Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Cairn Curio said:
Yes, I have a question, I've enjoyed this mod very much as I played it especially as a noble but my companions say I can set a knight to rule a place for me, when I talk to my advisors none of them talk about changing from direct rule to the said knights rule, is that only for kings or am I not approaching the way to change correctly

The way i usually go about it is:

Open party menu > speak to a companion (Any companion will do) > ask about my fiefs (Its a dialogue option you can ask them, should be easy to find) > select fief (and they will give me information etc one of which is that it is directly managed by me) > Mention i want to change this (They will tell me this will cost 1000 Denars) > Confirm (You should now have a knight stationed inside your fief)

I asked them about specific fiefs, thats where I learned about it, I've asked artimenner and bashetur and when I ask about a specific thief they will explain how it is ruled and the different of rules then it goes back to dialogue choose and all I can do is nevermind and go back to main dialogue section

No, I just checked it again, it worked this time, must of been a glitch, although the second time I tried to change the setting, it's response choices were do you want to replace the current marshall, retire a minister, hire a new minister. very strange.

:cool:guys, sorry my english but I am Brazilian and I wondered why this obsession with mid-1200, SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A MOD OF THE DARK AGE,ABOUT  THE KING  ATHUR ETC .. and the mod was very good :mrgreen:

Dorrin said:
Do you have the 1000 needed to hire a knight to manage the fief for you?

Yes, you also need 1000 if you want to dismiss it and manage it yourself again.

Ghouls said:
:cool:guys, sorry my english but I am Brazilian and I wondered why this obsession with mid-1200, SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A MOD OF THE DARK AGE,ABOUT  THE KING  ATHUR ETC .. and the mod was very good :mrgreen:

Brytenwalda isn't with king Arthur but it is in the dark age, also 1200 is still in the dark age, as all of the medieval time was the dark age.

No, it wasn't. There's a difference between "Dark Ages" (which, btw, is limited not only in time, but also in area, namely Western Europe) and "Middle Ages" (which is also limited in time and area, namely Europe in general). The Dark Ages had ended since a long time by 1184.

thomasNL01 said:
Ghouls said:

Brytenwalda isn't with king Arthur but it is in the dark age, also 1200 is still in the dark age, as all of the medieval time was the dark age.
wasn't dark ages  transition to middle ages???

It is, "Dark Ages" is basically a way to refer to the Late Antiquity and/or especially the Early Middle Ages in Western Europe. In any case, the 12th century is right in the middle of the High Middle Ages.

Hunn, Brytenwalda I will check  :shock: , and I still think that dark age without Arthur is poor  :neutral: , but thanks for the tip, you guys indicate some more mod? :mrgreen: Thanks and again sorry for my english

Hey, how do you recruit retainers and knights, i couldnt see it on the recruitment thread.  Thanks and love the mod :grin:

knights: you need a fief, and a companion.
Talk to companion.
Select, governing fiefs, or whatever it says.
Change type of control.
Congrats you just lost 1000 denars for a knight that sucks a taxes away, cost one hell lot of money if he's in you party, but is very overpowered.

Retainers: Get a castle.

When I spoke to my companions, I did not have the option to send them out to spread right-to-rule.  I also noticed that there was not a "right-to-rule" count on my character.

So, is there "right-to-rule" in this mod, and if so, how does it work?

Note, my renown was 15 and honor was -20, and I just recently revolted from a lord (on account of that "locked permanently if going to battle as soldier under different king" bug, it was the only way out of the infinity loop).

It shouldn't matter: In native, you can still send companions out to generate right to rule after declaring your kingdom (and the game even hints to do so if your right-to-rule is low upon declaring your kingdom).

Back
Top Bottom