LSP Kit Combat Project Age of Machinery [Released!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Is the artillery tied to the engineer troops, or is the party flagged as having the artillery when you purchase it? Could you also list which files contain the AoM scripts?

*EDIT*

Disregard the first question.

The Archduke of Hell said:
Is the artillery tied to the engineer troops, or is the party flagged as having the artillery when you purchase it? Could you also list which files contain the AoM scripts?

*EDIT*

Disregard the first question.

module_constants
module_items
module_triggers
module_troops
module_party_templates
module_scripts
module_mission_templates
module_presentations
module_scene_props
module_scenes
module_game_menus
module_meshes
module_sounds
module_particle_systems

Thats all I think.

Did you properly comment your edited parsts? Because then it would be no problem to search all the files for your edits and just "isolate" them for integration in other mods.
Anyway, good work, though I still need to find a reason to use this  :razz:

Lor Dric said:
Added to Empire III, I got several unused local variable warnings is that typical?

They have in build that I released too but they aren't causing any problems. Actually, if I fix them, bugs are showing theyself, like a catapult in battle even you didnt buy.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Is this with or without the "Form Ranks Kit". If it is without, are you planning a "Project Form Ranks" for the future?

No, its not with form ranks kit and what is the different from motomaru's scripts?

Some more questions

1. Where and how would I adjust trajectory, fire speed and spawn location of the projectile?
2. How would I add particle effects and sound when the artillery fires?
3. How are artillery pieces assigned to NPC parties?

*EDIT 2*

I have installed most if not all of the scripts, however artillery is not appearing on the battle map.

The projectiles now seem to travel through the air excessively slowly and lag.

The Archduke of Hell said:
Some more questions

1. Where and how would I adjust trajectory, fire speed and spawn location of the projectile?
2. How would I add particle effects and sound when the artillery fires?
3. How are artillery pieces assigned to NPC parties?

*EDIT 2*

I have installed most if not all of the scripts, however artillery is not appearing on the battle map.

The projectiles now seem to travel through the air excessively slowly and lag.

1. I don't know
2. check artillery_fire_a script.
3. In field artillery spawn a script;

Code:
(try_begin),
	  (eq,":pout2_party","$g_ally_party"),
	  (assign,":other_cannons_team",":players_team"),
	  (assign,":other_cannons_entry",pos3),
	(else_try),
	  (store_sub,":other_cannons_team",1,":players_team"),
	  (assign,":other_cannons_entry",pos1),
	(try_end),
        (try_for_range,":engineer","trp_foot_gunner","trp_new_array_a"),
	(party_count_members_of_type,":number",":pout2_party",":engineer"),
        (val_div,":number",2),
	(assign,":cannon",-1),
	(try_begin),
	  (eq,":engineer","trp_swadian_engineer"),
	    (assign,":cannon","spr_art_trebuchet"),
	(else_try),
	  (eq,":engineer","trp_vaegir_engineer"),
	    (assign,":cannon","spr_art_mangonel"),
	(else_try),
	  (eq,":engineer","trp_rhodok_engineer"),
	  (assign,":cannon","spr_art_mangonel"),
	(else_try),
	  (eq,":engineer","trp_mercenary_engineer"),
	  (assign,":cannon","spr_art_onager"),
	(try_end),
	(assign,":num_cannons2",":number"),

Lor Dric said:
Tutorial soon I hope, I need to add this to over 100 scenes  :shock:
  :smile:

Cz_Dudes said:
Nice work you've done there!  :wink:

Thanks.  :grin:

Tutorial to how to add this to sieges;

First, we'll want to take a look these in module_scripts;

Code:
(party_set_slot,"p_castle_36",slot_castle_num_att_art,3),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_36",slot_castle_num_def_art,3),

What are they ? They are a slot that set to castle_36. slot_castle_num_att_art means how much arty attacker can appoint it. Its variable to castle by castle. If your castle is huge, then you can set this to 5 or 8. But I recommend set them to 3 or 2 in Warband's circumstances. slot_castle_num_def_art means how much arty the defender can appoint it.

Now, lets copy these and change like that;

Code:
(party_set_slot,"p_castle_40",slot_castle_num_att_art,2),
      (party_set_slot,"p_castle_40",slot_castle_num_def_art,1),

So, the attacker can appoint 2 arties but defender can only 1 appointment.

Now, I'm assuming you have set these slots as i said above. Lets get to the hard part!

Build the source and enter the game with an opened edit mode. Open the castle_40 scene. I mean the Uhhun Castle exterior.  :smile:

What do you see ? A beautiful look ?

v5nPq4.jpg

Forget that. Now. Remember the slots that you have set. 2 to attacker, 1 to defender. So, open the edit mode and find art_start_pos_team0 and art_start_pos_team1. team0 is for defender and the other is for attackers. Okay, I add team0 to there;

z5rjv9.jpg

and team1 to behind of attacker's spawn point;

z5rM8O.jpg

We haven't done yet. Find random_prop00 in edit mode, there are 60 random props to place it. But be careful, there cannot be 2 random prop with same id in scene. Okay, starting from random_prop00, add them to castles walls. Mostly to attacking point, to the point that attacker and defender meets, to the front walls or what are you calling it. If you didn't understand, find these random props in Ismirala castle (they are invisible by the way). Look at their places, then you'll understand what I said. After placing those 60 random prop, siege the Uhhun with two arties and Voila!!!

builder of the gods said:
Hypercharge maybe sounds dumb but can't you give the walls a hp level the same way as with doors?
And then just change the animation

Door's are damageable by player. So, if I do give walls a hp level the same way with doors, then player can damage the wall if he/she hits. Also, We can't use ti_on_scene_prop_hit because It's only possible if the projectile is missile. But in this code, projectile is a scene prop. If I find how the scene prop part of the code works, then I can find a way to change it to missile.

You could add a invisible wall against the real wall for player hits
And let it disappear with destruction of wall
Cant you edit the ti_on scene prop hit? Maybe that wse 1.168 guy could help with that

Back
Top Bottom