Problem: getting items ingame

Users who are viewing this thread

Peralta

Sergeant Knight
Ok, so I:
- added the BRF to the Resource map in my Mod map (kerstbalschildtest.brf)
- added the texture to the textures map in my mod map (gvdbrf.dds)
- added this line to module_items.py:

["christmas_shield", "christmas_shield", [("gvdbrf",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield, itcf_carry_round_shield, 697 , weight(4)|hit_points(700)|body_armor(17)|spd_rtng(61)|weapon_length(40),imodbits_shield ]

- changed this line to module_troops.py:

["bonus_chest_1","Bonus Chest","Bonus Chest",tf_hero|tf_inactive, 0,reserved,  fac_neutral,[itm_strange_armor,itm_strange_short_sword,itm_christmas_shield],def_attrib|level(1:cool:,wp(60),knows_common, 0]

- changed module.ini and module_info.py for the mod

(the above is not chronologically)

At the end,I let build_module.bat run.
No errors.

The item however does NOT appear in the chest or in any shops...

Help please?

["christmas_shield", "christmas_shield", [("gvdbrf",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield, itcf_carry_round_shield, 697 , weight(4)|hit_points(700)|body_armor(17)|spd_rtng(61)|weapon_length(40),imodbits_shield ]

The red word, is that the brf file name or is it the name of the mesh?

Rath0s said:

The red word, is that the brf file name or is it the name of the mesh?

I tried it with both the mesh and the brf...

mesh = gvdbrf
brf = kerstbalschildtest

You can also tweak the itemskindslist easy to.

itm_christmas_shield Christmas_Shield Christmas_Shield 1  gvdbrf 0  65543 5100273664 697 167772194 4.000000 100 0 17 0 0 700 61 0 40 0 0 0

Copy and paste that into the itemkinds file to the bottom with 1 space between the last item.

Also change this number at the top of the list 433 to 434 its the amount of items in the list and since you have added 1 more you have to add one more number to that.

Rath0s said:
Go to the modules folder and open itemkinds1.txt and copy and paste the stuff I posted earlier.  :wink:

I know, but my question is: is that the same as the wole module system proces?

No.

EDIT:

The word in red is the items id name?
The word in green is the name that will show up ingame?
And the word in purple is the mesh name?

Correct me if im wrong anyone.

Back
Top Bottom