Problem with dds pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick version: I can't open them/ create them.

Full version:
I bought a new computer and installed win7 64 bit. My Photoshop CS4 64-bit doesn't support the nvidia plugin that we all know about and uses. I've tried all tutorials I can find on the net but it still won't work. I have tried to use the 32 bit version but it still doesn't work.

So I'm wondering if anyone here have had the same problem but managed to solve it somehow. Or do you know of any other program (preferably free) that can open/ create DDS files and then edit them?

NaglFaar said:
Quick version: I can't open them/ create them.

Full version:
I bought a new computer and installed win7 64 bit. My Photoshop CS4 64-bit doesn't support the nvidia plugin that we all know about and uses. I've tried all tutorials I can find on the net but it still won't work. I have tried to use the 32 bit version but it still doesn't work.

So I'm wondering if anyone here have had the same problem but managed to solve it somehow. Or do you know of any other program (preferably free) that can open/ create DDS files and then edit them?

GIMP looks alot like Photoshop and has a lot of those functions and is free. You need to download the plugin for DDS file though to edit and open the Texture files.

Yes, i used to use the DDS converter before.. a little hard to use but ok :wink:
once you learn the rules...
One thing (that costed me a lot of time) that will save you trouble.
use the converter and convert adefault native DDS texture.
put it in photoshop.. and use that as a size template (DDS has this problem about rectangle pictures :grin:)

Back
Top Bottom