Please help, can't change settings without CTD

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, been havin this problem for like a month, tried to do several reinstallings, and removals of rgl_config files to no avail. I don't know what else to do. The game crashes whenever I change a graphical setting (typical "Warband stopped working..."msg) whether it's in the startup launcher or in-game settings menu. I'm forced to play with default settings (60fps, low graphics) in the meantime. Any help?

you play through steam? Did you remove it completely manually? What did you already try? Specs? How are we supposed to fix things if we don't know anything.

randomguy369 said:
you play through steam? Did you remove it completely manually? What did you already try? Specs? How are we supposed to fix things if we don't know anything.

Your reading comprehension is really lacking, it takes a special kind of stupid to miss what's written in just TWO lines.

Dawnut said:
randomguy369 said:

Your reading comprehension is really lacking, it takes a special kind of stupid to miss what's written in just TWO lines.
You told us nothing, not if you play through steam or how you deleted your game, which specs you have. So maybe explain more and don't try to fit everything in two lines and try to outsmart someone who is trying to help you. But anyways it seems like you don't want my help and you can search for somebody else helping you. Have a nice day.

Btw look in your config file for once, you can change it without entering the game.

Dawnut, you mean where the game crashes if you even TOUCH the settings, or any buttons, for that matter?

I think I had this happen to me in WFAS, can't change settings without a crash. I first noticed it when my multiplayer avatar was displayed in low-graphics glory. After the first time (where the game could boot up) after that the play button made the game crash, so I was almost thrust into the verify files and uninstall buttons, which I REALLY did not want to do as I had a few years' worth of modding work for captain-coop for myself.

It was a few years ago and I think I fixed it by deleting all mods other than native, because my foolish self copy pasted the native module into the modules folder (what I should have done: put it in a backups folder), since I was experimenting with troop trees and didn't want any irreversible game breaking changes, so there were 2 natives in the same folder. :facepalm:

Try the tech support bible if the game keeps crashing, (I wasn't even sure what actually fixed it for myself) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107644.0.html

randomguy369 said:
Dawnut said:
randomguy369 said:

You told us nothing, not if you play through steam or how you deleted your game, which specs you have. So maybe explain more and don't try to fit everything in two lines and try to outsmart someone who is trying to help you. But anyways it seems like you don't want my help and you can search for somebody else helping you. Have a nice day.

Btw look in your config file for once, you can change it without entering the game.

I was in a bad mood, I'm sorry for any rudeness.

Woyeyeh said:
Dawnut, you mean where the game crashes if you even TOUCH the settings, or any buttons, for that matter?

I think I had this happen to me in WFAS, can't change settings without a crash. I first noticed it when my multiplayer avatar was displayed in low-graphics glory. After the first time (where the game could boot up) after that the play button made the game crash, so I was almost thrust into the verify files and uninstall buttons, which I REALLY did not want to do as I had a few years' worth of modding work for captain-coop for myself.

It was a few years ago and I think I fixed it by deleting all mods other than native, because my foolish self copy pasted the native module into the modules folder (what I should have done: put it in a backups folder), since I was experimenting with troop trees and didn't want any irreversible game breaking changes, so there were 2 natives in the same folder. :facepalm:

Try the tech support bible if the game keeps crashing, (I wasn't even sure what actually fixed it for myself) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107644.0.html

Thanks a lot man I'll have to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom