Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

Something came to my mind yesterday, and I thought I'd suggest it along with my thoughts on it.  :smile:
It's just something which I've not seen in any other mod, and which might be interesting.

The idea: A new troop type that can be recruited in Saranid areas - the Nubian Warrior / African Warrior.
I cannot remember having seen a dark-skinned African soldier in the game yet, and in reality these hardy warriors came from Africa all the way to Egypt and even further away to fight. Sometimes by force, sometimes as mercenaries.
They would be lightly armored, carrying spears, clubs and swords (can be upgraded with rifles). They would also be dressed in traditional clothing, with lion skins and feathers to show their strength and prowess as hunters, they would function as a somewhat rare and low-to-mid priced type of mercenary with low-to-mid defence and high attack and morale.

Biggest problem I can think of is that in order to do this properly, a darker skin tone would have to be added. But I honestly feel that it'd be a really nice thing to include.

Here's some images to suggest how they could be dressed and armed.
african_warriors_by_byzantinum.jpg
african_warriors_2_by_byzantinum.jpg
african_warrior_by_byzantinum.jpg

A heavily armored Nubian cavalry retainer, working as a honor guard to an Amir after converting to Islam (according to the image source)
4498004879_7bf734d73c_z.jpg

A gorgeous  curved Mandinka sword, from the same period as the above images.
s241.jpg
s241c.jpg
s241g.jpg
s241j.jpg
s241n.jpg
s241q.jpg
s241p.jpg
s241o.jpg

An Ida tribal blade.
ida-sword-african-swords.jpg

A wooden Zulu mace
trzuluclub5-345.jpg

A beautiful Masai shield, in the typical seed/teardrop shape that is also used for the skin-covered shields.
shield.jpg
masai-shield-lg.jpg
MaasaiShield101f.jpg
MaasaiShield101.jpg
MaasaiShield101r.jpg

Another shield type, with a Seme shortsword for comparison.
s637.jpg

As always, this is just a suggestion. I think it would compliment the "middle eastern" factions very well though, and could potentially be a very flavorful mercenary troop for anyone recruiting in those areas, regardless of nation.  :grin:

Waffenbaum said:
Something came to my mind yesterday, and I thought I'd suggest it along with my thoughts on it.  :smile:
It's just something which I've not seen in any other mod, and which might be interesting.

The idea: A new troop type that can be recruited in Saranid areas - the Nubian Warrior / African Warrior.
I cannot remember having seen a dark-skinned African soldier in the game yet, and in reality these hardy warriors came from Africa all the way to Egypt and even further away to fight. Sometimes by force, sometimes as mercenaries.
They would be lightly armored, carrying spears, clubs and swords (can be upgraded with rifles). They would also be dressed in traditional clothing, with lion skins and feathers to show their strength and prowess as hunters, they would function as a somewhat rare and low-to-mid priced type of mercenary with low-to-mid defence and high attack and morale.

Biggest problem I can think of is that in order to do this properly, a darker skin tone would have to be added. But I honestly feel that it'd be a really nice thing to include.

Here's some images to suggest how they could be dressed and armed.
african_warriors_by_byzantinum.jpg
african_warriors_2_by_byzantinum.jpg
african_warrior_by_byzantinum.jpg

A heavily armored Nubian cavalry retainer, working as a honor guard to an Amir after converting to Islam (according to the image source)
4498004879_7bf734d73c_z.jpg

A gorgeous  curved Mandinka sword, from the same period as the above images.
s241.jpg
s241c.jpg
s241g.jpg
s241j.jpg
s241n.jpg
s241q.jpg
s241p.jpg
s241o.jpg

An Ida tribal blade.
ida-sword-african-swords.jpg

A wooden Zulu mace
trzuluclub5-345.jpg

A beautiful Masai shield, in the typical seed/teardrop shape that is also used for the skin-covered shields.
shield.jpg
masai-shield-lg.jpg
MaasaiShield101f.jpg
MaasaiShield101.jpg
MaasaiShield101r.jpg

Another shield type, with a Seme shortsword for comparison.
s637.jpg

As always, this is just a suggestion. I think it would compliment the "middle eastern" factions very well though, and could potentially be a very flavorful mercenary troop for anyone recruiting in those areas, regardless of nation.  :grin:

wow I like that idea :grin: looks nice

Dude, you just quoted 49 lines of space, and posted 7 words of your own in the reply.
Why do people keep doing this ? its hard to find anything here as it is

I like it but shouldn't the main color be red instead of blue? And could you add a kilij of some sort

Kolko mi se cini ovo ce da bude odlican mod :smile:
Ehhh kolike su sanse da se ubaci odelo,kapa i ostalo da lik ili trupe lice na hajduke ??? (mislim cisto ono figurativno :smile: ).

Laciboj said:
Kolko mi se cini ovo ce da bude odlican mod :smile:
Ehhh kolike su sanse da se ubaci odelo,kapa i ostalo da lik ili trupe lice na hajduke ??? (mislim cisto ono figurativno :smile: ).
Hvala i ma šta figurativno, pa imamo i hajduke, odelce još nije gotovo doduše  :wink:

Magnum said:
I believe its actually the wings of the winged hussar of poland.
Yup it is :wink:

dia151 said:
looks like medieval broom to me, goes to kitchen
:grin:

Hush and massage my feet!  :lol:

Winged hussar armor in creation?
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Oh my god....

IS BOOTIFULL!!!!!!!

PRETTYNESS METER HAS BEEN ZE BROKENZ!!!

Sorry about that, but I have been a good boy recently and needed to get my troll out.
Seriously though, that is absolutely beautiful.

Just a suggestion: http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AA193&name=Arms+%26+Armor+High+Gothic+Mace
I hope I'm not too late with this. :roll:

Who knows, maybe you're not (I just need to remember where i placed the damn model ) :wink:
Ghola said:
Winged hussar armor in creation?
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Yup, here is a very early wip screenshot, just started with base texturing.
earlywip.jpg

@ chimera_t:
lol and thanks :wink:

Back
Top Bottom