Private Servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone speaks like they work at taleworlds and their families lives depend on features they want being added.
Answer for you is simple, stay on NW until full release if you can’t keep a few teenagers playing a game for a few months - not a very hard task at all when they have nothing better to do

Absolutely. But I don't see why they're so concerned they'd rather not share the files. It'd be great if they had a bit of confidence with us and at least shared their thoughts on their decision.

I don't know either, maybe technical reasons. It's hard to get an upfront response from TW, but if something bothers you (as the lack of servers in the initial EA period, or any other missing feature) and you deem it "not good enough", it's a good idea to wait and hold off purchasing.

Such a stupid mentality to have if you care about this game and want it to succeed

What's the stupid mentality? Holding onto your money if you don't like something?

What's the stupid mentality? Holding onto your money if you don't like something?
If you want this game to succeed and for Taleworlds to keep improving the game, that requires money. Taleworlds get money through game sales, if nobody buys the game there's no incentive to finish development. So telling people to not purchase it is legitimately stupid if you have any vested interest in its success.

If you want this game to succeed and for Taleworlds to keep improving the game, that requires money. Taleworlds get money through game sales, if nobody buys the game there's no incentive to finish development. So telling people to not purchase it is legitimately stupid if you have any vested interest in its success.

You're not TaleWorlds' accountant, you don't know how much money they have or how much they need, but then again that is irrelevant. If you deem the lack of servers at the start of EA "not good enough", your best option is to wait before buying, simple as.

Last edited:
We won't be sharing server files at the start of EA. It will be sometime after when we do that, perhaps closer to the full-release.
Excellent, so now we know that regions whom aren't supported with Dedicated servers won't be able to play multiplayer until close to release. Great way to alienate potentially thousands of people.
If server files are released, whats the worse thing that can happen? The community would likely help develop better servers instead of Taleworlds having to do all the work.

Early access is what it is. The game will update quiet often and having to update the server files for each minor update + having technical support for setting up the server is a waste of time.

Not mentioning the crash reports are directly reported to taleworlds. It makes a lot more sense to have it only for taleworlds until the game is finished.

Also, this is not napoleonic wars for some of you who don't seem to understand. This is the native community. The napoleonic wars community was way ahead in terms of being fleshed out and big when it concerns clans and community because of the nature of napoleonic wars requiring teamwork (eg cannons, linebattles) as to compared to native.

Early access is what it is. The game will update quiet often and having to update the server files for each minor update + having technical support for setting up the server is a waste of time.

Not mentioning the crash reports are directly reported to taleworlds. It makes a lot more sense to have it only for taleworlds until the game is finished.

Also, this is not napoleonic wars for some of you who don't seem to understand. This is the native community. The napoleonic wars community was way ahead in terms of being fleshed out and big when it concerns clans and community because of the nature of napoleonic wars requiring teamwork (eg cannons, linebattles) as to compared to native.

This. Their official servers for the beta are still crashing from time to time, how are they going to release anything like that while keeping a straight face?

I played mount and blade games for thousands of hours all single player and so have many thousands of others. Multiplayer clans are not the backbone of mount and blades success. They are only just a part of what it is. Get over yourselves. If the game is good a multiplayer scene will develop. For now keep playing your released games and quit trying to blackmail my favourite developers.

There will be more than enough sales just for single player alone. It’s not going to be a problem.

Alot of the people here who are commenting that we should just wait until full release dont seem to understand how these events work, and it doesn't matter that NW is a flying squirrel entertainment game, many regiments from NW are going to bannerlord on release of EA, I dont get how you thought I was pointing towards full release. This is a backstab if anything and I predict multiplayer will be close to dead within a month of release in NA due to the lack of giving a **** about your community. I am infuriated by the fact that you seem to think that those that take part in NW, especially regiments, dont seem to matter to your long term goals, as they are the only entities besides the hardcore sweaties keeping the DLC alive. And we are not asking for control of events, we simply want representation and knowledge of how things are going to take place.

I played mount and blade games for thousands of hours all single player and so have many thousands of others. Multiplayer clans are not the backbone of mount and blades success. They are only just a part of what it is. Get over yourselves. If the game is good a multiplayer scene will develop. For now keep playing your released games and quit trying to blackmail my favourite developers.
it is great that singleplayer is the "backbone" of the game, but PLEASE realize that I am trying to barter for all interested parties, those here who think that singleplayer is going to carry this game through and that it is all that matters is stupid. I simply am advocating for another portion of the community, I love singleplayer and I would be happy to have just that, but there are also those in the community who play it for the multiplayer and they shouldn't be ignored and to do so would be a betrayal of their trust in Taleworlds

this is not just a native versus napoleonic wars issue, we want to be a part of the Bannerlord community and we want to try and flourish a sophisticated and diverse community not just focused for people interested in public servers but those who like organized events as well, and I seem to remember a time when native warband had this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not just a native versus napoleonic wars issue, we want to be a part of the Bannerlord community and we want to try and flourish a sophisticated and diverse community not just focused for people interested in public servers but those who like organized events as well, and I seem to remember a time when native warband had this as well.
A big step in having organized events is server stability which is something taleworlds will be efficiently be able to do if they host their own servers until they're confident its up to the task.

A big step in having organized events is server stability which is something taleworlds will be efficiently be able to do if they host their own servers until they're confident its up to the task.
im ok with them hosting the servers and etc. we just would like to have a representative from the community, doesn't have to be from my regiment or another, just someone we trust and they trust. Also thank you for talking like a grown up, i've struggled to keep my composure on this thread but again thanks for being an adult.

im ok with them hosting the servers and etc. we just would like to have a representative from the community, doesn't have to be from my regiment or another, just someone we trust and they trust. Also thank you for talking like a grown up, i've struggled to keep my composure on this thread but again thanks for being an adult.
What part of everything I said and what Callum said do you not understand? Private servers will not be part of Early Access because EA is not a full release. Continue your gaming on NW just like before and when Bannerlord's full release is complete, then switch to Bannerlord. No one, least of all TW is betraying anyone's trust.

I mean the main issue is how long is EA if its a year then a year with no private servers will kill the game. There is a limit to how long clans will survive without the option of custom sieges and events.

I mean the main issue is how long is EA if its a year then a year with no private servers will kill the game. There is a limit to how long clans will survive without the option of custom sieges and events.
You're confused too, I see. Continue on as before, forget that Early Access even exists and make the switch after full release. Bannerlord will survive just fine since 75 to 80% of the players are mainly interested in singleplayer. You eventually will find out that your fears are unrealistic.

Basically no one is forcing the clans to go to Bannerlord on EA release that is their decision that they are making without taking into account what TaleWorlds are actually doing. They probably should change that decision based on the new information, you have got by asking in this thread. It’s the blackmaily doomsday type language aimed at the devs i think isn’t fair on them. They didn’t encourage any clans to make an early move in any way shape or form. No offence intended.

Basically no one is forcing the clans to go to Bannerlord on EA release that is their decision that they are making without taking into account what TaleWorlds are actually doing. They probably should change that decision based on the new information, you have got by asking in this thread. It’s the blackmaily doomsday type language aimed at the devs i think isn’t fair on them. They didn’t encourage any clans to make an early move in any way shape or form. No offence intended.
It's not just the clans that are concerned, it's the community centres that are also being affected. Communities that exist currently will die out before we even get a chance to do anything for Bannerlord. Telling us to stay with Warband is ridiculous, the game MP community is basically already dead in most regions, expect maybe NA & EU. Our regions at the moment don't even get the chance to experience the MP side of Bannerlord because Taleworlds isn't providing us with any kinds of servers. It's fine for NA/EU players to not worry because you guys actually have something to play on.

why dont you understand that from what im saying is that MY CLAN WILL DIE IN NW IF WE DONT SWITCH, we are switching and you cant tell us to stay in NW, we are a part of the community, the archduke crap has obviously gone to your head. We are coming over, we believe that Taleworlds would like to have us in testing especially battle and etc. we aim to make a community and we want to have a direct representative with TW just to communicate. Why is someone who has played almost nothing but singleplayer for thousands of hours and someone who doesn't understand what im communicate telling me and my regiment basically to go **** ourselves let alone the rest of the multiplayer community

We won't be sharing server files at the start of EA. It will be sometime after when we do that, perhaps closer to the full-release.
Very very bad news, it's so disappointing to hear that with all the clans waiting for it. We will not be able to play as clans without private servers. This is unacceptable.

No one is telling you to go **** yourself. I'm just being realistic. Callum said, in case you missed it, there will be no private servers during early access. If you want to have some clan events during the next year or so, the only place will be NW. If you want to help with testing during Early Access, I'm sure you will be welcome, just don't expect special treatment

Back
Top Bottom