Ransom a Vassal

Users who are viewing this thread

I have created my own kingdom and one of my vassals was captured and is now a prisoner. How, if i can, do I ransom him. The Ransom broker cant do it, speaking to enemy vassals gives no option and there is no option to do so with my minister. The AI arbitrarily makes ransom offers why cant I?

The only thing I know is to just wait,and his family will eventually send you an offer, (they give you money,you give them prisoner).

Or you can keep the guy, and make that kingdom pissed at you.

Hope this helps.

I mean the other way around, they have my vassal and I want him back I dont know who to talk to in order to get him back.

Im sure someone will say forget him, but i spent so much time and denars getting him loyal to me, it seems like such a waste.

Find out where he is being held captive. It's either an enemy castle or town. If the captured lord has a close relative like a wife, mother, brother etc. you can ask them for a task. Most likely they will ask you to go and rescue him yourself and they will give the location.

You will have to sneak into the castle/town, get the keys from the prison guard and bust your pal out.

Sreaction said:
I was afraid of that. That sounds like a tall order, but thanks for replying

That's pretty much how it works. I don't think there's a way to actually ransom like other kingdoms do  :sad:
Make sure you make it easy on yourself though...head to a village that belongs to the castle or town, and ask them to start a distraction for you. This'll make it so you don't have to fight through a buttload of guys.

Back
Top Bottom