Progress/Development for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrevniDabar said:
1 on 1 duel with spear throwing
Heh... I meant to say 1 on 1 duel with javelin throwing.
Unfortunately, because of the (d)evolution of our language, we now have the 1 same word for spear, pike, lance and javelin...  :sad:
Executor-64- said:
I think that would be a good substitute tournament for the factions without cruger's new lordly tournaments... I guess it's up to him
It would be good, but currently, there are more importaint matters than tournaments, that need to be done.
Maybe that it is even better for us, because we can win the foreign tournaments, and steal their glory.  :mrgreen:

:twisted: like the way you think :twisted:
still it's aminor thing, I guess they could generate such a thing in a matter of hours... But like you said, there's more important stuff ahead  :???:

Not really, making the tournament system was the hardest and most time consuming thing I've made for this mod to date. I doubt making big multigames including duels, javelin throwing, wrestling, races and bow competitions would take shorter time. If anything it would take 5 times as long.

I figured you could take the default settings for the training field (or a normal tournament) and change it a little
(like in the training field archer practice enter the system commands: change bow and arrow to javelin and put a "number cap" that a player must overstep in order to win - the numbers of course represent points earned on  the target=damage dealt to the hay bull'seye... just enter an undefinitioned variable on that "number cap" so that it's randomly picked from, oh I don't know 8-18 points(or something reasonible) so that you get the feeling that the other guys are competing with you... And then change hud screen to show your number of points and the "number cap" points, something like:

you have gained 7 points
more than half of the contestors scored --"number cap"--

Then a couple of more times like that until the finale and there you go...

1. javelin compericions - done
2. archery cometicion- same as javelin only arrows
3. duel - easy as cake
4. wrestling - let's not get fancy on this one simle fist fight is close enough...

And there you go... Put a couple of people around you to create the atmosphere and you got yourself a tournament of the poor people (no money reward)  :???:

DrevniDabar said you could get a horse and renown, but I'd go as far as armor,weapon or something like that... c ya

DrevniDabar said:
Who knows, maybe the other surrounding countries also had their kind of Potecište?
Maybe NikeBG can dig out some info from his own magical-know-it-all ass...  :lol:
Yes, I think we had a somewhat different word for it, though. And, of course, such "tournaments" were especially popular during various bigger fairs, lord's celebrations etc. But the main problem is that most of them can't work as the standart M&B tournaments (f.e. archery contests weren't several archers shooting each other, but shooting at targets (ala Robin Hood pierces the arrow, twice), though I also have some very dim memories that I've seen such skill contests in some old M&B mod years ago (unless it was a dream)) and the few who would are more of duels than mass-fights. And especially popular, especially for the commoners, were the wrestling and boxing (though I'm sure they didn't call it boxing back then), which might be a bit boring in the M&B style (unless the participants in the boxing part are equipped with special gloves, f.e. I remember reading they sometimes used horseshoes or something like that).
Otherwise, it would be great if such kinds of competitions can be included somehow in E1200. F.e. the horse races are very important (we even still have them on St. Teodore's Day), would fit especially well in the hipodrome in Constantinople and The Wedding Dance already has a similar system (chariot-racing).

Cruger said:
Not really, making the tournament system was the hardest and most time consuming thing I've made for this mod to date. I doubt making big multigames including duels, javelin throwing, wrestling, races and bow competitions would take shorter time. If anything it would take 5 times as long.
Yeah, this, unfortunately. Those types of competitions are, alas, quite too different from the M&B ones and would thus require a great ammount of work.

Executor-64- said:
I figured you could take the default settings for the training field (or a normal tournament) and change it a little
(like in the training field archer practice enter the system commands: change bow and arrow to javelin and put a "number cap" that a player must overstep in order to win - the numbers of course represent points earned on  the target=damage dealt to the hay bull'seye... just enter an undefinitioned variable on that "number cap" so that it's randomly picked from, oh I don't know 8-18 points(or something reasonible) so that you get the feeling that the other guys are competing with you... And then change hud screen to show your number of points and the "number cap" points, something like:
Hmm, interesting idea.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Is that today?  :oops:
I got drunk on a burthday 2 days ago, I kind of skipped an entire day  :lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS  :smile: :lol: :grin: :mrgreen:
:shock: Oh cr*ap I need to get to the city centre in two hours! bye

Ah, the Balkans - one of the few places in this world where drunken 1-day-amnesia is a source of pride! :grin: (Would you believe me that I've been drunk only once in my life and the only effect it had was some vomitting and a horrible headache the next morning?)
Anyway, Happy New Year and sorry for the off-topic!

NikeBG said:
Ah, the Balkans - one of the few places in this world where drunken 1-day-amnesia is a source of pride! :grin: (Would you believe me that I've been drunk only once in my life and the only effect it had was some vomitting and a horrible headache the next morning?)
Anyway, Happy New Year and sorry for the off-topic!

In Spain it's also a sign of social prestige. Who would have thoght?

So, Mykami has finished his first drawing of a Gaelic soldier (he might be improved).

1%2B%2B.png

nice work  :smile: I really like it... only one complain here
Could the warrior be just a little more badass?
I don't mean decorating the drawing (mistastefouly), just you know, he could spread his arms or something...
like this
http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/classes/barbarian-history.jpg
http://firsthour.net/screenshots/diablo-2/diablo-2-character-select-barbarian.jpg

may seem like a dumb suggestion, but I stick by it

Executor-64- said:
may seem like a dumb suggestion, but I stick by it

I really don't get why you are playing M&B when there is a ton of fine fantasy games with badass warriors out there..

Cruger said:
So, Mykami has finished his first drawing of a Gaelic soldier (he might be improved).

1%2B%2B.png

This is perfect. Really. Very good, realistic, it gets the feeling of their aspect ingame... great, just great.

The only way it could be better is by making it more detailed, but if you ask me, that's exactly what we would be aiming for.

Holy Roman Empire

Republic of Venice
Holy Roman Empire

and what we have in Game 2 of the Holy Roman Empire will be? Dear developers, tell me when will be added to the mod Russian principalities? if they are, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom