Please change the dye colours for the Northern (or Eastern/"southern") empire. They are way too similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Did you ever let the game time pass more than a few months in Warband? There was no way you could tell the difference after enough defections created mixed indistinguishable armies. I was hoping they would find a way force lords to only field troops of the faction they were currently part of but this color scheme is definitely better than nothing, if only they could get the Empire faction cloth to match the shield colors.
I played over 1200+ hours of Warband (probably half-again as much in WSE-enabled mods, so those aren't counted on my Steam stats) and the one-color banners don't confuse me at all. The sides are colored by factional affiliation, regardless of culture. It is difficult to imagine ways they could make it even easier.

This was difficult in Warband once lords started defecting, or in mods like Gekokujo where armor designs were similar or the same between factions.

I've played warband for over 2000 hours. I wasn't talking about defections, yeah defections made a mess but in bannerlord it gets confusing even in early game and its boring seeing every lord in same colours, only problem with warband is the defections but mods solved that with making lords change culture depending on their factions. I was hoping for a similar approach before the release of bannerlord.

Then everyone just looks identical? just lots of brown leather and beige cloth lol.

So instead it should look like a tye-dye rave? You have icons to help you tell who is who. There is no need for anyone gambling about in fuchsia or chartreuse. It looks unrealistic and silly. There should be an option to turn off faction cloth colorization.

So instead it should look like a tye-dye rave? You have icons to help you tell who is who. There is no need for anyone gambling about in fuchsia or chartreuse. It looks unrealistic and silly. There should be an option to turn off faction cloth colorization.

So you would rather have to turn on those annoying floating circles?
I think that looks even more unrealistic and silly. An option, sure. Just don't force it.

How about using the banner mod? That helps a lot since you can see the color differences more clearly as well as banner sigils.ilianmeiss I am afraid he's beyond help but quite funny sorry bro XD

Dude imagine how being colour blind feels like i lost 250 influence cause i raided a northern empire village while being at war with the southern.

Well, you don't need to be colorblind to not be able to distinguish them in battle based on clothing color. The Southern Empire clothing color need to start using the same colors as their shield.

I dont mind the balloons that much - although they do occlude vision to the point that sniping with a bow is impossible if anyone is in front of you - even if you're mounted.

But the battles are a little drab compared to the earlier games, and while I love the massive number of troops in a siege battle, I'll be damned if I know which of them are mine. Are my lieutenants on the field? Which of that mob of blue are mine? That mob of blue which is slightly different from the mob of purple? Old M&B, I knew exactly who was who, because my guys had their own colors and heraldry, and there wasnt any confusion over who was who. I've praised TaleWorlds for not reinventing the wheel, but this is an exception to that praise. It werent broke, dont go fixing it.

Alternately, you make it cultural. The Imperials all have the same, but slightly different, shade of purple, because they're fantasy Rome, with each empire saying "No! I'm the real emperor!". The Battainians, however, being more a mob of screaming fantasy Picts, has far more diversity in their color scheme, and may therefore occationally fight friends by accident. As Pratchett put it: "On the other hand the Nac Mac Feegle were always looking for a fight, in a cheerful sort of way, and when they had no one to fight they fought one another, and if one was all by himself he’d kick his own nose just to keep in practice."

Alternately, you make it cultural. The Imperials all have the same, but slightly different, shade of purple, because they're fantasy Rome, with each empire saying "No! I'm the real emperor!". The Battainians, however, being more a mob of screaming fantasy Picts, has far more diversity in their color scheme, and may therefore occationally fight friends by accident. As Pratchett put it: "On the other hand the Nac Mac Feegle were always looking for a fight, in a cheerful sort of way, and when they had no one to fight they fought one another, and if one was all by himself he’d kick his own nose just to keep in practice."
I think they’re supposed to be Byzantine; Eastern Rome

I think they’re supposed to be Byzantine; Eastern Rome

Its a close fit to the Tetriarchy of the 3rd century CE, which was two empires, three emperors - a primary one and two sort of executive emperors. This doesnt last, though the idea of co-emperor does until Rome's "official" fall in the 400s. Its at that point that Rome most closely matches the overall political map of Caladria - lots of former barbarian states that are suddenly resurgent, eating away at the bloated empire bit by bit, until there are only fragments left.

That said, there is an argument for Byzantium after Constantinople was sacked - there were three successor empires, along with civil wars, and the expensive armors look more like they're based on this period rather than earlier - the sort of thing that would have been worn starting at the 5th century CE to about the 10th century. A lot of the stuff the sea raiders and Battanians wear, for instance, looks a lot like what the Varangians wore; who were for-hire praetorian guards everywhere from Constantiople to Kiev, but originiated in Scandinavia.

Back
Top Bottom