Quicker way to Hire/Give Troops/Prisoners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brewchief

Recruit
Hello I have a question. When you capture a castle/town, sometimes there is a large variety and number of rescued troops. Clicking on each troop type individually and moving the mouse pointer down to the "hire" button to add them to your group can get extremely monotonous and therefore tedious.

So my question is, is there a way to select all of the troops at once, like by clicking the top troop type, holding select/cntrl/alt and then clicking the bottom troop type (none of these work by the way I tried) so that you can just hire them all with one click?

Or maybe a button you can hold when you click on them so they are automatically hired rather than having to move the pointer down to the hire button?

I know that when there are multiple troops of a certain type you can hold control and click on them to move them all at once with prisoners or troops when you are selling them to a ransom broker/putting them in your dungeon or giving them to a garrison, respectively. This doesn't help me with this though.

Please don't think me lazy, but when the enemy has collected a large variety of enemy troops as prisoners, hiring them after you conquer that castle or town is very aggravating. And it happens a lot. Can anyone clue me in please?

Warband is sadly missing a lot of those really convenient features that would've made it considerably more player-friendly.  Oh, the things I would give for a button that automatically sorts your inventory or upgrades all your troops at once...

Meadows said:
Warband is sadly missing a lot of those really convenient features that would've made it considerably more player-friendly.  Oh, the things I would give for a button that automatically sorts your inventory or upgrades all your troops at once...

I second that!

I thought about that too. The thing is, a button to upgrade all  would get tripped up when there are multiple choices for upgrading. Perhaps the upgrade all button would only work if the troop has one upgrade path.

As for selecting troops, It would be amazing if the troop screen worked like windows explorer, mac finder, or another file manager and troops were treated like files in folders. things would be a little easier. And also more hotkeys. Perhaps Mount and Blade VI.

Back
Top Bottom