Please Change How You Gain Leadership

Users who are viewing this thread

the only reliable way i know is that once ur a lord of a kingdom, spawn another party with ur companion and give them recruits only and just force them to march with you forever. It cripples your map speed tho. I do agree there should be another way to grind this without going thru this kind of length.

There also seems to be a little bit of Leadership XP gained from recruiting troops. But it's very little; just an occasional "surprise" point once in a while. Certainly not a useful way to reliably level the skill. Unless you just hire and fire troops all the time repeatedly for that one purpose (don't know for sure if that would function...haven't tried). Which would just be silly.

ATM it's almost impossible to get, especially early on in the game. Getting the amount of morale you need is only really achievable by winning big battles.
the only reliable way i know is that once ur a lord of a kingdom, spawn another party with ur companion and give them recruits only and just force them to march with you forever. It cripples your map speed tho. I do agree there should be another way to grind this without going thru this kind of length.
There also seems to be a little bit of Leadership XP gained from recruiting troops. But it's very little; just an occasional "surprise" point once in a while. Certainly not a useful way to reliably level the skill. Unless you just hire and fire troops all the time repeatedly for that one purpose (don't know for sure if that would function...haven't tried). Which would just be silly.
You get alot of leadership by leading an army, you dont have to have your own kingdome to do it, and while it does slow you down, it nets you ALOT of leadership comparativly. the reason it slows you is due to the other armies compisitions. If they have alot of footmen, you will be slow, while if you got armies with lots of cav or cav archers, you will be faster then the alternative. I do agree there should be more ways to do it... winning a fight with low losses, Winning seiges or winning seige defences should net you leadership AND tactics XP

If they have alot of footmen, you will be slow, while if you got armies with lots of cav or cav archers, you will be faster then the alternative.

Hmm...I can't put horses in companion party inventory to help footman speed...but I suppose one strategy might be to put all the cav in a companion party while keeping all the inf/ranged in my own party with high horse inventory. Obviously not applicable for an independent companion party (mainly because no way am I going to trust that idiot with my precious Banner Knights, lol), just for army use only. Might experiment with that tonight.

Hmm...I can't put horses in companion party inventory to help footman speed...but I suppose one strategy might be to put all the cav in a companion party while keeping all the inf/ranged in my own party with high horse inventory. Obviously not applicable for an independent companion party (mainly because no way am I going to trust that idiot with my precious Banner Knights, lol), just for army use only. Might experiment with that tonight.
to be honest i might be wrong . i do know for fact when i lead armies as part of a faction my leadership began climbing rather fast, in a couple hours it went from like.. 9 to above 30. Also if you are lacking stewardship. Put your clan role as quartermaste and camp out in a town for a little while. mine got in the upwards of 70 and was still increasing daily

You get alot of leadership by leading an army, you dont have to have your own kingdome to do it, and while it does slow you down, it nets you ALOT of leadership comparativly. the reason it slows you is due to the other armies compisitions. If they have alot of footmen, you will be slow, while if you got armies with lots of cav or cav archers, you will be faster then the alternative. I do agree there should be more ways to do it... winning a fight with low losses, Winning seiges or winning seige defences should net you leadership AND tactics XP
If you have spare horses for the compnaions infantry they get a movement speed bonus. In some files i keep like 300 horses in my inventory just for this. But i dont wanna give my compnaions good units since i cant trust them to not suicide when i break off with them.

If you have spare horses for the compnaions infantry they get a movement speed bonus. In some files i keep like 300 horses in my inventory just for this. But i dont wanna give my compnaions good units since i cant trust them to not suicide when i break off with them.
This is true , playing wwarband tuaght me that. made one of my companions a vassle nad they charge head first into a enemy mass of lords and ... yeaaah

I have started gaining minor increase in leadership after maintaining 80+ morale..wasn't gaining even a single point at around 70 morale.
Joined as a mercenary and fighting smaller lords parties to keep sufficient food variety and winning rate for high morale

I have started gaining minor increase in leadership after maintaining 80+ morale..wasn't gaining even a single point at around 70 morale.
Joined as a mercenary and fighting smaller lords parties to keep sufficient food variety and winning rate for high morale
Thats one wya to do it... i never get my moral above 68..... Wish you could go to taverns nad increase morale there like you could in warband

The skill feels like it levels up decently fast when you're a vassal/king and leading armies. But I rarely find myself even gaining a single point when I'm independent/merc.

The skill feels like it levels up decently fast when you're a vassal/king and leading armies. But I rarely find myself even gaining a single point when I'm independent/merc.
Yeah the easiest ways to lvl leadership become available when you become a lord. cuz for some dumb reason as a mercenary clan your not allowed to assemble your clan.

Yeah, for some reasons, leading your own band of men doesn't count at leading..

I know it's Early Access and things are still going to change, but it dismay me how poorly thought out and implemented some of the basic systems are. And some of the changes Taleworlds made does not exactly instill confident. They seem intent to really drag out the early game grind...

Back
Top Bottom