Poor Performance

Users who are viewing this thread

The game doesn't run very well. Generally there are stutters, but often it's not too big of a problem. But sometimes (even in battles with looters in plains) performance collapses completely and the game is utterly unplayable. I marked this down to early access etc but I see videos on youtube where some people seem to manage to actually run the game well, so it seems to be a problem just for me. I have played with the settings, but this achieves nothing except making the game look really really awful. This generally starts on the battle map but continues even in the campaign map. Is this recognised as a bug and is there any time frame for when the game will be consistently playable?

Specs
i5-6600 3.3GHz
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
8GB DDR4 2133Hz RAM

I have a similar rig. CPU and GPU wise. Only difference is I just recently upgraded to 16gb of ram from previously 8 and my game is running super smooth now.

So my CPU usage is fairly steady at 50-60%, but my disk usage is sometimes maxed out, so that could be the problem. Is there something I can do to address that or not?

Or both together. 960 gtx isn't exactly very new card anymore.

I know but I'm not pushing it here. The game has been unplayable even fighing 10 looters on low settings. I've just upped the settings to the high preset and done a custom battle with 320 men in total, and I had a pretty steady 60fps. If you look at my other comment, it seemed a minute ago that the disk usage was the problem, but this time it was way lower (but my CPU and GPU were struggling a bit on high). So it's not consistent at all, which makes me think really my hardware isn't the problem but some weird lack of optimisation or something...

EDIT: now i jump into my campaign and start a fight with 12 looters and it's basically unplayable.

Last edited:
I would like to know this as well, I know my CPU is very old but I'm going to explain what happens on my game so far.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 2600 3.40GHZ
8GB DD3 Corsair
Radeon RX 480 8gb

Now, what happens is that every time I start a battle or a town/castle scene, everything starts stuttering really bad, the FPS Drops a lot for a few seconds (from 5 to 10 seconds), on a battle when I'm about to reach the enemy I can see the textures and models starts .. appearing, sort of, which cuases a small slowdown for a few seconds as well... After that everything runs smothly as hell, I capped my fps to 60 in the performance setup, ingame. And I get constant 60fps. I just had a battle between 6 armies and the same thing happens when I'm going to face 10 looters. Stutters for a few seconds really bad, and then runs smooth until the end of the battle.

I had tried also in custom battle with over 800 units and the same thing happens. FPS drops at the beggining of the battle, and then runs pretty good.

Before that last battle I did my first siege, defending a castle... The fps were very low with constant stuttering but in this case it didn't last a few seconds, but it lasted until about half the time, and then it ran smooth'till the end.

Does anyone has any idea to improve this?

As soon as I can i'm going to upgrade to 16gb RAM and buy an SSD, but I'm in Venezuela so is like 6 or 8 times harder to buy that here than in any other country...

For anyone with 8GB of ram (especially DDR3) if you are having performance issues....

IT IS YOUR RAM GET MORE. 16 AT LEAST.

This was addressed by so many people like the second day the game came out. Please search the forums a bit.

Look at your RAM usage during campaign mode and tell me I'm wrong.

I had the same issue, upgraded, and had no problems. I've also given the same advice to multiple others with this issue and more RAM fixed their problems.

Definitely your rig.
i7-9700k
16gb 3200mhz
RTX 2070 OC triple fan 8gb
1tb nvme ssd
AIO Water Cooler. 2 outwards fan
Case has 3 inwards fan.
27" 144hz 1ms gsync monitor :smile: :smile:

I pretty much maxed out the settings. Only lag i saw was in sieges, which seem to happen to a lot of people
I have seen the game eat up almost 3gbs of graphics on campaign map alone and probably much more in huge battles.
Ram sits around 4-5gb on campaign map alone.
Thanks to my cooling i rarely touch 60C and never above 65C.

ram and memory are the first things to upgrade if you do not want to overhaul everything since they will be compatible with almost every system. imo

The game doesn't run very well. Generally there are stutters, but often it's not too big of a problem. But sometimes (even in battles with looters in plains) performance collapses completely and the game is utterly unplayable. I marked this down to early access etc but I see videos on youtube where some people seem to manage to actually run the game well, so it seems to be a problem just for me. I have played with the settings, but this achieves nothing except making the game look really really awful. This generally starts on the battle map but continues even in the campaign map. Is this recognised as a bug and is there any time frame for when the game will be consistently playable?

Specs
i5-6600 3.3GHz
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
8GB DDR4 2133Hz RAM

yes that card its kinda min "real" spec so u should aim for a cheap gtx 1660 200$ price, will improve drasticaly

Now, what happens is that every time I start a battle or a town/castle scene, everything starts stuttering really bad, the FPS Drops a lot for a few seconds (from 5 to 10 seconds), on a battle when I'm about to reach the enemy I can see the textures and models starts .. appearing, sort of, which cuases a small slowdown for a few seconds as well... After that everything runs smothly as hell, I capped my fps to 60 in the performance setup, ingame. And I get constant 60fps. I just had a battle between 6 armies and the same thing happens when I'm going to face 10 looters. Stutters for a few seconds really bad, and then runs smooth until the end of the battle.
have same issue, when try hit somebody get lag and sometimes moddel change or something, should be some bug or something XD

27" 144hz 1ms gsync monitor :smile: :smile:
tell me is 2k :v

I can confirm that 8 GB ram is not enough at all.
I constantly monitor my RAM usage while in bannerlord. Sometimes my PC is using up to 14 GB.

Probably should built a new pc. The game doesn't run bad, except in sieges it struggles resulting in frame drops. Still I would like to scale up the amount of soldiers on the field currently I have this set to 200. I did this because it is noticable in sieges, in field battles it can be set a bit higher.

specs:
i7-4770S 3.10GHz
GTX 960 4GB
8GB DDR3
Installed on SSD

If I want to experience bannerlord on highest settings Is upgrading an option or should I built a new pc?

I think the main problem is the RAM, because I play this game mostly all the time at 60 fps capped, medium graphics (only dropping to 50 or 45 in siege).

i5-2500k
12GB RAM
GTX970 4gb

Probably should built a new pc. The game doesn't run bad, except in sieges it struggles resulting in frame drops. Still I would like to scale up the amount of soldiers on the field currently I have this set to 200. I did this because it is noticable in sieges, in field battles it can be set a bit higher.

specs:
i7-4770S 3.10GHz
GTX 960 4GB
8GB DDR3
Installed on SSD

If I want to experience bannerlord on highest settings Is upgrading an option or should I built a new pc?

I would build a new PC. Why?
- Motherboard that supports DDR4 is nice. More future proof. Soon there will be DDR5 commercially available, ddr3 is already quite old.
- There are some amazing value for money cpu and gpus at the moment that can run basically any game today. Check out Ryzen 5 3600 and GTX 1660 Super.

this is a good time to build a new pc. AMD whooped Intel with its latest hardware. Hardware deals are everywhere. I'd recommend amd cpu and whatever gpu that suits yours needs.

sure the game might be a little memory hungry, but ram is very very cheap now compare to 2 years ago. even phones have more than 8gb of ram now a days lol

Back
Top Bottom