Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to take a face pack to update the appearance of the NPCs/you on this mod?  I tried to integrate some new faces, but I could get it to work together with Native Expansion.

If there ever is an update to this, re-done faces would be appreciated.  I love everything about this mod, but if my face looked a little better it would be nice. :/

sorry for bad english
Re: Player Suggestions
Decrease distance of "someone joined on your/enemy side", as it has absurdly huge radius.
With "spotting 2", at daytime, lords parties already fading at distance, but hey, we'll join your skirmish with that few bandits anyway, declining you profits and XPs.
I'm playing v0.610b3.

Also, complex feature about this - Tactics skill increase distance for friendly parties that can join your combats and decrease it for enemy.
AKA friendlies can join from afar, and enemy should be real close to be able to interfere your assault.

Even more complex, and i'm in doubt that game can handle such solutions, but anyway - with default radius, when others join your fights, of X, let's say "Tactics 10" make it X*2, and you are able to choose 1 to join you from friendly parties within X*2 (but not within X) for every 2 points of, dunno, pathfinding (?) and for every 2 points of Tracking you can decline 1 enemy party to interfere within same radius.
Logic behind this - send scouts to show friendlies the way to join your assault, and to mess with tracks and roadways (f*** up bridges, fall trees at forest glades), so enemy can't made it in time to interfere.

For starters, whenever a lady ask you to duel their monarch, and you win, you usually go back to the lady and finish the quest, she says that the monarch is even more popular and you get a Geroian Sword. I was thinking that you guys could implement a chance of the monarch losing popularity if you beat them, or if they give you a gift, could it be a different weapon or peice of armor for each monarch?
I just thought it would add some variety to the game, the weapon or armor doesn't necessarily have to be all new, since that would take some time to model and texture, but just something already pretty good in the game but with a masterwork or lordly prefix.

Why are some bows, like war bows, not usable on horseback? It makes sense for a crossbow, but for a bow, its not like you use the ground for leverage, any chance you guys could change that?

But said:
Why are some bows, like war bows, not usable on horseback? It makes sense for a crossbow, but for a bow, its not like you use the ground for leverage, any chance you guys could change that?

which bows aren't horseback usable?

it could be to simulate that they are so huge they wouldn't be feasible on horseback, i don't know. i don't recall any.

soulmata said:
But said:

which bows aren't horseback usable?

it could be to simulate that they are so huge they wouldn't be feasible on horseback, i don't know. i don't recall any.
The Vaegir war bow and vaegir long bow both arent usable on horseback, I dont think it makes any sense, huge bows also wouldnt make sense since (Speaking as a hobby archer myself) the string tension can make up for the small size.

Sugestion.

1-Tournements give armor/weapons/horse rewards.
2-Sidequest to companion (maybe)
3-Sprint
4-SOme kind of pre battle tactics (something like the pre-battle order in  light&darkness mod will be awsome)
5-remove the eloped girl quest (worst quest in all games)
6-increaase the cattle speed
7-Change prisoneer/inventory menagement to party skill instead leader
8-pathfinding give 4% bonus instead 3%
9-Let us chose or troops equipments in the troops list (like a equip vaegir bowmans with a bow and 3 arrows)
10- Add prefix in equipments in citys weaponsmith and armorer.
11-Rest in towns increase health regen
12-The guildmaster show you a list o quest to you do instead ramdom.
13-Let you capture the first hideout (the one in the starter quest) to use like a place to garrison troops.

Hi,i think there is a logical error at the sarranid troops.the ottoman empire was founded in 1299.but the game is 1257.the logical error is that the sarranid troops(they are mamluks not ottoman)includes jannisarries,beys and all that stuff is ottomanic.they are not sarranian.jannisarries wasn't even at ottomans until its 14th century.please just fix this.

BJAKilla said:
Hi,i think there is a logical error at the sarranid troops.the ottoman empire was founded in 1299.but the game is 1257.the logical error is that the sarranid troops(they are mamluks not ottoman)includes jannisarries,beys and all that stuff is ottomanic.they are not sarranian.jannisarries wasn't even at ottomans until its 14th century.please just fix this.

if you want historical consistency, mount & blade is not the game for you. for a thousand reasons.  if flavor names that are useful for identifying soldiers is a deal breaker for you, you're welcome to grab the source and make whatever changes you want to your own game.

Arqueirox said:
5-remove the eloped girl quest (worst quest in all games)

I also really disliked this quest from the beginning.

I didn't remove it, but I did make it so that now, if you have at least 3 persuasion, you can just tell the Village Elder to not chase her, and you get instant resolution (smaller rep gain, but no rep loss with the other village, and you don't have to murder anyone).

It might not have any effect on gameplay but I'd really like to see gender variants of titles. It's kind of jarring having cultural titles only for the men and all the women just called lady.

Would like to see brothels added to towns and perhaps some castles to increase morale.

would increase party morale but decrease your renown and honor by a small amount

also, having more books would be cute

Greater encumbrance penalty

Kagos said:
It might not have any effect on gameplay but I'd really like to see gender variants of titles. It's kind of jarring having cultural titles only for the men and all the women just called lady.

Are you referring to the noble ladies you find in courts, or soldiers?  The former is certainly feasible. The latter should already be pretty flavorful.

soulmata said:
Kagos said:

Are you referring to the noble ladies you find in courts, or soldiers?  The former is certainly feasible. The latter should already be pretty flavorful.
The former. I love how (in my modded game) the thegn of a village becomes recognized as a new jarl when awarded a city.  But then I talk to his mother and sister and they're both simply called lady, the same as a Swadian or Sarranid woman. It'd be really cool to see dynamic titles for them as well, or at least cultural variation. I'm just not sure how to script it in my own game.

Actually, come to think of it, where do the .py files go in a module? I looked up the module editor but I don't see any examples in any mods. Also, I edited the Dark Knights titles to make them English but they're still showing up in the characters menu with the vanilla terms. Does that update when they spawn? I hope you don't mind the questions and thank you for all the great work on the mod.

1. Fief Assignment while helping a claimant.

I've tested this on native and several mods:

In native and native expansion [Beta], when you conquered a town/castle for a claimant, a dialogue window will pop up forcing you to assign the newly conquered town/castle to any character of your rebel faction, including yourself or your claimant.

However, any villages associated with that town will also go to that person automatically; there is no option to give a given town/castle to one person and the villages associated with it to other people. There doesn't seem to have any option to reassign them later even if you choose to assign them all to yourself or claimant initially.

In the Diplomacy mod, there in an additional dialogue option added to that window allowing the fief to be assigned later. Then the new fiefs can be assigned seperately by going to party screen - talk to the claimant - assign each fief individually to different people.

2. Fief exchange
I don't remember which mod does this (diplomacy?), but I remember a mod from a few years back where as a vassal, you can swap your fief with the fief of another vassal of your faction, as long as your fief is of equal lower prosperity/value. This would make managing fiefs much easier by consolidating them close to one another.

It would be nice if we can have those two function in the mod.

Here is a noob suggestion: :smile:

Instead of going hostile against a random faction to get your first fief or joining factions and revolting against it to start your new kingdom, if a solo player is without fiefs & ties to any faction, and when he is powerful enough (minimum 300 renown; for example), one of the companions will give a player a quest by telling him "while on my adventure I saw this fortress occupied by bandits.." and so the player can go find and conquer this normal castle (which can be randomly generated on the map like bandit hideouts did) and use it as a starting base of operation for his kingdom! Then once that fortress reached over average prosperity, other faction's ruler will declare war to attempt to get it (kinda like a faction ruler making threats sometimes demanding certain castles from the player or face a war with them).

there's a third method, which is to tell your king you are leaving and taking your properties. with high enough rep, he won't declare on you (you will need more than 50 rep I believe).

but yeah, going solo is much tougher in warband.

one thing i thought about doing once was making it possible for fiefs to rebel, the same as player fiefs can, or perhaps even lords rebel to an independent faction, which the player could take on.

yah i love doing solo in warband :smile: in my games I went for female commoner so I can start out with nothing and start building up to unify Soulmata's lands!

Back
Top Bottom