Prophecy of Pendor 2.04 with Extended troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Buhadog

Regular
Here is an link to my modification: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,71705.0.html
Hope you like it:  :mrgreen:

I am not sure if this is proper.

I also think you should have taken permission and clarification from SD before modifying his product and publishing so.

I also do not understand why you have done this.

And you should have posted it here instead of Pioneer's Guild.

~Ãbyss

That file better gets deleted from the repositery, and it better did fast. Without permission and publishing officially it´s a whole new level of pirating.

What you should do is ask SD to possibly publish your tweak here after he checked it out. Otherwise this cries both for a delete and a permanent ban.

I certainly think that the "Note, that this modification has not been made by the creators of Prophecy of Pendor." statement should be modified to give more thanks to the PoP dev team, and I also think that you should have sought the team's permission before publishing this if you did not. Hardly a whole new level of piracy, though.

For me, it is.
For you, it isn´t.

And I reckon if I tried I could give you a few sound reasons why you´re wrong but there´s a heap of people out there in the Development crew who spent pretty much of their spare time and devoted themselves to this project and a couple of them will get really picky about this. If you care to check the other thread of him you´d see how bold his behaviour is.

It´s awesome if you want to participate but his actual action and proceeding to publishing a nice tweak was a bit, shall we call it, shortsighted and overly fast?

Now, just be glad I´m in no bad mood today.

Buhadog, you probably intended well and made this with full enthuciasm after playing Prophecy of Pendor. However, there's common rules on releasing own content, based on excisting material. Some are written in stone, others are more so 'codes of honour'. Exceptions are there when a readme file states you may release modifications without asking for permission. While creating modifications is never illegal, spreading it often is.

I'll have to support noosers all the way on this one,I'll actually encourage you to noosers the guy.

This,is just,plain wrong.

Without any credit to the original makers,you take the product,you tweak it,and you present it under your banner,without even the original makers noticing it.
Yes sir,this IS piracy.

~Ãbyss

I think we all agree that it is not proper conduct to post a tweak/modification or any other kind of material copyright can be applied to without the creators prior consent. However I think there is a difference between violating this code of conduct and piracy. If Buhadog where a pirate he'd be a damn bad one for posting his pirated modification on this board. Consequently I guess he (or she) just didn't know the proper way to integrate his tweak/mini-mod into PoP (by asking and receiving a positive answer). The way I see it lack of knowledge does not equal negative or even criminal intent (like piracy). So yes, Buhadog made a mistake, but as far as I can see he made it with good intentions.

If you all want to know, I asked saxondragon for permision before posting this mod online. And he allowed. (you can ask him if you want)
I'm sorry if I made anyone thinking that this is piracy.
And I axidently forgot to put the thanks to the forum site.  :oops:
I'm sorry for that.

Hello all,

Sorry for my delay in jumping in..I was afk for the day.. (happens upon rare occasion).  :grin:

Buhadog and I discussed this at length in a series of PM's and as long as he stated that this was something not official, not put out by our development team, then he had my blessing to share his vision and work on an alternative troop offering.

We discussed how this would likely be only usable for the PoP 2.x versions, as in 3.X troops and how they upgrade will be very very different as discussed in other threads.

Thank you everyone for your support and watching out for the POP Development Teams IP.  Much appreciated. 

Best regards,

Saxondragon

I tried you addon. But the only option for farmer upgrade is Pendor Recruit. I didn't find any other upgrade tree.  Same case for refugee, town militia, i think.

riverless said:
I tried you addon. But the only option for farmer upgrade is Pendor Recruit. I didn't find any other upgrade tree.  Same case for refugee, town militia, i think.

Sorry for that.  :oops: I have some troubles with uploading the new version, but it should work proppely untill tomorow.

Whitestrake said:
I bet all you people that Flamed Buhadog must feel pretty stupid right now? :lol:

Yep.

And even if he posted it without permission, it wouldn't be as big of a deal as you guys are making it. First of all, he had permission, and secondly, even if he didn't, he could easily get it after releasing it, even though it's rude to ask after the fact. But that's not worthy of banning by itself. Even then, it's no big deal. And if he was a total ass about it, it isn't a big deal.

If you honestly think someone did something  worthy of banning, report it.  Otherwise, don't worry about it. And remember, unwarranted hostility like this just makes you look like an ass.

lol @ the people flaming him. all he did was add some troops, jaysus. I'd probably use this but I don't really use merc troops and I've already edited most of the Pendor line to my personal needs.

Well, well. The topic of the other thread implied something else.

And no, I don´t feel anything bad about flaming him or anyone else if he´d post the same. And if you´re too keen with the "post" button, there´s always the "edit" one as well.

I see nothing wrong with it, but calling it 2.04 was a bit off. Now that the official 2.04 patch is out it may confuse a few people.

Back
Top Bottom