OSP Code MP Poll and admin enhancements for mod creators (updated for 1.126)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I've been back for nearly a week now, and I still I haven't got around to updating this to the latest version and adding a few more fixes and improvements I have in mind... been busy working on another mod. Once I do, the first posts will be updated with the latest "diffs" to apply to the module system; if you don't want to apply the changes to your mod, but rather make a few changes to a full module system with "PollMod" already applied, I can release that too. The reason diffs are good is that they can be applied to later versions of the module system and probably still work, and are best for applying to other big mods.

It is possible that the 1.127 test version would work with 1.131 executables, but it's more likely that the game would do strange things due to new global variable ids clashing. I did intend to update this to the latest version weeks ago, but I have been side tracked by other modding projects... though it shouldn't take long to do, so I should probably try to find the time.

Vornne said:
It is possible that the 1.127 test version would work with 1.131 executables, but it's more likely that the game would do strange things due to new global variable ids clashing. I did intend to update this to the latest version weeks ago, but I have been side tracked by other modding projects... though it shouldn't take long to do, so I should probably try to find the time.

By no means am I trying to rush you, I'm just curious on the status of updating it to 1.131. Like pretty much everyone else has said, this seems like a fantastic tool to make admin's lives much easier.

Ahh yes  :???:  my M&B modding time has pretty much been all taken up by work on a different mod (interesting stuff too), meaning that this project has been neglected; I thought I would get back to it after getting most of the other project done, but that could take a while. Might be best to just set aside a few hours to update and release the latest unreleased version - I now know of potential problems with how I've done it, and was going to try fix them some time, but a possibly buggy version is better than nothing at all.

I updated it last night, which was easy, then tested it: half the things were broken for some reason (some of them are new or done a bit differently), so I'll need to spend a bit of time testing and fixing it up again.

This is quite awesome.

If you have time/motivation, will you be implementing a maximum ping limit? I found out there's a command player_get_ping which you could use.

I hadn't thought about doing it. The basic feature shoud be quite easy to script, but I don't know if all server admins would want it - or what value to use; meaning that I'd need to add a bunch of extra stuff so it could be setup from the server console or admin panel. Or else I could just post a script separately, so admins can combine and build it themselves.

Not totally; though it would be a simple job to just use the scripts in the first post with 1.132, changing any id numbers that clash with new native stuff. I could just post the latest code - which is supposed to be compatable with native, unmodified clients - but some of the main features are broken, which wouldn't be of use to anyone except people making their own mods, who could try to fix it. I should get around to fixing it eventually, but I'm a bit busier these days... there are now other admin mods around, which may implement the features you want, at least for now.

Vornne said:
Not totally; though it would be a simple job to just use the scripts in the first post with 1.132, changing any id numbers that clash with new native stuff. I could just post the latest code - which is supposed to be compatable with native, unmodified clients - but some of the main features are broken, which wouldn't be of use to anyone except people making their own mods, who could try to fix it. I should get around to fixing it eventually, but I'm a bit busier these days... there are now other admin mods around, which may implement the features you want, at least for now.

Ah, ok. That other Admin mod has no module files released or codes, so its kind of worthless for everyone who makes his own mod or has changed Native with the MS. Else I will try to repair some, or wait when the full package is working again :wink:.

Yes, this is old, but no, this is not unimportant.

I tried implementing this in a 1.134 mod and it worked quite well after changing a few constants, but when you write an admin message, after a few letters (amount changes), the "give gold" presentation appears. Anybody having an idea why?  :razz:

I'm guessing "give gold" is a custom presentation you added? In that case, typing in a text box doesn't block other triggers using key_pressed from running - I forget whether it is a new problem in warband or it's always been that way, and I couldn't find the report on the tracker that I vaguely remember - so in PW I've added checks to every custom control trigger to make sure no text input presentations are active, like this:
Code:
  ("cf_no_input_presentation_active",
   [(neg|is_presentation_active, "prsnt_multiplayer_get_poll_question"),
    (neg|is_presentation_active, "prsnt_multiplayer_get_admin_message"),
    ]),
Code:
multiplayer_admin_message_stored_player = (
  0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_f11),(call_script, "script_cf_no_input_presentation_active")], [
Also, make sure to use the overlay_obtain_focus operation for text boxes (added in a later warband version than 1.126) so players don't have to click the text box before typing, like this:
Code:
(overlay_obtain_focus, "$g_presentation_obj_get_poll_question_1"),
(overlay_obtain_focus, "$g_presentation_obj_get_admin_message_1"),
I should really update the code some time; but the latest stuff is in PW 4, which is an almost total rewrite of the module system, with a general chat message system for many types, so it would need quite a bit of work to make it native compatible again.

Darwin said:
Yes, this is old, but no, this is not unimportant.

I tried implementing this in a 1.134 mod and it worked quite well after changing a few constants, but when you write an admin message, after a few letters (amount changes), the "give gold" presentation appears. Anybody having an idea why?  :razz:

Hmm, maybe I should give it a go then one time.

Back
Top Bottom