Playable Creatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtheHun

Sergeant Knight
I didn't find any topic about the ingame usage of custom creatures, so I started one. First, I have to say a great thanks to mtarini for the OpenBRF editor. With the help of it I have modified the native human skeleton and made a nightelf.

nightelf05.png

warcraft001k.jpg

warcraft002.jpg

The new skeleton works fine with the custom bodyparts and armor, but if I want to make her playable, or just to be a party NPC, tournament is a problem. There she automaticaly picks up tournament armors, they aren't fit her skeleton.

My questions are:

- Are there any mod that has custom skelton for player characters, and solved this problem? If not, wich *.py needs to be tinkered?
- Is it possible to change two handed weapon stances - because the rescaled arms -, or to change walking/running just for this race, and keep the original ones for humans?

My coding knowledge is very limited, so any hint is welcome. If you have your own working creature with custom skeleton - not just rescaled native body parts - please, let me see it. 

Hi there,
I have made Giants, Minotaurs, Dwarves etc with custom skeletons.
Im afraid I can't help you as I have the same issue.
I imagine the tounament armour problem could be fixed by having a code that checks if the player's race is blah blah and assigns them a different armour.
About the custom animations, I think you can not have different races with different animations.

Easy peasy to fix this.

Open up the module system, open module_scripts and find the script that deals with armor distribution for tournaments. Put all of it in a try block (before the code put "(try_begin)," and after the code put "(else_try)," and then copy the code and paste it under else_try, and at the end of what you just pasted put "(try_end),". Now underneath (try_begin), put these lines:

(this_or_next|eq, "trp_player",tf_male),
(eq,"trp_player",tf_female),

That should work for the player only. If you want to have it work for NPCs etc, just try_for_agents should work.

If you encounter any troubles then check my thread. The troop list gets scrambled so the easiest fix is to make a new temp_array, give it the scrambled troops from game_menu.py, then test (as above) the troops from temp_array in the set_items_for_tournament script and assign i_ep the gear.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,79705.0.html

I will dig myself into these tournament scripts. Another idea was to make a nightelf key for armors. Some Native clothes have female keys, maybe it's possible to give them a second key for the new race. It would be good to make some loot race free.
Hands will be out of mesh during 2H stances without new animations, but that's not really sensible when she fights. 

Thanks for the help!  :smile:   

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom