Quick Guide to get fast renown and lvl fast

Users who are viewing this thread

After reading some topics and posts, and playing too there are 2 simples tips:

To get money fast go to any town center > enter arena >talk to one of guys who is the organizing the event and fight, the first fights won't give you too much, but after some fights you will win 2 k per fight which can be done each 24 hours in game hour.

To get renown:Now you have the money, choose the faction you want to fight for the brits have the best ranged light infantry (96th rifleman) and the frenchs have the best heavy infantry line (old guard). So you want to get renown and be able to hold bigger arms and beauty officer uniforms and fighting against other lords is hard for you army size, also their cannons will tear you apart, so what do you need? CAVALRY yes, actually spaming calvary is very efficient against the AI even the cavalry recruits will make up, cavalry have a average kd of 3.1, you will lose a lot of calvary in ur charges especialy in the first contact, but even recruits are good cavalry.

Now you on the other side of the coin how to defend ur self? Time your shots look for the perfect angle and the right time, and they cavalry is close keep ur infantry tight so cavalry won't pass through.
And how to fix the calvary spam? Simple, if AI keep their infantry tight cavalry is inefective as most of their horses will end in your bayonet, it's like rushing against a pike wall. On Nova Aetas they have made it.

I was with 99 cavalry most recruits against a lord with 130 infantry, I won with a loss of 20 men.
F005811B9256F5E9C28884B946BD393DF2273946

And here almost all recruits attacking a lord with 140 infantry. Cavalry is almost unstopabble if you have enough
5B98657C9E0234DF59789D3984CC07E71A3DEEEF

The Austrian Jaegers, riflemen, are slightly better that the 95th Rifles in accuracy, but I believe they reload slower.

I used to take cities with about 100-120 Austrian Jägers. They are brutally accurate, when used in mass and reload is not too slow either. I used to get about 20+ renown for these sieges. Also, if you take only a couple of cavalry, you can go against patrols, without relation penalty, so you can get smaller amounts of renown quite quickly as these troops spawn quite often near cities. Cavalry goes through those patrols like nothing, especially higher tier ones.

I used to make money by selling stuff, taken from raided villages. You can get 2-3K or more(depending on inventory space) per raid. There is the risk tho, that enemy lords show up. However, if you have about 100 troops, you can easily beat them as cavalry uses no horses on village scenes, so they just rush into the musket fire and die. Also they often get stuck behind buildings, so you don't get the whole army at once only in slower paces as they manage to get around the buildings.

I didn't tested the Austrain Jaguers but I heard a lot about them, I told about the kickboxing because its safe and If you have 100 cavalry you can easily defeat any lord (not king) in open field, and for me its not good because you don't need strategy, I just brought this in hope to be changed, either the way you get cavalry, or the way they break any infantry formation from any tier. 
Because right now don't need to be a expert strategist in infantry movement to be able to defeat a larger army, you just need to rush you'r cavalry and wait for the result. In 1257 AD cavalry is harder to obtain and everyone use them.

I'm not a history expert in this area, but I know if something is OP IRL anyone will try to flood the field with it. And right now as I said cavalry is unstoppable when used against AI, I love this mod but it needs a tweak or it will be too easy. My suggestion is making them expansive consuming more food and or more money.

Well, what stopped cavalry sweeping the field historically was that horses were (and presumably still are) unwilling to charge into a row of bayonets, so when infantry battalions were formed in square enemy cavalry would end up impotently riding around the squares getting steadily shot to pieces. The French charge at Waterloo is a textbook example. I did notice that there is a "brace polearms" command when you press F8, but I haven't tested it yet.

A. Protokletos said:
Well, what stopped cavalry sweeping the field historically was that horses were (and presumably still are) unwilling to charge into a row of bayonets, so when infantry battalions were formed in square enemy cavalry would end up impotently riding around the squares getting steadily shot to pieces. The French charge at Waterloo is a textbook example. I did notice that there is a "brace polearms" command when you press F8, but I haven't tested it yet.

The cavalry still just smash through the infantry line and proceed to destroy them. If you come up against a large number of light cav, they'll reach you before you can get your lines formed most of the time. You only think this mod can do to attempt any form of balance is make horses one shot kills with any musket/rifle, otherwise they will steam roll pretty much everything except other cavalry

Horses are pretty much one shot kills, their health and armor has been nerfed several times. But the AI tends to aim for the rider rather than the horse and that is hardcoded as dar as I know.

A. Protokletos said:
I did notice that there is a "brace polearms" command when you press F8, but I haven't tested it yet.

Well... I already experienced what happens, when you end up on braced pitchforks... Damn peasants do it quite a lot. :grin:

The problem for now is tho, that the square formation doesn't really work. For now you get less casualties when you form triple rank against cavalry charge. With a bit of luck, you have the time to do so.
So for now, cav. is quite OP. If you have high tier infantry and you let them come closer and then fire at once, you can take out quite a lot of them... or at least the horses.

Currently, I usually use draoons and myself to take the cavs. attention til the infantry forms up. then I draw them close and fire with infantry. That takes care of them.

Yeah for us players it's not hard to stop the cavalry, with timed volleys I already killed many, but the problem is the AI, and as their aim preference is hardcoded the other way around would be the formations, most of times when I rush with my cavalry against AI their formation breaks after the first volley fire, and if the infantry is spread out, it makes a easy job for cavalry.

On Nova Aetas mod, infantry gets very very tight making impossible to cavalry break in, but I don't know if their shields also have something with it. If you watch a video from them you will see all their cavalry stopping in front of the infantry because they can't break in.

Back
Top Bottom