Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
SD will release it when he is satisfied with it, and he is very picky about quality, which is a very good thing.

And that is very good news!!...not that we hadn't noticed it before.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
SD will release it when he is satisfied with it, and he is very picky about quality, which is a very good thing.

On the plus side, such a policy puts you in the illustrious company of outfits like Valve and Blizzard.

And there is a silver lining in the fact that people are excited enough about your work to pester you about it. :razz:

Absolutely - we are all flattered that so many are waiting for the next phase.  It is just taking a fair bit of time to do what we want, as so much of it is rather ground-breaking and requires a lot of coding and scripting.

Just a quick note - I have been returning to this forum every other week or so, always looking for news on PoP 3.x. Glad to see it is in the making - and I will patiently cheer the team on while squatting unmoving...and calm....so verrry calm....on a hotplate. For however many weeks to come.

so anyways Muffins totaly sux. Unfinished beta game relased as an version 1.01
Wasted money on something that isnt finished :razz:. Guess i learned my lession, never wish for earlier relase date xD

I hope when you guys run into a snag, you end up saying "****, we can do this in 2 lines of code in Warband!", then proceed to port things over faster than realtime.  :grin:

Please are you kidding me? SD isn't that kind and gracious to his coders, he will intentionally make stuff that require a complete overhaul....

Cyrilix said:
I hope when you guys run into a snag, you end up saying "****, we can do this in 2 lines of code in Warband!", then proceed to port things over faster than realtime.  :grin:

Me too! I'll be in here every other day to see if will come for Warband.

Pleeeaaaaseee  :grin:

will version 3.0 fix the issue with the game displaying wrong number of troops in a battle?
i didn't think that was a big issue at first, until i started getting into bigger battles, in which it becomes a huge deal (the kind that gets you and your entire army killed,)

Yes. That's fixed for 3.0.

To alleviate this Native problem in PoP 2.5 (or other mods that have many different troops), try using fewer troop types in your party.

That is why it isn't finished yet.  And why, when the work is done, we have to run a number of internal Dev Team bug tests before cutting it loose.  Better to find and fix as many problems as possible prior to a release, rather than releasing a buggy version that needs lots of patches.  Also, there is Native to contend with, and it always has surprises in the bug department waiting for those who alter it.

I see that you decided to raid TES IV Oblivion for resources (that female armor pic), thats good as Oblivion have some pretty nifty stuff. I think you should try to rip whole models, its pretty easy and only thing that need work is rigging them so they will work in M&B. Im already doing something similar in modding MTW2 and its not that hard, whats more: using 3D Max you can reduce polycout to sensible number without loosing quality. I can offer advice if you want on how to this stuff if you want. Also merging Oblivion models with each other can give very good resoults such as this:

legionsteel.jpg

And if you work it in you can get something like this:

minasithilguard5.jpg

kingdoms201004021448252.jpg

kingdoms201004021444492.jpg

I only showing the principle and that something like this is perfectly possible.

On another thing: I like the achivments, but do they do something? Some stat bonuses and such?

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: Get this into PoP 3 and I can die from happines  :mrgreen:

yuit.jpg

I created this because I wanted cool portrait for my Baldur's Gate character :wink:. Everything is from Oblivion except for pauldrons (NWN2).

Since we are at it; could you use hair models from Oblivion?

We didn't take ANY armor from Oblivion, nor can we.  All PoP Armor is original and copyright free or from the OSP on TW.  In V2.0X there are armors from the OSP, but in PoP 3, everything has been checked and double-checked to make sure it is copyright free and a great deal of it has been made from scratch by Archangel2K.

So, no models from Oblivion then, thats shame since they would do you a lot of good.

BTW: OSP uses MTW2 textures anyway (at the stuff i saw in PoP 2) an this armor:

female_plate_01.jpg

Uses Oblivion Steel Cuirass texture for sure:

steelcuirass.jpg

Its not that I have something against it, I say: "Go for it!" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom