Progress/Development for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pan-boroda said:
and what we have in Game 2 of the Holy Roman Empire will be? Dear developers, tell me when will be added to the mod Russian principalities? if they are, of course

When we are done with Poland, Lithuania, the Balkans, and possibily the Anatolia and the Holy Land.

Executor-64- said:
Could the warrior be just a little more badass?
He very well could. But this was the exact thing I didn't want to do. It's XIII century, not VI. He is rough and tough, but he is a soldier, not a savage.

Sidus Preclarum said:
Is that round shield held with enarmes? Cause, if it's not, isn't it held a bit high?
I had in mind this way of holding, if it's inaccurate I would like you to show the correct way.
john-white-pictish-man-holding-a-shield.jpg

Also I'd like somebody to make screenies of existant army encounter pictures or find them in game files, both factions and bandits. There are almost none on the web and me olde computer would make this process a bit too tedious. Please PM me images, they would really come handy.

Edit: Nevermind pictures, problem operatively solved.

Cruger said:
I really don't get why you are playing M&B when there is a ton of fine fantasy games with badass warriors out there..
Nah, I hate fantasy games... With all the magic, and idiotic storyline that I never remember, and the names I can't even pronounce (like Oganef  :???:) and those hot chicks in tight bikinis that are "badass"... Don't get me started on the "he was once a great hero and now he is the source of evil" story that was taken from diablo and starcraft and is still used in every stinkin' mmo/stretegy/fantasy game, starting with warcraft 3 and onward... See? You got me started  :razz:

Seriously, ths guy looks way more badass than the DII barbarian.
Maybe because the DII barbarian looks utterly ridiculous.
yeah... you got me on that one. Barbarian looks like he was on steroids all his life or something
He very well could. But this was the exact thing I didn't want to do. It's XIII century, not VI. He is rough and tough, but he is a soldier, not a savage.

I may have used the wrong word, curse you English  :???:!
No I didn't mean badass, I ment *pose* he was making...
Again I like your drawing man It's in mount&blade style and yet with europe 1200 warriors. I actualy like the stance on this one, but will you give higher tier troops better stance in the pictures... Like this

http://www.mycity-military.com/slika.php?slika=113399_72667116_Srpska%20pesadija%20sred.%20XIV.JPG
---the first one from the left

http://www.mycity-military.com/slika.php?slika=113399_53710537_Italijani%20rani%20XIV-manja.JPG
--- the one in the middle

http://www.mycity-military.com/slika.php?slika=113399_56151901_Srpski%20vitez%20i%20auxiliary.JPG --- all three

http://www.mycity-military.com/slika.php?slika=63250_154514986_116cq.jpg --- all three

Damn what's the word... :mad:
Pose! I was reffering to the pose in the pics

also it would be nice to have a pose similar to the knight from my avatar

Cèsar de Quart said:
The images are quite decieving, since none of those people, except maybe the Byzantines, belong to the mod's timeframe.
All are from Osprey Men-at-arms books, as you probably already know...
I have versions of all of their books.
They are OK, but some info and images are a bit outdated.

For instance, they say that 14th century Balkans lands mostly had wooden castles.
If that is true, then how do we have so many stone castles still standing today?  :razz:

Because stone don't rotten..

Executor-64- said:

The pose is fine as it is, end of discussion..

Executor-64- said:
Damn what's the word... :mad:
Pose! I was reffering to the pose in the pics

I understand what you want. It's just half of these don't show the fact that these people are gonna poke you with pointy sticks. Some are too relaxed, some are too fancy (which in itself isn't bad, I'll definitely make knights stand more proud than some swordsman). There will be occasional guy who will pose so the picture wouldn't be monotonous, but that's it.  Just check Native's pictures, that's pretty much what I'm going for.

Cruger said:
Because stone don't rotten..
But it says that most castles were wodden. And there is a ****load of stone castles on Balkans...

Also, is ''stone don't rotten'' correctly put sentence?  :mrgreen:  :wink:

DrevniDabar said:
For instance, they say that 14th century Balkans lands mostly had wooden castles.
Wow, really?! :shock: Oh, man, you see, that's why I would never really trust a Western historian trying to speak about Eastern European history. :lol:

DrevniDabar said:
Also, is ''stone don't rotten'' correctly put sentence?  :mrgreen:  :wink:
Nope, "stone doesn't rot" would be the correct form, if we're going to be nitpicky.

And, btw, Mykami - awesome work! I really, really like it!

Mykami said:
U obliviously donut now inkleash.
You, kind sir, should stick to your fantastic drawings, because your writing is appallingly atrocious, erroneous and erratic.*

*Yes, it's Google translate, not me.  :mrgreen:
NikeBG said:
DrevniDabar said:
Wow, really?! :shock: Oh, man, you see, that's why I would never really trust a Western historian trying to speak about Eastern European history. :lol:
Well, their info on that matter seems to have its roots from a document, which some French chronicler/adventurer (whos name I forgot) has written for a Pope (either Clement or Innocent), in the mid 14th century.
Now, he says of Balkans (he travelled over Serbia, Bulgaria, and RE, to get to Constantinople) that it is a land where people are not good, where castles are simple wooden ramparts, where nobility doesn't look much different than peasants, and that, worst of all, people there are Orthodox Christians.
But, for land itself, he says that it is beautiful and fertile, full of pretty forests, great rivers full of fish, then the endless pastures and so on, and so on...
Now, I deciphered a true meaning of that letter:  :wink:
The land is beutiful, but the people there do not deserve that beauty. They should be conquered...  :mrgreen:

Well, that French adventurer got some great ideas :wink:

Anyways, Mykami finished yet another great drawing, this time of a Welsh longbowman.

2%2B%2B%2B%2B.png

Ah, a bare foot! Great job!
When I was but a young squire, a read about archers with only one boot, they say that it was for balance purposes,
though I never knew how exactly it affects balance...

DrevniDabar said:
When I was but a young squire, a read about archers with only one boot, they say that it was for balance purposes,
though I never knew how exactly it affects balance...

I read it was specifically Welsh archers using only one shoe. As you probably know Gaelics didn't encounter their enemies in direct battles (as they do in M&B), but used skirmish tactics. By using only one shoe the archers could stand better on hills, which they used for all their ambushes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom