B Tutorial 2D Poomtang's texturing tutorial masterclass

Users who are viewing this thread

Poomtang.... U don't know how happy u made me, after I've done some research earlier today, the shako and uniform you made for the Russians were officially started to be used by Montenegro in April 1812, following the Russians modernisation and donation to the Montenegrin army ( a total of 30.000 full uniforms, 3000 horses, 4 uber-luxury generals outfits, loads of Russian medals for Montenegrin generals and Peter I of Montenegro, 40.000 muskets and 50 10-lber Unicorns ( masterpiece of that-day artillery )

** This means : Keep 'em for the Russians!! :grin:

Well you'll be pleasd to learn that Montenegro is actually on the new map that we've just got along with Serbia and Bosnia. You'll also, be pleased to learn that I've started work on a Russian officer, although not a General just yet you'll have to be a Leiutenant for a while, but a General is in the works.

poomtang said:
Well you'll be pleasd to learn that Montenegro is actually on the new map that we've just got along with Serbia and Bosnia. You'll also, be pleased to learn that I've started work on a Russian officer, although not a General just yet you'll have to be a Leiutenant for a while, but a General is in the works.

Errrr..... You probably didn't realise my PM to you a few days ago, 90% of Russia's Colonels and Capitans were bought positions, and had medals etc. and were considered generals and wore those uniforms that I gave you to make for me, that's why Russia was so special.... The only thing that made a difference between a Inf Colonel and a General's uniform is the medals classes, eg. Inf Colonel had like 1-3 small medals, mainly the Order of St. Anne (3rd/4th class), Order of St. George ( mainly worn around the neck ), and for any officer ( Col/Cpt ) that made a name for himself was the "St George bicorne", basically the normal bicorne that Russian generals had yet just with the black-orange piece ( St. George ribbon ) attached to it :razz:

So yes, Montenegro will be inserted? :grin: :grin: :grin:

And yes, for Bosnia, as far as I know from history books etc., it hasn't rebelled before 1830s, it was capitured by the Ottomans in 1463 and ever since it followed the Ottoman rules and sticked with them.... :smile: So yes, Bosnia is not to be independant in any way :razz:

You need to buy it, it's not freeware and it's not cheap either :p !

If you want photoshop, you can download the evaluation version and try it for a few days.

http://www.adobe.com/fr/downloads/

Gimp is free however if i remember correctly and is the same, or even better than photoshop, or so i've been told. I own photoshop CS3, and that's what i'm using for texturing. I don't know much about gimp but here you take a look, if you want a good soft for free ! :grin:

http://www.gimp.org/

Hope that helps.

If I got a texture file that is 512x512 pixels, can I make it ( just scale it like in Photoscape or something ) to 1024x1024 to make it more HD, or will it screw up the texture and make it impossible to be...realised aka simply will be fuc*ed up hardly

Someone please answer asap :smile:

A small project i had before i joined the team was to make uniforms from scratch but it's too hard for me. So i tried to make hats and shakos and succeeded in making one completely from nothng and texturing it myself.

It's a french shako of course :p ! Basically i looked at photos of shako and noticed that those ingame seems a bit taller than the originals. Models ingame are already great, still, for my own experience i wanted to make one myself and so here it is. Making a good skin needs good normal map and specular map but i think mine are not so ugly in the end.

Goal is not really to replace anything in the module for now, just to use the texture tricks and such to finish improvements over uniforms, but the model might become a good base for later. I'm particularily proud of the smooth leather effects and the visor texture also :p ! I figured it would be nice to have advice or comment over this as it may improve shako look, not only for french either.
newshakob.png

newshakoc.png

newshako.png
C02145C4224468A7C355C29FE44E698916A32F56

CEFBF179728D3D9AB1A38A723F3C0E21E46E3B2E

CD4C3DEACB74BBEDE213CD5A57680AF6436A2AA3
Ingame look is not as good as it should, because i'm not using AA and texture size is tuned on, thus reducing texture sharpness/quality in the process, but i can't se DXT5 with 2048*2048 ingame or it would probably kill fps no ? I don't know much about the resources used by textures etc, but i know it has 4 times the size of a vanilla texture, so it would be very space consuming when installing ...

Agovic said:
If I got a texture file that is 512x512 pixels, can I make it ( just scale it like in Photoscape or something ) to 1024x1024 to make it more HD, or will it screw up the texture and make it impossible to be...realised aka simply will be fuc*ed up hardly

Someone please answer asap :smile:

You can, but it won't make a difference. You will just be stretching pixels, and once the texture is applied, the pixels are shrunk again and so it looks the same. The only difference is you'll be using 4x as much ram to do it. Better to redo the texture.

Back
Top Bottom