polite towards others and so on. Some people are nice back, but very many are not.

Azrayel said:
I believe they've said something to the effect of this "not being an RP mod" as of the v4 alpha.

Reading the RCC official rules, they are obviously RP rules. Read them, if you haven't, and you'll understand what I mean.

Vizaresha said:
WEEELL it would be good if there was a limit like 20-25 Players for a faction ,ive seen factions with 50 people,thats way to much cause they get so powerful they can do whatever they want.While one faction has 50 Players the others are not even existing,or have like only 2 Members.
I think the 4 different Factions are needed to make the game experience more varying.

What if I have 21-26 freinds and we all want to play together?

Heh, I think you should know splintert, that the MCF clan is getting rather attatched to Warband. There are plenty members.. (not that I know an exact number  :grin:)  And there are still people from in-game being invited to our TS3 channel, soon after they keep coming back. Yes, Splintert if not already, then I am well on my way to having 21-26 freinds. Or atleast 21-26 clanmates and TS3 associates.

deadeye238 said:
    Heh, I think you should know splintert, that the MCF clan is getting rather attatched to Warband. There are plenty members.. (not that I know an exact number  :grin:)  And there are still people from in-game being invited to our TS3 channel, soon after they keep coming back. Yes, Splintert if not already, then I am well on my way to having 21-26 freinds. Or atleast 21-26 clanmates and TS3 associates.

that's what i thought.

Yeah your right then I guess, I only got say maybe... 5-10 freinds. The rest is clanmates and associates. SHUTUP I KNEW YOU WERE RIGHT FROM THE BEGINING.

Here is two scenarios in which I could be killed for no reason yet for one of them I'd be fine.

Scenario A) My boat is hijacked by pirates and they kill me wordlessly. I'm annoyed.

Scenario B) My boat is hijacked by pirates and they force me to walk the plank. I'm fine.

Its not really a matter of what you do, but how you do it.

And now we know why you can't just RP on 4.0! Too much conflicts!
Just my opinion...
But really... "Hostile to everyone" it's like "WE SHOW WE ARE RDMer's! :B"
Wheres the RP gone? (besides, where is the rum gone?)
I mean like, whewt?

But besides that! I think the whole threat is just a big fat bunch of offtopicness ....Or atleast it has gone into it... transformer like.

so.... CLOSE EEET!

read the previous 2 posts, they are returning to the topic. you are offtopic. this post is also offtopic to point out your offtopicness.

i agree with czar, i don't care WHAT you do but HOW it is done.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Here is two scenarios in which I could be killed for no reason yet for one of them I'd be fine.

Scenario A) My boat is hijacked by pirates and they kill me wordlessly. I'm annoyed.

Scenario B) My boat is hijacked by pirates and they force me to walk the plank. I'm fine.

Its not really a matter of what you do, but how you do it.

I will nitpick and point out that his comparison is inaccurate. A more accurate comparison would be this:

Scenario B) My boat is hijacked by pirates and they kill me in an RPly fashion. I'm fine.

P.S. We really need to stop and say, what would be a good replacement for "RPly?"

Back
Top Bottom