Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
Can somebody make wolves, bears, and lions rigged to the horse skeleton? I would also appreciate if it's already textured. This is not a joke.

If its not a joke, well than there are are already some wolves in the old TLD mod. You could ask permission to use theirs.

Moronic said:
Can somebody make wolves, bears, and lions rigged to the horse skeleton? I would also appreciate if it's already textured. This is not a joke.

If its not a joke, well than there are are already some wolves in the old TLD mod. You could ask permission to use theirs.

Aren't those the freaky dogs wolves from the LOTR? Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Moronic said:

Aren't those the freaky dogs wolves from the LOTR? Ok, I'll give it a shot.

In the old version of the TLD they don't look freaky, they just look like wolves.

Is there someone who can make a tricorne and bicorne hat like these?
http://www.direct.ca/bigpetes/fife_and_drum_64th_redcoat.jpg
http://www.molli.org.uk/object_images/7_1965_15.jpg
My thanks,
JDeNef13

I don't remember who, but someone asked me to make Nightmare's Soul Edge from the game Soul Caliber III.
I thought the person might also be seeking here.
So I thought posting my progress thus far would be a good idea.
As of right now the handle's too wide for the players hand, but other than that, it's not bad. Only 330 tris too.
souledge2.JPG
mb5.jpg
All i need to do is add some finishing touches and a texture to (hopefully) make it look like the true model.
SoulEdge.jpg

hi, i tried to no avail. i guess i simple lack the skills. but could someone convert this model(the soldier's body, not the horse) into the game for me?

http://files.filefront.com/eknight+objzip/;12146828;/fileinfo.html

zjcl6o.jpg

thank you.

johncage said:
hi, i tried to no avail. i guess i simple lack the skills. but could someone convert this model(the soldier's body, not the horse) into the game for me?

zjcl6o.jpg

thank you.
It's waaay too high poly, I made the helmet completely seperate from everything else and it alone is 13k polys.

Check your PMs anyways.

SupaNinjaMan said:
johncage said:

zjcl6o.jpg

thank you.
It's waaay too high poly, I made the helmet completely seperate from everything else and it alone is 13k polys.

Check your PMs anyways.

maybe reduce the polygon count with one of the modeling programs. i actually imported into the game once along with the textures. i resized the helmet, reduced some details and converted the textures into dds format and it worked in the game.

my main issue is with the surcoat and legs. if only they can be 1 entity.

I am looking for a camel for an african nation in my mod, i have tried to make one myself but it is a mayor suck, so thougd that somebody here could help me out :smile:

please help me here  :smile:

johncage said:
SupaNinjaMan said:
johncage said:

zjcl6o.jpg

thank you.

Check your PMs anyways.

maybe reduce the polygon count with one of the modeling programs. i actually imported into the game once along with the textures. i resized the helmet, reduced some details and converted the textures into dds format and it worked in the game.

my main issue is with the surcoat and legs. if only they can be 1 entity.

is there any modeling program that can reduce polygons automatically? if there is where could i get it, i have been looking for something like that.

Halcyon said:
is there any modeling program that can reduce polygons automatically? if there is where could i get it, i have been looking for something like that.

Blender has a 'decimate' modifier... Though depending on how your mesh was constructed it may not yield good results, you probably will still have to tweak the mesh some more. It's more useful as a modifier to create LOD models.

Is it possible to make flaming arrows in another way then the mod that allready out? I mean just for looks. I was thinking about adding the fire + smoke effect from the little hanging lights in taverns to the tip of the arrow. We can add then to the models suplied by the flying missile replacer mod and BAM! One realistic looking flaming arrows! (BTW only arrows, not bolts). I have absolutely NO knowledge on modding this game... I know how i can do it for a SW BF2 mod but no this game :sad:

amade said:
Halcyon said:

Blender has a 'decimate' modifier... Though depending on how your mesh was constructed it may not yield good results, you probably will still have to tweak the mesh some more. It's more useful as a modifier to create LOD models.

Right but how well do LODs work if its a common item, i/e being used constantly. As far as i have seen it still slows down gameplay. Say its for a very high poly sword.

Halcyon said:
amade said:
Halcyon said:

Right but how well do LODs work if its a common item, i/e being used constantly. As far as i have seen it still slows down gameplay. Say its for a very high poly sword.

I've no idea to be honest... I reckon that it would still be a large improvement, even if your gameplay is slowed down I suppose it won't be as bad as having no LODs at all. With an average PC it's hard for me to quantify the results.

Cruger said:
I am looking for a camel for an african nation in my mod, i have tried to make one myself but it is a mayor suck, so thougd that somebody here could help me out :smile:

please help me here  :smile:

I believe Xendor made the basic thing, but he needs a rigger to make it work.

Could some one change the Viking helmet valsgarde it same whit mamluk_helm
That exist in some mods make it look a bit more natural the Chain mail is to short and to round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom