PW Role-Players United

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the password will help, people will tell each other the password, without reading the rules. What you need is unbiased and dedicated admins.

I actually suggested something similiar to Splintert as a new rule, and it was added :wink:

Anyway, the question "_____ rule?" or anything similiar would result in the following:

"Go to forums.taleworlds.com and find the PWMOD section. Than go to the topic with rules for this server and read them." Kick

This pretty much forces people to read the rules on the forums, rather than attempt to slowly comprehend over listening to other people. Not only do you tell them HOW to find the rules, but you make sure they know why with the kick.

*Guy got randomly killed*

/rage

"RAWRAR DO YOU KNOW WHAT RANDOMING IS OR WHAT?!>!>"

"Go to forums.taleworlds.com and find the PWMOD section. Than go to the topic with rules for this server and read them. Have a nice day" /Kick

th_fffuuu---.jpg

:wink:

Well, I honestly haven't seen that level of enforcement be used a ton. There are the harsher admins that do it, but some are very lax in enforcement. However, if all admins did that, I think the server would be better off in general.

Also, can there be some rule against spam names? Like... "Derp". There was a faction named 'Derp' on last night. It's just stupid, but maybe it's not rule-worthy for the RCC server.

P.S, If you were wondering, Vincenzo is the one that made the 'Derp' faction :???:

Wait, do you think Karl is an admin? LOL

@Plazek, well if they come back to rage at me, I will really give 'em something to rage over. :wink:
                      -And believe me, it's happened before.

A harsher rule enforcement would be good, I don't want to be to hard but rather then either a kick or warn middle ground is nice. Which is why the kill command seems like a good idea :wink:

As for a rule against spam names, I agree. However I don't think spam names should be a bannable offence, repeated kicks should teach the message eventually :wink:

In my opinion I think that putting a password is great, but not to keep out 'bad RPers.' I think it is more geared twoards allowing only those who really want to play, to play.

In my other opinion, those people that hop in with no particular goal, then mess around because they know nothing about the game, do not deserve to know our password.

We probably should just post the password here on the forums if there is going to be a password. That way, it would be more kind of a dedicated roleplayserver while rcc would be a server for the masses I think.

blitzking said:
We probably should just post the password here on the forums if there is going to be a password. That way, it would be more kind of a dedicated roleplayserver while rcc would be a server for the masses I think.
That's exactly the idea :wink:

However the actual idea is developed further - the password would be posted at the end of a list of rules, like signing saying you have read them. This would justify harsher punishments, keeping order and keeping away rule breakers and those with no care for RP

Good day,

I clearly think, a real "R.P" Server is needed,
when I'm playing on the RCC Server, there is alltime some players who don't know what "R.P" is ( Or just heard it somewhere .. ) and this is over 60% , and all people who posted here will agree. This type of people are alltime doing sh*t .. and will unbelievable break your life in just a second .. if you try to talk to them, they'll don't answer, or maybe by the sword.

That's why a passwored server could stop all non-RolePlayers, but : In this new version, the PW Alpha, the server needs a lot of people connected ( for make turn the economic ).

Whithout Password, you need Admins, but,
_you can't kick off all Non-Role Players
_Admins are humans, so they do a lot of ERROR, and sometimes, the victim is kicked thanks the Malice of the Randomer..
_Admins totally broke off the R.P ( in RCC ) while abusing, just wear a BIG BLACK Armour x_X and surely, ( there is ******** 
  of players, alltime walking with Admins - and it happened to me, this ******** can steal you, if you want your things back,
  he will kill you - and an admin will come for making you calm down ? AHA )

If we want a real R.P server, we need to make a community - a Clan, where all people are thinking same things about "Role Play", so after that, we need to create a Story, and enjoy what will happen In Game.

Battosai ; [size=10pt]BIGTROLL ; Saul ; Satan ; Mister_Bin[/size]

I think there should be a trial run to see if it works. That way we'll know - until then It's all speculation.

Has everyone forgotten Novicuis's server? He put up a passworded rp server, and noone used it...
And this mod makes RP harder than the previous versions, but the number of random people is dying down, so hopefully the RP should go up.
Also we only have a few admins (which is increasing slowly) as we've been having leaks, that is why there are lack of admins.

Also, HitoKiri, read the rules - the admins with ADMIN in their name can use admin cheats, as they are on to admin, nothing else. I have never seen an admin abuse admin since the password changed, though I haven't been on for a week or two.

Also, server seemed fine when I went on last night - plenty of RP.

Also Sabouteur, I tell people to change their names if they are stupid and anti-rp, but I can't tell everyone too, as the name I use is 'Nobody' or when I'm RPing 'Harold' (Or about 20 other names :razz:

Oh, btw, me and S0mebody have put a few hundred euros into make this server, and I've tried along with the other admins to make it as RP as I can.
But I saw this, and I'm seriously considering shutting the server down soon.
It'd both save me and our few donors alot of money, and save me and the other admins alot of stress and allow us to play the game for once.

I thought his server was a no-rules server? õ.o

Also, sad to hear that you might be shutting down, though i don't blame you.

Also, judging by Splinterts relation to RP, i would say that he is trying to make a Deathmatch with Rp possibilities, not the other way around. But that is just the way he wants to play. just because i dislike it doesn't mean it's wrong. And he is the writer of the rules after all.

All i'm saying is that this isn't a "pure" RP server, if that is what you hoped to achieve. But that might also go down to what you regard as Rp. I believe RP means something more than having a dialogue before people start killing eachother.

Eragon91 said:
I thought his server was a no-rules server? õ.o

Also, sad to hear that you might be shutting down, though i don't blame you.

Also, judging by Splinterts relation to RP, i would say that he is trying to make a Deathmatch with Rp possibilities, not the other way around. But that is just the way he wants to play. just because i dislike it doesn't mean it's wrong. And he is the writer of the rules after all.

All i'm saying is that this isn't a "pure" RP server, if that is what you hoped to achieve. But that might also go down to what you regard as Rp. I believe RP means something more than having a dialogue before people start killing eachother.

I said I'm considering shutting it down. Not that I will, that I am considering it.

Also, I aimed for a server that was welcome to RPers, but had the dynamic ability to do nearly all you want, apart from ruin people's games.
I don't and didn't want to make sures to match my style of RP or anything, so I left as much room for others to do any type of RP they want, and the RCC server has shined (somehow) over the other hardcore RP servers. They all went down and RCC stayed up.
I guess people don't even really like the server anymore, and it has been up for nearly a year anyway.

I think that the RPers should go find their own server to do their Cloud-watching on.  RCC is the most popular server, and should cater to the majority audience, which I believe wants to play PW A5 as intended!  It is a more structured fighting based competitive mod now...GET OVER IT.  It is no longer a cute velvet-selling sandbox game, it is a MORE TRUE medieval roleplay.  If you want justice against murderers, you must join a strong faction and organize a posse.  Not WHINE.

I dunno, I am just of the opinion that the hardcore roleplayers are usually the hardcore whiners, or the people who used to complain in 3.5b about TW trying to keep bow wielding bandit looking people off the roofs.  Just idiots who want to play their way, everyone else be damned.  Well guess what?  The mod is made a certain way, with certain rules, and actually I think all people can work within those rules without much server intervention needed.  I think there is a huge difference between the guy running around couch lancing random commoners (should be banned) and an aggressive faction that doesn't play along with your weak ****.

Again, the Medieval Period was not about Roleplay, it was about the acquisition of territory and power by Combat.  Read some history, folks.  Brutal roleplay is more real than fanciful bull****.

Well let me give you an example of my type of roleplay (I'm naturally one of the individuals advocating more rp-centric rules on a more rp-centric server).

A few months back, I played a server on a different game which had the same rules I am advocating here. It was one of those Modern Crime types of things, basically a life sim but grittier. Anyway, I was running an extortion racket (the equivilent of taxing people within a certain area in PW, but more rply done), and one of the other crime organizations in the area decided they took exception and tried to 'muscle in'.

So I took their leader, set him on fire, hung him upside down from a balcony while he was still burning, and had my men beat him with baseball bats like a pinata =p.

Here on PW, its much the same thing. For example, one night I decided I was going to try to become the Duke of the region and create an organized government. To do that, I established my own house (The Smith Dynasty), and recruited a powerful group of mercs. When the Arab factions opted out of the arrangement, and threatened war, I surprised them first by raiding their castle without declaring war. However, I gave the men inside every chance to surrender even as my shield-wall of mercs closed in on them, but they opted out and all died off one by one =p.

The rp doesn't come from opting out of violence. In fact, sometimes violence is inherent in roleplay =p. Its more like the 'way' you commit violence that will make people respect you (not just as an rper, but as a player).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom