PW Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

It says the battle map could be cranked up to 225 km2  .That would be like playing PW in a DAYZ large map. Also they emphasized there would be hundreds of agents on the map that indicating more players cap on a server.

Until Bannerlord is released we won't truely know what can be done with it. With any luck someone will create a PW-like mod for it. Though I must say if it was truely that large of a map + playercount I think you'd have to actually restrict the amount of servers for it.

Ra'Jiska said:
Would be awesome. Servers would need to be well filled in order to meet people on the road.

The point is that you won't have factions 50 meters in front of eachother. Instead, you'd have castles with some little villages attached and actual places for hideouts, forests, real kingdom boundaries and not the cluster we got now.

They said that the team aims to make better graphics and animations without affecting gameplay and performance. It doesn't mean that your 10 year old computer would run Bannerlord just as it did with Warband, but it won't be a radical change. After all, we'll all get the change to play with the "Video options" tab.

Even if you just double the regular PW map size it will be so much better.  Servers could just adjust their map size to fit their player-count. 

I like the idea of just one official server though.  Even better if we can have over 200 players, which it looks like we will be able to.  Then I could imagine having a map around that big, bit smaller though so you actually meet people.  It will be more realistic as well, when some serf in your faction screams he's being robbed at the mines, you won't be able to get to him in under a minute lol.  You will have to ride for a long time.

I've heard Bannerlord will use C# for modding. Is that true?

If so, even tho my programming knowledge is still low, I plan on making a mod, probably not like PW, but similar. More realistic, if possible. The big maps and bigger player counts is perfect for it.

Z0mbiN3 said:
I've heard Bannerlord will use C# for modding. Is that true?

If so, even tho my programming knowledge is still low, I plan on making a mod, probably not like PW, but similar. More realistic, if possible. The big maps and bigger player counts is perfect for it.

Where did you hear that? Personally I'd love it to be C#.
I'd also look into modding it then.

Gishank said:
Until Bannerlord is released we won't truely know what can be done with it. With any luck someone will create a PW-like mod for it. Though I must say if it was truely that large of a map + playercount I think you'd have to actually restrict the amount of servers for it.

I also doubt making people would like it if they'd have to walk for ages aswell. Especially if there's a battle going on and they want to get back there.

UnlivedPro said:
Can't wait for bannerlord, it also looks much easier to edit etc a map on Bannerlord than on Warband.

More than easy, I'd say it's better, more detailed. It has many more options, making it perfect for really detailed maps, but it's also a harder to use/learn. In the end, it's totally worth it. There's also some tools to speed up the mapping proccess on some things, so in that way it's easier, yes.

If it allows me to create the whole Middle-earth as one scene, then...

Back
Top Bottom