Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

MadVader said:
Those mysterious other modders are free to ask Saxondragon and try to revive the project under his leadership.

Is he still around? Just curious.

Belendor said:
MadVader said:
Those mysterious other modders are free to ask Saxondragon and try to revive the project under his leadership.

Is he still around? Just curious.

He comes and tucks us in at night, and whispers sweet nothings into our ears, then he goes back to the weird dimension of real life, few know what he does there...few.

MadVader said:

I have a willingness to learn and when Bannerlord comes out I'm gonna want to port this mod to the game. I don't know how that's going to happen though, as the module system will not be supported in Bannerlord, but it will be easier to mod apparently.

Suriza said:
MadVader said:

I have a willingness to learn and when Bannerlord comes out I'm gonna want to port this mod to the game. I don't know how that's going to happen though, as the module system will not be supported in Bannerlord, but it will be easier to mod apparently.
I tried to port this mod to WFaS, lotta bugs.

Suriza said:
MadVader said:

Have you ported mods to Bannerlord before? :smile:
A Bannerlord port would require a code rewrite, not something you'd wish on your worst enemy.
Enthusiasm is appreciated, but do you have any programming skills?

Carlos Danger said:
U wot m8? First, you would need permission to publish any possible port and you need the (unavailable) source code. Second, there's no point in porting Warband mods to WFaS.

MadVader said:
Suriza said:
MadVader said:

A Bannerlord port would require a code rewrite, not something you'd wish on your worst enemy.

Like Java and Python? I can learn fast.

Suriza said:
MadVader said:
Suriza said:
MadVader said:

Like Java and Python? I can learn fast.
That's fine, but having experience with the Warband module system is highly recommended. It will be obsoleted by Bannerlord, but many crucial concepts like agents and missions will stay the same.
I'm undecided whether I should try to port PoP to Bannerlord when it comes out, or strike on my own, because I love this mod and would be sad to see it consigned to history. If I won't be there, than a port attempt is practically open to whoever wishes to do it.

MadVader said:
Carlos Danger said:
U wot m8? First, you would need permission to publish any possible port and you need the (unavailable) source code. Second, there's no point in porting Warband mods to WFaS.

Wasn't gonna publish it, I just tried to get it too work on WFaS because I was bored. As I said, it had a lotta bugs, never even worked on startup.

Carlos Danger said:
Wasn't gonna publish it, I just tried to get it too work on WFaS because I was bored. As I said, it had a lotta bugs, never even worked on startup.
If it can't even handle its own code properly, how can it possibly handle much more anyway?

Dusk Voyager said:
Carlos Danger said:
If it can't even handle its own code properly, how can it possibly handle much more anyway?

Magic!

Back
Top Bottom