+Previous+ Your thoughts on ROCK feasibility & schedule?

What should the ROCK time-frame be?

• Forge ahead and keep the deadlines as close to the published schedule as possible.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Give it 'til mid-September to allow everyone to get settled but run a filler event in the meantime f

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Wait later than mid-September.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Scrap the project altogether.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_Kenneth

Sergeant
Hey all,

As those of you following ROCK are aware, we've had some delays and some staff members drop or fall short on their commitments. It has also come to our attention that the end of August is the most heavily traveled vacation time and that the beginning of September is hectic for all those returning to school (Y'all probably have noticed the population drop on the servers recently.). So, we want to know where the community stands with regard to ROCK.

Option 1:
Hold to the schedule posted here. This is obviously the most immediate of the options, however, it might cause some complications.
Option 2:
The middle ground. Wait until mid-September to launch but run a mini-tourny in the meantime that provides bonuses for the start of ROCK. It allows for some more time to get all the registration and regulation materials handled but hopefully the filler event can holdover interest until launch. (As added incentive, registration (either individual or clan) would likely be a prerequisite to participation.)
Option 3:
Wait until later than mid-September. The "Woa, this is way to complicated!" / we need more time to figure out how to make this work.
Option 4:
Scrap the project. The Dev Team, and myself in particular, have been investing enormous time, effort, and treasure into this project; so, while I hope that nobody believes this is the best course of action, if you do believe so please be courteous enough to tell us to stop wasting our time.

The results of this poll are non-binding, but we would really appreciate your vote and feedback as a reply to this thread if you have the time.
Cheers,
ROCK Dev Team

My vote is for Option 2. Registration has been slow going and I personally have been swamped with work and with preparing to return to university in a couple weeks. So with that and the travel time, my time is/ will be extremely limited. Add that to the fact that some of the clan leaders have expressed the same sentiment, it might be more prudent to wait a bit to launch. (And I just have some cool ideas for a mini-event - and I need an excuse to try them :razz:)

Anyway, that's my thought but it's by no means definitive. Please vote and post your thoughts when you get the chance.
- Ken  :cool:

You guys are already busy setting this (ROCK) up. Plus you have school and other real life issues to contend with - why add to the already hectic schedule by creating a mini-event and rewards and figuring out how those rewards will fit into the official launch of ROCK without making the award winners OP, and or pissing off the rest of the contestants.

Release it when it's ready and not before. Don't start a new project (mini-event) until the first project is complete.  If people are complaining they can make their own event, eat cake or go bump a recruitment thread. Better yet they can make themselves useful, learn to do something and ask how they can lighten your load.

Regards,

Romans the mean Internet guy

Option 3. Things are more likely to fall to pieces if you rush a release/mess with balance with start-of-the-game-bonuses, than if you wait longer to get everyone settled in and everything ready to go.

I honestly do not think that there is a possibility for real competitive online play across continents right now, which is really my biggest qualm with this whole thing.

Other than that, I haven't really been following at all because it all seems extremely overly and unnecessarily complicated to me. Like you're trying to build strat with added in necessary rping with a forum.

Granted, if you honestly think you can pull it off, who am I to complain.

So my vote is
4) if the tournament organizers have doubts about being able to pull this off. Yes you've put in a lot of time, but you'll end up wasting even more time and effort on this if you keep going and it doesn't work out.

Or

3) if the tournament organizers are extremely confident in the ability for this to work, with a little time. Keyword: Extremely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom