Quarrying

Users who are viewing this thread

I was trying to say that some people who are new to Nova Aetas generally join tournaments for cash instead of crafting, cutting trees and quarrying stone.  You have found an excellent way to cash, so I wouldn't call you a newbie. Multiple ways to earn gold are provided and I wouldn't call one superior. There should be a balance. Current setup seems fine.

My suggestion for mining is to make Gold (once you smelt the 6 pieces) more valuable. It took me about a hour to get 6 pieces that then smelt for 1,000, which I could do in 5 minutes trading silk. Players will eventually drift towards whatever the quickest route to make money is during the early grind. The mining is a great feature, just think the time involved may not be worth it. I do like great difficulty in my campaigns, that is what prevents boredom, so I would not ask that anything be easier. :grin: 

I find Quarrying system perfect for me, but I would like to know if iron and precious ores places respawn in different locations everytime I enter the mine and if they get depleted anytime. Is it that  routine?
Btw I don't see any troble with tournaments. It's a good way to make money but not the only one. It's complete ly compatible to get money from tournaments to be able to get some crafting industry and haveng another way to make money and supply your troops. No problem with that, leave it as is.

Regards  :wink:

stevehoos said:
My suggestion for mining is to make Gold (once you smelt the 6 pieces) more valuable. It took me about a hour to get 6 pieces that then smelt for 1,000, which I could do in 5 minutes trading silk. Players will eventually drift towards whatever the quickest route to make money is during the early grind. The mining is a great feature, just think the time involved may not be worth it. I do like great difficulty in my campaigns, that is what prevents boredom, so I would not ask that anything be easier. :grin:

Agree +1

Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but seeing that it was created for giving feedback by the mod author himself, I think it's the correct place to say this, correct me if I'm wrong.

Said that, I must say I like the mining system, although given the small ammount of time I have with me, I can't afford the "balance" mechanics that are implemented time-wise, that is, having a chance to loose whatever I gained just add more time to the grind, making it feel I'm loosing my time there.

I understand why it is there in the first place, but seeing that I want to mine mostly to have fun with the crafting system, it detrieves from my experience playing.

Said that, I would like to ask for a "tweak-like" option to disable or config mine collapse and/or pickaxe break probability (Although this one is less important, even if mine broke after mining 5 rocks, bad luck I guess), if not in game, maybe a way to alter/disable the scripts involved? (I checked .txt files and had no luck finding anything useful sadly).

Also, not into the quarrel topic but related to the experience is that farming "maze" also makes me feel I wasted my time and money on a farm, which destroys my experience in some way.

Long history short, I want to enjoy alternative "peaceful" ways of advancing in game, but so far they don't offer me the "safety"(time-wise) that traditional methods gave, so I would like to adapt them in a way that fits my playstyle.

Thanks in advance for the great effort put in this mod, it's really appreciated and for reading this.

P.S: Mod's version is 5.0 and M&B: W's version is 1.172, in case it is needed. EDIT: (It is the GOG.com version, also in case it makes a difference)

I'm a bit late to this thread, I know, but personally, I end up doing a combination of everything to advance in Nova Aetas. I do tournaments to build up a small renting empire, buy pickaxes and such to go mining, bring that stuff back to town to craft, work as an apprentice, etc etc. It's fun to get a bunch of funds and materials together through myriad means to get a colony going in the New world. Choice is good. Freedom to play the game your way is preferable to the suggestions I've seen to make tournaments locked. Each new playthrough can tell a far different story. One time, I patiently woked my way up the ranks. Another time, I was a roaming tournament champion. Another time, I was essentially a manhunter, roaming the wastes around Rivacheg with a maul to hunt down taiga bandits and sea raiders for money and prestige.  Yet another game, I was a religious zealot, ambushing Sarranid lords, caravans and villagers and using the funds to buy houses in Christian lands. I've been a viking, a Crusader, a bandit, a champion, an explorer, a craftsman, and an emperor and I've loved each story as much as the last.

Quintillius said:
Can you guys please provide some feedback on quarrying. Just as of town management I barely hear anything. Does it work correctly? Have you died lots of times by a mine collapse? Melting? Is it fun.

Please tell me your experiences.  :smile:

I want to build some things for my village and go out quarry for some stones, but I cant use that stones for building, since the constructing table only accept stones that buy from market. now my inventory just have 20 cheap ass stone , why ? :grin:DDD

Back
Top Bottom