Quick guide to solving the multiplayer key issue for GOG Version of M&B: With Fire & Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

A note for those who have just bought the game and are trying to play multiplayer, but can't because of a missing field (Many thanks to Falran from GOG support for giving me the solution):

Reverting the game to the previous update (Version 1.143 logo) allowed me to enter the serial and join a multiplayer game.

To revert updates, use the menu button to the right of the play button in GOG Galaxy and click Manage installation-> Configure -> Installation -> Uncheck "Automatically update to newest version". Then pick "Version 1.143 logo". (FYI: I currently don't know how to get an older version without using GOG's client).

For some reason though, updating it back to the newest patch still produces the same bug even after the key has been entered, so it needs to be left on the older version.

This should not affect anything unless playing the Russian version, however, as according to patch notes I found on the GOG forum the only thing that changed, ironically, was "fixed an issue with the multiplayer keys not working correctly in the Russian version of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword".

Yes but the current (bugged) version is listed in GOG Galaxy as "1.143 fix", while the one I'm saying you have to use is apparently the update before it, listed as "1.143 logo".

Back
Top Bottom