random wars

Users who are viewing this thread

is it posiblle to somehow stop my faction from declaring wars randomly, i mean i have 2 castles and i have appearantly declared war with 3 factions, like i made peace with vlandians and literally 2 ingame hours passed before my faction declared war again on them, its rlly not fun to spend all my money on peace which doesnt even last.

I have the exact same problem, I have a couple cities and castles, they all belong directly to me, but all the time I either get declared war upon or inexplicably declare war on others. I don't have a problem with paying for peace, I've got over 2 million denarii just laying about with a ton of passive income, but it is just annoying to constantly get my villages burned when I stop scaring the enemies off with my army.

check your open quests.
could be, that you have "istianas plan" & "stop conspiracy" activated. Should be, if you made the main quest, til you got your own KINGDOM.
these mainquests are incomplete, you can´t get further, ore even complete them. (both quests seem to be bond together)
Had the same Problem after creating my own Kingdom, failing the not stoppable conspiracy-quest every week, and my Kingdom declared War randomly on other realms, even those i made Peace with, minutes before. Or Realms, without any fief anymore declared war on me.

startet a new game, not going on with the main-quest to my own kingdom - will wait until its further developed.

check your open quests.
could be, that you have "istianas plan" & "stop conspiracy" activated. Should be, if you made the main quest, til you got your own KINGDOM.
these mainquests are incomplete, you can´t get further, ore even complete them. (both quests seem to be bond together)
Had the same Problem after creating my own Kingdom, failing the not stoppable conspiracy-quest every week, and my Kingdom declared War randomly on other realms, even those i made Peace with, minutes before. Or Realms, without any fief anymore declared war on me.

startet a new game, not going on with the main-quest to my own kingdom - will wait until its further developed.

Can you NOT fail the conspiracy quest?

Can you NOT fail the conspiracy quest?
This quest is unfinished or buged ,so we have to let some time for dev guys to finish it.Chill enjoy war and fights and we will play differente style when new stuff will be released.For me work if i won fights i release all lords,so they like me more,after some fights you will have with them relations + 30,If you ask them to join your kingdom with high charm they wont take money from you for that and will join for free.For me work with 1 clan he is here and not leaving.

for the moment, there is no way to find these guys, that are advancing the conspiracy against you. There are no hints, nothing to find, nobody to talk about, what happens exactly. Even trying to kill Istiana :razz: doesn´t work, neither the other guy would give you sth that could help.

With a save file of over 2000 days at this point, I can relate to the issue of the random war. Because of my faction constantly randomly declaring war the startup was VERY hard. Currently there are 4 powerful kingdoms, me, Vlandia, Southern Kingdom and the Khuzaits.

I decided to get the Ascerai cities & castles first to get a foothold without declaring war on the powerful kingdoms, that worked, until I recruited a couple nobles who wouldn't stop declaring war on all 3 of the powerful factions. I spent a total of about 1.5M making peace until I finally had a strong enough army to actually stand my ground. -- Now, (I am in 1.1.0, but I doubt anything was changed about this) I am currently at war with the Khuzait constantly, because I'm not paying them off, I can take them on now. My nobles are MUCH less likely to declare war on Vlandia/Southern, it used to happen once every one to two ingame days, now it happens every ingame month at least, but I have gone a full YEAR without them declaring war (full year being 120 days).

To me, it seems like if you're actively at war with ONE kingdom at least, they're less likely to declare war on others. It just seems like they need to have a powerful enough enemy that it keeps draining their resources (I'm at about 7000 men, Khuzait around 8000), that way they are spending their resources on THAT war and not declaring war on other Kingdoms because they're bored.

TLDR: Make sure your guys have a powerful enough enemy to fight or they will start declaring war so they can fight anyway, they're funky like that.

ok so late game atm if you have your own kingdom is extremely bad, these random wars need to go its imposiblle to play properly, atm i have 3 castles and 6 factions are at war with me

for me it was nearly the same. Had 2 cities and 3 castles. I had NO Vassal but my companions, my enemies loved me (released them after defeat permanently), but every week I failed the Conspiracy-Quest and its counter grew on, and even if I had defeated an enemy Kingdom, made peace, there were no guarantee, that they won´t declare war on me, or my Kingdom (who, btw?) on them.

Thats why I play on Clan-Level, not going further with the main Quest, when I got the Banner, I´ll give it to no one and don´t tell anyone, I have it, until its clear, that the Quest isn´t buggy anymor / is completed. Just missing a few things as a kingdom, as there is the possibitlity to command your companions, to follow your army, for example. But I can attack other Kingdoms, can take their castles & cities, and if I have enough, I can make peace with them. So it´s not the best way, but it works... especially because there is no real late-game now. Hope they get mor story in main and Character-Stories, mor Questlines and Interaction with NSCs , like to grew up relations to anybody without having to defeat him in battle or wake up your companions interacting with you, when you don´t pay the wages for your troop.

So im hoping on the developers :wink:

for me it was nearly the same. Had 2 cities and 3 castles. I had NO Vassal but my companions, my enemies loved me (released them after defeat permanently), but every week I failed the Conspiracy-Quest and its counter grew on, and even if I had defeated an enemy Kingdom, made peace, there were no guarantee, that they won´t declare war on me, or my Kingdom (who, btw?) on them.

Thats why I play on Clan-Level, not going further with the main Quest, when I got the Banner, I´ll give it to no one and don´t tell anyone, I have it, until its clear, that the Quest isn´t buggy anymor / is completed. Just missing a few things as a kingdom, as there is the possibitlity to command your companions, to follow your army, for example. But I can attack other Kingdoms, can take their castles & cities, and if I have enough, I can make peace with them. So it´s not the best way, but it works... especially because there is no real late-game now. Hope they get mor story in main and Character-Stories, mor Questlines and Interaction with NSCs , like to grew up relations to anybody without having to defeat him in battle or wake up your companions interacting with you, when you don´t pay the wages for your troop.

So im hoping on the developers :wink:
I just decided to do the opposite, and destroy every last one of them... only 5 settlements left.

I've decided to put the game aside until I see that they're working on this. The random, nonsensical war declarations are obnoxious. They make no sense and are worse than anything I've experienced in Warhammer, a game known for its random, idiotic war declarations. Why on earth would the weakest realm declare war on the entire map? The campaign-map AI for realms is clearly non-existent at the moment. War declarations, in particular, appear to be random and not based on any logic. I hope they make it priority, but I know that they have a crap-ton of other stuff to deal with right now and I understand that too. Just saying, it's horrible.

Agree, please stop random war declarations and instead improve diplomacy capabilities!

I would also like a feature like civil war, when a faction is getting to big. Let it split, like the empire! That's at least a better reason for war than dicing :wink:

Fight to the end when the military strength is 1 : 0-1.5 and do not accept the peace agreement. As long as the IQ is normal or higher, can play games, never lose.
When > ≠1.5, try to account for more interests before the peaceful negotiation.
When > ≠3.5, the earlier the peace negotiation, the better.
After all, not all battles can be fought by highly skilled players, and each NPC or soldier is not as tough as the player.
So, the outcome depends on the situation.
And, TW is definitely not 996.

Back
Top Bottom