Pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

I forget the ratio, but I think the more children you have and the older you get, the lower the chance of more. So if your character is ageing... eg A 30% increase in a 10% chance is 13% so not a big deal.

I'm up to 5 girls on my current playthrough. I'm considering scumming to get a few boys in the mix..
Only the age and the amount of childs of the women counts, the man's age and amount of childs does not count.
And a 40 year old women does not make many childs, a 18 year old women will make up to 6 - 8 childs.

And girls in this game can not grow your clan, they are currently completly useless in the process of child making.

Thanks all for the info. I had heard the woman's age mattered for pregnancy chance, and that is realistic. Wife is 29 currently. So it should be somewhat less than a women in her early 20s. Just wish we had the data so I knew how the game was handling it. Didn't really start trying untill a few years ago. She was traveling with the mc to level her up to be a better governor.

I have been unable to have any family members/brother and his wife to have children. I went so far as the kill off his wife (with console, because despite my best effort javelins to her face weren’t working) and had him remarry someone younger.

I have been unable to have any family members/brother and his wife to have children. I went so far as the kill off his wife (with console, because despite my best effort javelins to her face weren’t working) and had him remarry someone younger.
Did you maybe have death and birth disabled?
Did you put bother and his wife in you party and make them wait in a fief while the day passes?

I think the penalty for existing kids is way too harsh. Even having a third kid is extremely difficult. I don't know how people are getting 10 kids.
I think the decrease for age is reasonable but the existing kid penalty either needs to be made less severe or be configurable. Either by a sliding scale or low/normal/high, with the exiting number being the low.
Code:
31 year old with 2 kids
13% - ((31-18) * .46)  = 7.02
7.02 / (2+1)² = 0.78%

Less than 1% for just the third kid! So on average you would be spending 100+ days of waiting to get her pregnant. If the women in Calradia are so infertile how do they keep the villages full of conscripts for the constant wars. :p

Even a 20 year old with 2 kids isn't much better

Code:
13% - ((20-18) * .46)  = 12.08
12.08 / (2+1)² = 1.422%

I get they are trying to limit how many kids the player can have but this is too strict. A third kid is very hard and 4+ is near impossible. Did people with all these kids get them in old versions with better preg logic?

Last edited:
I think the penalty for existing kids is way too harsh. Even having a third kid is extremely difficult. I don't know how people are getting 10 kids.
I think the decrease for age is reasonable but the existing kid penalty either needs to be made less severe or be configurable. Either by a sliding scale or low/normal/high, with the exiting number being the low.
Code:
31 year old with 2 kids
13% - ((31-18) * .46)  = 7.02
7.02 / (2+1)² = 0.78%

Less than 1% for just the third kid! So on average you would be spending 100+ days of waiting to get her pregnant. If the women in Calradia are so infertile how do they keep the villages full of conscripts for the constant wars. :p

Even a 20 year old with 2 kids isn't much better

Code:
13% - ((20-18) * .46)  = 12.08
12.08 / (2+1)² = 1.422%

I get they are trying to limit how many kids the player can have but this is too strict. A third kid is very hard and 4+ is near impossible. Did people with all these kids get them in old versions with better preg logic?
I recently got child number 10 with my wife in game, it was the pregnancy number 9 with twins and all other clan members have their child number 6 and some having child number 7 on the way(1.7.1).

You only need more waiting in towns/castles.

Edit: My Wife is currently pregnant with child number 11.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom