Progress/Development for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cèsar de Quart said:
I'm working on an Italian "noble" tower. Screenshots soon enough.

Great :smile:

Sayd, until the 10th century, Andalusian towers and fortifications in general were made in big stones. For example, the alcazaba of Merida (9th century):
yacim_6147-AlcazabaArabe2.jpg
In the 10th century, by the time of the Umayyad caliphate appeared fortifications built in a specifically Moorish concrete named tabiyya in Arabic, tapial in Spanish, reinforced will some bricks and stones in some parts and often covered by a white adobe, although some fortresses were still built in stones (Gormaz for example). The castle of Baños de la Encina is a good example of that:
9095274.jpg
Tapial became the most common material in the second part of the 10th century, and most of 11th century fortifications were built with it. For example this watch tower of the region of Valencia:
7353646.jpg
During the Almoravid and Almohad reigns, it continued to be predominant, although bricks took a larger place. Here the late 12th century Alcazar of Jérez de la Frontera:
Alc%C3%A1zar_de_J%C3%A9rez.JPG
etc.

Just to show that we can't say "Moorish towers were made tn bricks and covered by "terracota". The history of architecture is more complicated :wink:

My friend Al_Mansur .
Go to GoogleEarth and search for Thessalonike with your 3d button pressed.
We (CBUR/TGC moding fellowship) are going to have a small 3d model of it soon.
We can sent it to you to reconstarct the city that was the 2nd in size and value of Byzantine Empire. :smile:

I'm not sure if that's gonna work, Tony - settlements in M&B need to be made with the map editor made for this game (is it still Thorgrim's map editor or is there a new one?), I think, so importing 3D models of settlements probably wouldn't work. Furthermore, the scenes would require mostly Native resources, I guess, as to not burden the mod with too much individual buildings (of course, making common buildings for different cultures is a different thing - f.e. making some Byzantine house that could be used for settlements all over the Balkans would be great). But as research/reference, it would be more than helpful.

Wait to see Burny's strat_mao model of Thessalonike to understand what i am talking about. :wink:
I will post here the same reference pictures that we use in TGC for the cities of ours!
Afcourse the cities in Warband require entirely diferend modeling than M2TW but a 3d model of a city can help the
creators here to make their own version! :cool:

Man they work on mod dont worry, but you have to understand they have lifes too... Korinov and Cesar are pimps in real life so they have little time for mod.

Serbian said:
Man they work on mod dont worry, but you have to understand they have lifes too... Korinov and Cesar are pimps in real life so they have little time for mod.

true, i saw them pimpin' some  h o e s  the other day, they said work is piling up  :wink:

Executor-64- said:
Serbian said:

true, i saw them pimpin' some  h o e s  the other day, they said work is piling up  :wink:
Were all da trics at? IM RICK JAMES *****! NOW GO **** YO COUCH!

Off topic stuff goes to Maremagnum, not here. That Korinov and I are busy jumping from bed to bed has nothing to do with the development of the mod. - Cèsar de Quart

Revelator14 said:
I just saw an update for the game on MOD DB from sept. 3rd. Is this forum dead? I really hope this MOD is still getting made.
Dead? Are you being serious?
The new update was released just 10 days ago, and you ask if it's dead!  :shock:
There are posts made the day when you posted this, and you ask if it's dead!

You're right, I have this specific forum saved in my browser and nobody had posted on it for a while, which is why I was concerned.  After I posted that I saw that Cruger had given the game over to someone else to be in charge of, which is good news, I guess.  I'm just looking forward to this mod more than any other game I can think of, so I'm happy it's still being made.

No, I'm not the most internet savvy but thanks for not calling me a Moron, stuff like that reminds me why I stay off in the first place.

Most awesome mod ever!

I was wondering if you will bring back the recruiting of new Lords instead of having to run around building faction up with existing Lords and having to turn them to the dark side (your cause).

Also, where do all the lords of a defeated faction go?  I can't seem to find any of them.

One thing I dislike about Warband is the faction relations between the ruler and lords.  If you are a ruler, you always get reduction in faction when giving some castle, town, or village to another Lord. 

What I would like to see is a new faction relations add on.  Something where the Lords are trying to build faction with you the ruler, and they are vying for attention.  They may put in requests for newly conquered lands, and could even have a vote option to see who should get the new lands.  Faction shouldn't be a blanket reduction when you assign lands to a single Lord.  For instance when a Lord votes for another Lord to receive lands, they shouldn't have their faction towards you reduced, in fact, they might have it raise a little because you listened to them.

There seem to be many things that could be added to this type of system.  If you guys who mod think this is possible, I'll work on building a prototype for it.

X~

The old lord recruitment system from M&B isn't coming back. It was implemented then because M&B didn't allow you to recruit any nobles to join your cause, but in Warband you can call your friends from other factions to join you, and even giving land to some of your companions and turn them into vassals; so the 'old recruitment' of weird-named nobles who appeared out of the blue to join your faction isn't neccesary.

About the way the AI handles those things... I think it's well enough. Managing a feudal kingdom should be no easy task, bear in mind that lords are just great landowners who will put their faction's interest before their own interests only when they have something to gain. When a lord answers your call to launch a campaign, he's not doing it out of altruism: he wants something in exchange... if you don't manage to conquer a settlement, then no problem. But if you do, he'll want it. And if you give it to anyone else, he won't like it.

The feasts are your main tool for reinforcing bonds with your vassal lords, since they feel appreciated and respected when you invite them to your fortress and offer them fine food and drinks as a present.

In a few words, your vassal lords behave like children, and your job is to keep them happy enough so they'll keep thinking the oath of vassalage they've sworn to you is actually worth the trouble and the responsabilities. It's expected to work that way.

Bear in mind that creating your own faction is supposed to be a high-end feature (that's where features like Right to Rule show their importance). If you try to create your own kingdom at level 15, then better be prepared to face the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom