Problem w/ Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Zendar_Bum

Recruit
I have an installation bug that's been haunting me ever since Legions Mod was first released. Surprisingly, the installation problem continues to persist onto the Extended version. I'm dying to play this mod and I've tried a zillion solutions! Anyone wanna give me a hand in help? The error: Error opening file for writing. C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Legions Extended\Textures\Fahnentr?erhelm.dds

What can be done!?

As far as I know, the .dds file you're describing is for a helm in Land of Eternal Youth. I had trouble with that, and had to manipulate the name because Windows XP (which is what I have) didn't recognize the accent in the name. It might be that it's in Legions Extended as well, but just double check to see that the two mods haven't merged files.

If they haven't, you can rename it manually, using BRFedit, I think. There are descriptions on how to fix it on LoEY on MBX, I think. Hope that helps.

ahh yeah, you brought this up before and I meant to change the lettering and the references.

let me see if I can hunt all those down and get something for ya here.

Zendar_Bum said:
I have an installation bug that's been haunting me ever since Legions Mod was first released. Surprisingly, the installation problem continues to persist onto the Extended version. I'm dying to play this mod and I've tried a zillion solutions! Anyone wanna give me a hand in help? The error: Error opening file for writing. C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Legions Extended\Textures\Fahnentr?erhelm.dds

What can be done!?

check your messages

Anyone else having a similar problem can download the mod with fix here.

http://files.filefront.com/Legions+Extendedzip/;9929450;/fileinfo.html

Thx Ealabor for the help! I've been enjoying Legions Mod for about an hour. Pretty entertaining although it can be better! Well keep up the good work!

I've got to give thanks for the fix as well, I had the same problem, and the fixed version has allowed me to play!  Now it's off to the Land of Eternal Youth thread to see if they've done the same fix as well...

Back
Top Bottom