PW_Oasis lack of roleplaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Arraknia said:
On another note, Vornne has stated many times that the module was not intended for roleplay, but was a fancy way of playing TDM.

I love the RP part of PW though, some more, some less but I love it. Also the wars created out of RP are more enjoyable to fight, its like you have a proper reason to conquer the enemy and the fact that you believe to an extent that its 'real'. Earlier on Brack took 3 or 4 connington prisioners for messing around with commoner serfs and held them in prison, things got really tense for Connington to release their men! It was awesome :smile:

Just use Crossfire then, less clan controlled and Lannister free for now. The admins are a joke and the rules are pretty flawed but its not bad.

Not speaking of battles, but people in PW are so rude against each other(not roleplaying ofc lol pffft for noobs xdé cool men kill peasants in PW).Some guy with armor thinks he is better than you, and can treat you like **** (big clan members ofc.) , you just can't enforce RP rules on that server, big clans killed adminship. I am currently an admin in SGaming , there is literally NO WAY to enforce the rules , there are 2 big factions atm, if you ban/punish someone from them, they automatically assume you re holding sides with their enemies, in fact , they hate each other OOC too.
This new PW is just not for me, I only play to do some outlaw RP with my other 4 homies, and admin rights are fun to use.Its all about fighting with a **** fps,looting,killing peasants who reach near the loot,looting,dying.
The banking system killed the mod, i would say. Because gaining money is not hard for real.And people will be like "admin they stole my cart" and I will have to say "give the cart back" .Which is bull**** imo.

wheneverwhatever said:
Not speaking of battles, but people in PW are so rude against each other(not roleplaying ofc lol pffft for noobs xdé cool men kill peasants in PW).Some guy with armor thinks he is better than you, and can treat you like **** (big clan members ofc.) , you just can't enforce RP rules on that server, big clans killed adminship. I am currently an admin in SGaming , there is literally NO WAY to enforce the rules , there are 2 big factions atm, if you ban/punish someone from them, they automatically assume you re holding sides with their enemies, in fact , they hate each other OOC too.
This new PW is just not for me, I only play to do some outlaw RP with my other 4 homies, and admin rights are fun to use.Its all about fighting with a **** fps,looting,killing peasants who reach near the loot,looting,dying.
The banking system killed the mod, i would say. Because gaining money is not hard for real.And people will be like "admin they stole my cart" and I will have to say "give the cart back" .Which is bull**** imo.

Indeed I agree with you, I recall making money being really hard back in the day and if there was no admin online you couldnt withdraw anything so you had to fight with what you had, as I said the good oldl days ha!

This thread made me play Persistent World Mod again.

I joined the Crossfire server yesterday, but as it was pretty late, I only managed to steal a saddle horse and drown it with me so that the owner couldn't get his horse back or loot me. Today I had a lot of fun constantly attacking the wooden gate of Sargoth, which belonged to the Boltons. As I kept attacking the gate, it didn't count as RDM, but sadly an admin had to ruin the fun by telling me to obey the NLR. In between my breaks I finally managed to break the gate, get into a fight with a group of Boltons, steal money from their chest, jump out a window, kill two coursiers of theirs and die, but my soul was at peace. Also killed a tincan Tismirr who underestimated the awesome power of the Spiked Staff and made 20k.

Osviux said:

I joined the Crossfire server yesterday, but as it was pretty late, I only managed to steal a saddle horse and drown it with me so that the owner couldn't get his horse back or loot me. Today I had a lot of fun constantly attacking the wooden gate of Sargoth, which belonged to the Boltons. As I kept attacking the gate, it didn't count as RDM, but sadly an admin had to ruin the fun by telling me to obey the NLR. In between my breaks I finally managed to break the gate, get into a fight with a group of Boltons, steal money from their chest, jump out a window, kill two coursiers of theirs and die, but my soul was at peace. Also killed a tincan Tismirr who underestimated the awesome power of the Spiked Staff and made 20k.

hahahahahahaha brilliant! we should play together some time.

Osviux said:

You seem like a nice guy, be sure to add me on steam and we can surely have some fun together in PW mod! :grin:

That was some ordinary stuff I used to do when I played as an outlaw, but I tried to involve less killings in the process. I remember when I kidnapped a girl and held her in the dungeons back when RCC was on, and demanded a ransom. I ended up being betrayed by my accoplice.

Edit: Also, I used to play with Osviux as bandits in the earlier versions of PW. All I can remember are those mine ambushes.

The Bowman said:
That was some ordinary stuff I used to do when I played as an outlaw, but I tried to involve less killings in the process. I remember when I kidnapped a girl and held her in the dungeons back when RCC was on, and demanded a ransom. I ended up being betrayed by my accoplice.

Edit: Also, I used to play with Osviux as bandits in the earlier versions of PW. All I can remember are those mine ambushes.

Were you named Bowman the Tractor or something like that? I do remember playing with you, but can't recall anything specific, it was a long time ago. Speaking of girls in PW, I used to stalk one despite the admins ban threats not to. But finally I ended up as her body guard. That girl was part of some mini event and I liked how it played out.

Osviux said:
The Bowman said:

Were you named Bowman the Tractor or something like that? I do remember playing with you, but can't recall anything specific, it was a long time ago. Speaking of girls in PW, I used to stalk one despite the admins ban threats not to. But finally I ended up as her body guard. That girl was part of some mini event and I liked how it played out.

Aww, so you remember me. I was the bandit leader. We had some guys who regularily joined the server (you being one of them). We'd eventually team up in the bandit faction, and then ambush the mines and what-not.

Osviux said:
RP shouldn't be enforced. The only problem I encountered on Oasis was server side lag when 120-200 people were online which made me switch servers.

This is Taleworlds fault more then anything. Its something that happens to every server.

Osviux said:
RP shouldn't be enforced. The only problem I encountered on Oasis was server side lag when 120-200 people were online which made me switch servers.

No server is able to handle that many players with scripts. Without scripts it may be possible.

Although I believe you shouldn't be complaining, a sligh 20 ms ping increase is nothing.

It's a lot more noticeable than just a mere 20ms increase, especially in combat and it's not nothing. I hate getting pulled back or when my opponents go straight through my body, or having to deal with delays in combat.

Osviux said:
It's a lot more noticeable than just a mere 20ms increase, especially in combat and it's not nothing. I hate getting pulled back or when my opponents go straight through my body, or having to deal with delays in combat.

You do live in Lithuania, which also has an effect and the extra increase of response time is mainly due to living so far away.

I'm not playing on NA_Oasis, my ping is always good on any European servers, I doubt that my location is a problem. The only problem is that Oasis servers can't handle that many players, but it still has 200 slots set up. And I get this feeling that people associated with Oasis are being exaggeratedly protective. Anyone feel the same way?

Osviux said:
I'm not playing on NA_Oasis, my ping is always good on any European servers, I doubt that my location is a problem. The only problem is that Oasis servers can't handle that many players, but it still has 200 slots set up. And I get this feeling that people associated with Oasis are being exaggeratedly protective. Anyone feel the same way?
198 slots :smile:

chunky_monkeh said:
Why specifically target my server while this is one of the many "PW is dead" threads.

Because you not only allow but encourage constant bullying to be on your server, recently Morris tried to talk to you to get back on the server and you brought Glopaxi, Gordin, Tavington and pretty much anyone who hates him in the meeting for what reason may i ask? The clans and the server should be separate entities and you shouldn't be giving priorities to certain members of the community or certain clans. When you spoke to Burgh to try and get him to Oasis you offered him more say in the server, honestly it is beyond pathetic. The clans are far too involved in how the server runs, i understand clans having an opinion but you have people making obviously biased decisions with things such as map editing (And no i'm not talking about you Dekkers i have never really had an issue with you) rule changes and complaints. Whenever there is a complaint on someone you don't like you can spam the word "disgusting" as some sort of buzz word and  pretend to be offended, and 9 times out of 10 that works you didn't try to stop that you gave the pathetic charade merit and your fools of admins allowed it to actually sway complaints. On top of this your server is laggier than crossfires, you refuse to upgrade or change your server with the huge amount of donations you got for ruining the servers economy even further than I've seen before.

These are the issues which come to the fact that no-one  roleplays anymore, i'm quite happy to roleplay with my Bracks on crossfire currently, that may change, but we'll always try to roleplay in our own bubble, but when there's highly aggressive people on a server which consistently speak **** and attempt to piss people off it makes it very difficult and that's what your server does.

Overall i'm amazed i am able to say that i hate a server more than i hated nexus, early nexus was good but late nexus was horrible, but currently from my view this server is something akin to a cesspit.

PS. Please no ban, just take my opinion

Back
Top Bottom