Planetside 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Punishment said:
300 certs down, only 200 more to go for my second C4.

Then i can actually kill a entire vehicle by myself.
You could have just bought AT mines.  Only a 0.5sec arming time, they persist after you die, two blow a Sundy no problem, they come with two right out of the box, and equipping them makes you invisible to anyone at, near, or spawning from a Sunderer. 

Merentha said:
Punishment said:
300 certs down, only 200 more to go for my second C4.

Then i can actually kill a entire vehicle by myself.
You could have just bought AT mines.  Only a 0.5sec arming time, they persist after you die, two blow a Sundy no problem, they come with two right out of the box, and equipping them makes you invisible to anyone at, near, or spawning from a Sunderer.

AT mines arent availeble for Medics  :cry:

I have these very specific drops in framerate. I'll play with a good framerate for 20 seconds, then drop to about 1-5 fps for another 20 seconds. I can "deal" with it by alt tabbing out and back in twice, that'll bring the framerate back up to 30-60, but will still drop down again after 20 seconds and start the thing over again.

Wellenbrecher said:
Judas bought this amazing bombardment cannon for his Lib. I blew apart a group of at least ten to fifteen NC gathering on Flashs :lol:

ah, I can imagine all of them were in teamspeak and can imagine their rage on mics afterwards.

Scully said:
I have these very specific drops in framerate. I'll play with a good framerate for 20 seconds, then drop to about 1-5 fps for another 20 seconds. I can "deal" with it by alt tabbing out and back in twice, that'll bring the framerate back up to 30-60, but will still drop down again after 20 seconds and start the thing over again.
You probably have a scalonoptic or disivative issue with your ALU.

Give it to me straight doc, how much time do I have?

I did find this on the internets. It's basically what I have.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/random-fps-drops-in-big-battles-or-solo.58618/

This seems to have fixed it:
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/performance-boost-how-to-play-planetside-2-with-the-best-fps-guide.55017/

SKyguard? Useless waste of certs.
AA Base Turrets? 2 of them can't kill a Liberator, they overheat before that. In fact, they are so innacurate you can't hit a Liberator flying at nearly max altitude, while it can hit you. Of course, don't even try hitting a fighter not coming at you in a straight route. Heavies and tanks are going to attack you too.
AA Max? Extremely expensive, 2 of them to kill a fighter with a noob pilot, anyone else will fly away, still need another engi and a sunderer. So... like double players and resources.
Use a fighter to fight their aircraft? Good luck, you need to empty your gun about 4 times just to a kill another fighter (and he can't dodge ****). A damn fighter has more armor than a lighting.

/rant

Danath said:
SKyguard? Useless waste of certs.
AA Base Turrets? 2 of them can't kill a Liberator, they overheat before that. In fact, they are so innacurate you can't hit a Liberator flying at nearly max altitude, while it can hit you. Of course, don't even try hitting a fighter not coming at you in a straight route. Heavies and tanks are going to attack you too.
AA Max? Extremely expensive, 2 of them to kill a fighter with a noob pilot, anyone else will fly away, still need another engi and a sunderer. So... like double players and resources.
Use a fighter to fight their aircraft? Good luck, you need to empty your gun about 4 times just to a kill another fighter (and he can't dodge ****). A damn fighter has more armor than a lighting.

/rant
Get 4 AA MAXs together and make your area a no-fly zone.  Bursters have great synergy with other bursters in a way that air doesn't have.  AA Base turrets and skyguards need major buffs, I agree.  IMO, turrets (of all types) should be much, much more powerful, to the point where taking them down is a Big Deal in terms of attacking a base.  Like taking down a mini-generator. They need major buffs across the board, especially to their health.  (If possible, I'd like them to have the same amount of health in relation to c4, just to encourage people to play LA and sneak around).

And, think of when you finally do manage to c4 (or hack and kill the operator) the turrets and your allied Libs can surge in and clean everything up.  It'd be glorious. 

Man, Danath, you should've been there yesterday when an NC outfit stoppd our whole zerg.
That'd stop your *****ing about AA MAXs. :razz:
Those bastards were ****ing scary, didn't have a tag though, so no idea who they were.

Also, did you ever try a double Burster MAX? If you time it right and are stationed right, the fighter won't stand a chance, period. Get two or three together and the sky is full of fireworks.
Won't work as well against Liberators, obviously, but I'd say when the best counter to bombers is AA fighters things are right.
I say this as a pilot and as someone who has a double Burster MAX. ****'s awesome.
And of course you need support. If AA was effective without support that'd be a whole new type of imbalance.

Oh and Hibgy said that they want the best counter to air forces to remain a friendly air force, not ground based forces.

Plus, next week they're going to nerf rocket pods and buff flak across the board. AA rockets will be buffed and nerfed at the same time, because you now need to be locked on to fire.
So all AA gets a buff, apart from Skyguards which will remain a piece of **** against everything that won't fly in a straight line :lol:

I still belive the Skyguard counts as Flak and will get buffed also (minor damage buff, projectile speed increase)

24 Certs to go until i get IR optics for my Liberators gunnerseat

For completeness' sake:
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/upcoming-adjustments-to-air-vs-ground-balance.60507/

Lock on Rocket Launchers (AV and AA):
- Range Increase
- Faster reload time (to compensate for lock on time)
- Now require lock on to fire

Flak:
- Minor damage increase
- Projectile speed increase

A30 Walker:
- Buffed Damage
- Faster Projectile

Rocket Pods:
- Decrease to the inner explosion radius: 3m to 1.5m. This is the center of the rocket explosion where the maximum damage occurs, so this will not affect direct hits. Effectively this makes the damage falloff at the center of the rocket pod explosion start closer to the center.

Flak Armor:
- Increase maximum explosion resistance for certed Flak armor from 25% to 50%. This makes Flak armor a more viable choice over Nanoweave for soldiers being attacked with explosives.

Decimator:
- New Heavy Assault common pool rocket launcher. High-damage anti-vehicle weapon, has a slow projectile speed and no lock on, but does massive damage to vehicles and other armored targets.

If it does indeed count as Flak, good.
Even though the best thing anyone can do for the Skyguard at this point would be to double the magazine size...

Rocket pots have been 'slightly  nerfed.

I am pleased

Time to get my second burster arm and shoot all those retarded flyers down, its time for payback.

Im not sure about 50% flak armor though, my c4 is no use to infantry anymore.
And the rocketpod lock on is ****, the new rocket laucher is the only usefull rocket laucher now.

Back
Top Bottom