Raganvad's clan, Gundaroving, changed their flag to purple with a white boat after he died...

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
I've seen other clan leaders die and no flag change so not sure what's going on here. Is it because he was the kingdom leader or something? Is it just a bug? They never swapped factions, they've always been Sturgian and still are. Mimir took over as their clan leader and he is from Sturgia, I was chosen as the new faction leader.

The ruling clan always has the faction's banner as their own. If Unqid bites it, his clan's banner turns an odd color too. Dethert's banner becomes an awkward looking crusader bucket.

I'm not sure if it is intended but changing colors in the case of Sturgia, some Imperial factions and Aserai seems like an oversight.

The ruling clan always has the faction's banner as their own. If Unqid bites it, his clan's banner turns an odd color too. Dethert's banner becomes an awkward looking crusader bucket.

I'm not sure if it is intended but changing colors in the case of Sturgia, some Imperial factions and Aserai seems like an oversight.

An update to this I actually just realized that my clan banner was changed to their old clan banner, so they picked a new one...I'm guessing it's a bug with picking a new ruler from a different clan.

When I betrayed the northern empire I kept their background color but my emblem color changed to what I had it as before! I like it though I'm keeping it!
Looks good as blue emblem on purple backing.

An update to this I actually just realized that my clan banner was changed to their old clan banner, so they picked a new one...I'm guessing it's a bug with picking a new ruler from a different clan.
It's the Kingdom banner rather than the Clan banner. Whichever clan becomes the ruling family will use the kingdom banner. So not actually a bug. When the clans that are ruling at the start are replaced they get a new banner.

It's the Kingdom banner rather than the Clan banner. Whichever clan becomes the ruling family will use the kingdom banner. So not actually a bug. When the clans that are ruling at the start are replaced they get a new banner.

Ah I see... tbh I think the Kingdom banner should be changed to your clans banner if you become the ruling clan. Seems weird that you both change banners which have been in your family for generations.

Actually this is a bit bug because when a king dies his old clan's or new king's clan background color can change and usually it become a weird purple (i do not remember currently which was) and be different from kingdom's normal background color. I reported this to team about 3-4 weeks ago.

Actually this is a bit bug because when a king dies his old clan's or new king's clan background color can change and usually it become a weird purple (i do not remember currently which was) and be different from kingdom's normal background color. I reported this to team about 3-4 weeks ago.

Yes Raganvads clan became Violet background with a white boat. The background color eventually changed back to blue, maybe hotfix from your report, but the boat is still not a good match for the rest of the flags in the kingdom. It looks foreign, and I'd way rather they just kept their original flag as I switch my banner immediately back to mine anyway.

Yes Raganvads clan became Violet background with a white boat. The background color eventually changed back to blue, maybe hotfix from your report, but the boat is still not a good match for the rest of the flags in the kingdom. It looks foreign, and I'd way rather they just kept their original flag as I switch my banner immediately back to mine anyway.

I don't think they started working on this because I still see this color mismatch on map time to time and it bothers. Yes you are right boat is not suitable too and usually I see boat as new icon when this happen (probably related to another bug). I will attach this post to opened issue, I hope they fix it.

I don't think they started working on this because I still see this color mismatch on map time to time and it bothers. Yes you are right boat is not suitable too and usually I see boat as new icon when this happen (probably related to another bug). I will attach this post to opened issue, I hope they fix it.

Huh well I dunno what to say about that because last week Raganvads clan changed back to blue for me.

Be wary that ruling clans have their personal banner that's totally different from the faction banner, if they lose the throne to another clan, they revert to their personal clan banner, while the new ruling clan drops its own and takes faction banner as clan banner.

You can check their personal banners in spclans.xml, copy the banner code and then paste it here

Don't know about color switching bug though.

EDIT: On 1.5.6 the primary and secondary color of the background layer seems to have switched places in the banner editor (now the primary is up, secondary below)

EDIT 2: some factions' clans have the purple as default background color and they rely on game applying the correct faction color to its background upon game loading, so often a fix is simply saving and reloading the savegame when that happens mid-game

Last edited:
Be wary that ruling clans have their personal banner that's totally different from the faction banner, if they lose the throne to another clan, they revert to their personal clan banner, while the new ruling clan drops its own and takes faction banner as clan banner.

You can check their personal banners in spclans.xml, copy the banner code and then paste it here

Don't know about color switching bug though.

EDIT: On 1.5.6 the primary and secondary color of the background layer seems to have switched places in the banner editor (now the primary is up, secondary below)

EDIT 2: some factions' clans have the purple as default background color and they rely on game applying the correct faction color to its background upon game loading, so often a fix is simply saving and reloading the savegame when that happens mid-game

Hmm I didn't realize this... but still think there shouldn't be a ruling banner. If a clan rightfully took over a kingdom I would expect they would want their banner to be the ruling banner. Also, for the record, Raganvad's clan's maiden banner (sail boat) doesn't mesh well with the other Celtic knot style banners. So if there HAS to be a ruling clan banner then it would be nice if the former rulers change to something that still fits the scheme.

Raganvad's clan's maiden banner (sail boat) doesn't mesh well with the other Celtic knot style
Why would Sturgian who is a mesh of norse&slavic have a celtic knot :?:

Other than that, i agree, for me personally more immersive would be for the clan banner to become that faction's banner upon ascending to throne (as it mostly was historicaly), and not the other way arround.
For example, in previous games (Warband, Viking Conquest...) If you pressed a claimant to the throne, the faction would change its banner to that of the claimant.

Why would Sturgian who is a mesh of norse&slavic have a celtic knot :?:

Other than that, i agree, for me personally more immersive would be for the clan banner to become that faction's banner upon ascending to throne (as it mostly was historicaly), and not the other way arround.
For example, in previous games (Warband, Viking Conquest...) If you pressed a claimant to the throne, the faction would change its banner to that of the claimant.

Dawg have you played the game? Every clan in Sturgia has a Celtic knot for a symbol... if those aren't technically "Celtic knots" then whatever they still don't mesh with a sailboat.

Dawg have you played the game? Every clan in Sturgia has a Celtic knot for a symbol... if those aren't technically "Celtic knots" then whatever they still don't mesh with a sailboat.
I have, and i get what you mean (that salboat looks too Vlandian to me), but i disagree about Sturgia having celtic knots whatsoever. There are exactly 2 of that can be considered as celtic knots, one of which is underneath a viking longship, and the other has a norse rune in the middle, so not prevailing as oposed to a number of others, thus not making a "celtic knot theme", more of a viking theme, which i dislike actually for Sturgia
K4UpiEQ.png
JFxII71.png
V03Rexk.png
C1921yp.png
mQLX1fg.png
tkQeqv3.png
0vWyuyZ.png
K4UpiEQ.png
tVQVhJ4.png

and the sailboat
3SRBkb8.png

I have researched all the banners and the behaviours to death, you can check out my mod if you would like more diversity (as i couldn`t stand default banner design and colors), and as you can see, again, yes, i have indeed played the game :smile:

I have, and i get what you mean (that salboat looks too Vlandian to me), but i disagree about Sturgia having celtic knots whatsoever. There are exactly 2 of that can be considered as celtic knots, one of which is underneath a viking longship, and the other has a norse rune in the middle, so not prevailing as oposed to a number of others
K4UpiEQ.png
JFxII71.png
V03Rexk.png
C1921yp.png
mQLX1fg.png
tkQeqv3.png
0vWyuyZ.png
K4UpiEQ.png

and the sailboat
3SRBkb8.png

I have researched all the banners and the behaviours to death, you can check out my mod if you would like more diversity, and as you can see, again, yes, i have indeed played the game :smile:

Touche. Alright maybe just slightly alter the sailboat to look more like a longship and we'll call it a draw.

My personal opinion is we shouldn`t even compromise about this with TW.
I`m very passionate about not loving the default monocolor simplistic banner designs, so I try convincing them in a different approach whenever i can, to have lovely, a bit more complex banners, and have other kind of map overview distinction between factions.
Alas, so far as i see them firmly staying with this design, that`s why i`m making this mod, so i can get at least some enjoyment :xf-wink:
But to each their own

My personal opinion is we shouldn`t even compromise about this with TW.
I`m very passionate about not loving the default monocolor simplistic banner designs, so I try convincing them in a different approach whenever i can, to have lovely, a bit more complex banners, and have other kind of map overview distinction between factions.
Alas, so far as i see them firmly staying with this design, that`s why i`m making this mod, so i can get at least some enjoyment :xf-wink:
But to each their own

I suppose I wouldn't disagree with that. I've seen videos/pictures of the complex banners mod it looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom