PVK II: The ultimate showdown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sex in a bottle.

EDIT: Wow, people sure do ***** a lot about the powder kegs that Pirates get. I've observed a lot, and I've deduced two reasons why none of them have any balls:
1) They always run away in fear when they see a pirate pull out a keg, instead of charging him and killing him before he can even light it.
2) They think that being instakilled is a terrible concept that only ******s would think up.

For these reasons, I kick ass as a pirate. The cutlass is also the fastest melee weapon (not counting the dual-weild but that sucks huge penises) with decent damage. What people don't seem to know how to do is to USE A BIGGER WEAPON, because 90% of the time when I enter battle with a viking/knight with my cutlass drawn, they charge me with their smaller weapon rather than their twohander. You idiots, I can't even reduce any of the damage from a twohander with that cutlass! Just use that!

PVK II is one of my favorite games just because it always gets quite a few laughs out of me when I play it. Honestly, I had a great time just running around with the powder keg yesterday. It doesn't get much better than killing 3+ enemies with it. One of my other favorites is the heavy two-hander for the knight- very powerful and loads of fun as well, but nothing beats the powder keg... nothing.

I used to play the original and this is a definite improvement. I'm looking forward to the completion (or at least exit out of beta stage) of this modification for source :grin:.

Instag0 said:
I used to play the original and this is a definite improvement. I'm looking forward to the completion (or at least exit out of beta stage) of this modification for source :grin:.

I was kinda sad to see that they'd gotten rid of the spear charge/cutlass lunge moves. Sure, they were jerky and dodgy, but still funny. :smile:

The cutlass lunge is the special move and can be only done with the special meter full. Also, it's damn effective in a duel.

Pirates? Vikings?? Knights??? Oh sweet, I gotta go try this out!

If only it had ninjas too, then it would be the ultimate mod.

While obviously being sarcastic to those that know you ... still a thin line to walk.

A small edit, while not needed ... wouldn't hurt.

Wouldn't want new members to see that and get the wrong idea about you, the forums, or the actual value of HL2 (otherwise known as GSY2 [Gabe Screwed You 2]).

Narcissus

I was pretty dissapointed with PVK2.  Instead of fixing the wrong with PVK1 and adding some new features, it was basically just a graphics update (albeit, the graphics are simply amazing, especially for a 3rd party mod).  I know it's just a beta, but still.  I was hoping the game would take a step toward being slighly more realistic (i.e. without everyone running around at 100mph jumping and ducking like idiots in true classic deathmatch style).  The keg, while fun if you're a pirate, is ungodly overpowered.  I don't know how many times I've died, or been taken down to 1/4hp the instant I spawn b/c people think its m@d 1337 or something to toss them into a spawn.  The main problem I guess is that there's only 1 class, so EVERY pirate has a keg.  What is especially annoying is when a pirate will drop one in a hallway and stand back with his pistol ready to blow it, basically permanently blocking the entire hallway (unless you really want to take one for the team).  Or all those pirates who have no sense of self-preservation and use it to suicide bomb...(no joke, I actually saw someone named "SuicideBomber" who did just that every single freaking time). 

A few relatively simple changes could make it great.  Like reducing movement speed so that it is no long on par with unreal tournament and altering the melee system so it doesn't degrade to Oblivion style: parry, attack, parry attack, etc.  I don't know how many times I've seen someone just sit there crouching in a corner blocking and not moving at all until you make the first strike.  And if you're a viking with no ranged attack, or a knight whose crossbow isn't loaded, there's not much you can do but accept that you're going to be hit full force while you're recoiling.  Best part is, I was playing on a server yesterday where someone was just blocking and waiting, so I whipped out my crossbow and blew his face off (gleefully watching as his corpse tumbled off a bridge and splashed into the water below).  Turned out it was the admin who then banned me for "being cheap".  Ok, I'm done venting...

Not to mention the fact that the heavy knight has little chance against a viking wielding his "bearded" axe if the knight has the greatsword. This is mainly due to the fact that berserker takes less time to recoil from hitting a parry and can manage to block before the heavy knight lands a hit. Unfortunately this doesn't work both ways.

DaLagga said:
Best part is, I was playing on a server yesterday where someone was just blocking and waiting, so I whipped out my crossbow and blew his face off (gleefully watching as his corpse tumbled off a bridge and splashed into the water below).  Turned out it was the admin who then banned me for "being cheap".  Ok, I'm done venting...

Report him for abusing. :razz:

DaLagga said:
I was pretty dissapointed with PVK2.  Instead of fixing the wrong with PVK1 and adding some new features, it was basically just a graphics update (albeit, the graphics are simply amazing, especially for a 3rd party mod).  I know it's just a beta, but still.  I was hoping the game would take a step toward being slighly more realistic (i.e. without everyone running around at 100mph jumping and ducking like idiots in true classic deathmatch style).  The keg, while fun if you're a pirate, is ungodly overpowered.  I don't know how many times I've died, or been taken down to 1/4hp the instant I spawn b/c people think its m@d 1337 or something to toss them into a spawn.  The main problem I guess is that there's only 1 class, so EVERY pirate has a keg. 
Alright, so you're asking for realism and asking that a barrel filled with black ****ing powder not kill you when it explodes? Not only that, but the only reason there's only one class is because it's a beta? For Christ's sake, man! Vikings have MAGES!
A few relatively simple changes could make it great.  Like reducing movement speed so that it is no long on par with unreal tournament and altering the melee system so it doesn't degrade to Oblivion style: parry, attack, parry attack, etc.  I don't know how many times I've seen someone just sit there crouching in a corner blocking and not moving at all until you make the first strike
I admit, they could have made the melee system a lot better. It's pretty stupid as of yet. But just as a protip, if they're actually standing (WOW) then slash them in the ankles. It evades any block (especially the shield).
Turned out it was the admin who then banned me for "being cheap".  Ok, I'm done venting...
Sounds like that one time in Rainbow Six where the host whored the riot shield, which protects against all bullets unless you shoot them point blank with a shotgun in the glass (machineguns help too but not as much), but they move really ****ing slow. The idea is that they are very, very prone to an easily throwable frag or incendiary. Of course, the host, being a little *****, turned both of these off. He owned everyone the first round. I looked at the equipment list, and it just so happened he had forgotten to turn off C4 packs! I grabbed them greedily, and the next round, I waited at the same door he came at last time, with the small little yellow box sitting right there on the ground. Sure enough, the idiot walks right in with the shield raised, crouching so that only his forearm holding his Glock is exposed. Giggling like a schoolgirl, I jammed the detonator and he flapped up like a fish, then crumbled in a heap. Next round, I was banned. For killing him.
EDIT: I guess getting all heavy armor and then walking right up in his face and sticking my shotgun in his mouth would've worked too, since, you know, 9mm doesn't do much against Class IV Kevlar. But the C4 is cool too.

Back
Top Bottom