Phantasy 2018: Slideshow of features

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
current suggested settings for build v136:
3DnFy.jpg
  Besides allowing testers to enable/disable layers of the mod without having to restart or make new savegames,
this build streamlines Guspav's magic within mission_templates, which had a great many routines wasting time such that large battles
were guaranteed to fail.  They still may fail, but the CPU load is reduced. I still suggest trying small battles first, such as battle size = 80, and work your way up from there.  I've always set my slider to 150 and not used battle sizer.  Guspav added a great many more routines compared to 2014, with no care at all about how each new routine affects the battles, and then got into difficulty over the summer.  I can see an issue but it needs many days to straighten out - and could need as much as two of my man weeks, which is a very long time indeed.

There are also corruption issues coming from more than 1 thread using reg0 at the same instant in time, and both receive garbage compared to what they should have gotten in a singly threaded world.  Therefore, go to Warband: configure: advanced: force single threaded mode = ON
Y8akj.jpg

I have one question about flying. How is it different from jumping? I mean, code-wise. Wouldn't it be simpler to make a "big, levitating jump" that could be activated with the press of a button?

imyungdae said:
I have one question about flying. How is it different from jumping? I mean, code-wise. Wouldn't it be simpler to make a "big, levitating jump" that could be activated with the press of a button?

Flying is disabled this build.  The real reason for that is PBOD is grabbing my keys before Flight can see them.  I had everything removed when I made the flight demo, and village_center mission was naked, but then I realized nothing worked if bandits were at the village.  Lets make everything else work in the next month and I'll make flying work.  It was mostly so someone would risk believing in me, despite my poor track record.
Speaking of that, don't quit college to test this, or you'll end up like me.  You don't want that  '_)    So relax and continue school.  This will still be here tomorrow.  I may yet kick its buttocks.  (How is that for changing the subject?)

- GS

I know it's disabled and im not that hyped about flying anyways, i just thought that shouldn't it be made like a big jump? Like when you press space to jump, just longer and higher?

faction report screen with prejudice showing on left column as an experiment:
  first is a Dwarf vassal with mixed elf female and dwarf male and some blazing hand.
  second is a vassal of the Drow but with many human mages (non mercenary variety - mercs are always neutral).
Wk0Gj.jpg
IiHPR.jpg

imyungdae said:
Wow, this is great. More immersion,yay.

I'm guessing by this comment you feel it makes it too easy to guess if your party will be able to enter a strange town.  I should just have passing lords bush wack your party for the insult of having troops with skins they hate, but at least this gives you an idea of if they hate your party or all the lords that ally to you as well, and if lords will jump you in the wild instead of city gates closed.  My apologies if plans to parade a horde of zombies down main street in the Blazing Hand town no longer work, but there is a need for prejudice.  I wanted to remove the rocket science of calculating just how much a place likes or hates your party, which is fairly clear with viewer # 3.  It remains an option for people that weren't sure, and my formula before was penalizing hates twice compared to likes once, which in fact is how prejudice works in a population.  I may have been too technical, but the more real a simulation is, the more immersive.  This view exists for the same reason cheat menu exists -- some people don't want to grind their way up to a distant town only to find the doors shut.  At least now they can eject one troop and see the numbers change, giving a good idea just how much more they need to change things to get the doors to open.

- GS

Here's an example where the faction viewer 'with Prejudice" shows something less expected:
3r7fk.jpg
  that is an orc Necromancer with mostly undead and a few mixed companions, with 1 human companion. My party is just barely able to meet requirements to visit the Mageocracy faction.  The red numbers remind me that I'm not welcome in those faction towns or castles, but the text label "indifferent" reminds me that the lords and patrols/scouts won't (auto) attack me if we meet outside the walls, which isn't obvious if there was only a red number.  I thus get two layers of information in one glance.

qAcfK.jpg
  the same as 3 but now I've added some Mageocracy troops. Notice how Sarranids came up to a less hateful reaction to my party.

Here's a typical complaint from Phantasy 2014 addressed:  Mixing humans and undead in the party used to get daily hits on morale, which seldom improved.  This mixed party DOES take morale hits -- but they are adjusted by percent of the party that isnt undead, and the party size takes less of a hit from undead, as only the skeletons and zombies contribute HALF each to the morale drop from party size, allowing necromancers bigger parties.    This lets the morale be treated by diverse foods and drinks, including all the new food and drink types.  Foods or drinks only add morale effects ONCE per item type, so having 8 breads in inventory only adds the bread morale effect ONCE. If I hand you 8 loaves of bread, and tell you -- "eat up, this is all you get for lunch", will YOU thank me 8 times as much?  Or will you ask for cheese, some meat, some drink, and so on before you're happy with my generous meal offer?  Why would you dog your people any less than that?  Well now you have a good reason to treat your people right.  After all, its not easy having a zombie next to you in battle... especially if the party necro summoned them from your own parties dead yesterday...
UJ_4d.jpg
PaEax.jpg
lUbqF.jpg

and now, returning to the Orc Necromancer who picked up a second class as a Mage (and can now summon AND cast spells):
notice how hiring too many of the mageocracy troops changed relations so can visit human cities BUT NOT the evil cities (and not blazing hand, the elves, or dwarves)
0HpE9.jpg
PdvVB.jpg

this little fix for the "M" button to support dual class and with player liches, tri-class took a surprisingly long time to get working:
_qvwd.jpg
UuosO.jpg

multi-class may involve up to 3 classes at once right now, or 4 with player lich, so some of the alternate classes need to move so that regardless of which is "second" class and which "third class" etc all of them cannot overlap. This required some changes in how this is laid out...
5H1YS.jpg
SOaEO.jpg

This is cute but Guspav only has this presentation actually DO something useful for Mages, Paladins and Clerics, where it opens their spell books.
I'm expecting this was meant to be the starting place for special abilities, like bard songs in combat or ranger spells or something, but the M key presentation was plagued by multi class showing on top of each other.

As for Druids/Rangers, right now there isn't a convenient method set up to tell between say Shaman spells, Druid spells, or Cleric spells.  They right now would all be dumped into one table, with line item filtering keeping the spellbook from looking identical, as is done now for Paladins.
This is something that requires probably some more extensions to handle smoothly...

gsanders said:
this little fix for the "M" button to support dual class and with player liches, tri-class took a surprisingly long time to get working:
_qvwd.jpg
UuosO.jpg

So...this means i can be a necromage? Yay <3
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

imyungdae said:
gsanders said:
_qvwd.jpg
UuosO.jpg

So...this means i can be a necromage? Yay <3
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One of my test cases already is.  So when someone tells me "Dude, Necromancers suck, I can't do stuff lolz", I'm like what, I haven't done anything for you lately?  Not only does multi class work, but at least the M key isn't tangled.  It doesnt really DO much, but you can read it now.  Click on the Mage and it opens the mage spell book.  I'm still working on multi-class (anything) && Cleric, but once one case works solving the next case is much faster.  This silly M key wasted like 90 minutes time. 

I still have to debug multi-class with clerics, but now that one case is working the other cases will be faster to solve.
See two posts up.

LordCanute prompted me to do something about the terrible scenes in Phantasy 2017 -- Guspav's scenes were very "Native"
  He had a list of things I should go fetch and neeeds a number of .brf resources made, all of which take time and all of which might need weeks before he sees.  It's THAT far out of my normal bandwidth, to be screwing around with OpenBRF.  He'll probably get it, but every second doing that means some coding issue isn't getting done, so it will wait... and wait... and wait.  Which means the scenes he wanted to make wait, too.

But here's something that DOESN'T have to wait, in that I can slam dunk it after 90 minutes (or less) effort. So I did so, and...
from  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/2239/?

comes these:
w9v7s.jpg
qae_c.jpg
h_chE.jpg
C0snM.jpg
2Ty8h.jpg
A4Un2.jpg
E-lwt.jpg

The scenes (and strategic map) go "really dark" with [HDR mode enabled] at night time and look nice in the daytime.
I'll have them in next patch, but they make the patch file large.  I'll probably break this out into a separate patch  that can be applied immediately so that code patches can resume being tiny.

This is already in the patch folder as  patch_scenes_resource_textures.7z  and is 63.9 MB in size, decompressing to 210 MB in size, including scene backups for just the overwritten scenes.

some battles (day and night):
ywXZV.jpg
WRA4_.jpg
FILbP.jpg

Wife as a Companion:
i2-Lv.jpg
KQ66-.jpg
KPgSp.jpg
kN2z8.jpg
gVTdR.jpg
GPU13.jpg
nKKj9.jpg
3pd2u.jpg
F00CJ.jpg
kQviD.jpg
9GQaB.jpg

3klcq.jpg

I should check the spelling for mod CWE, I'm sure its spelled incorrectly.
  We could use a larger credits list, but at least I tried to put something in the mod today.

Drow faces:
zjMxB.jpg
r6jyK.jpg

As discussed in suggestions, it is a serious thing to either be the Lich King's vassal or to rebel against him.  His troop numbers pop up each week from having necromancers, liches, and dark mages in his party, as does his citadel.  Still, if the player actively aids Blazing Hand, he MIGHT be defeated. But it won't be easy...  The big issue for the lich king is much of his army is cannon fodder for a strong cleric force, but the sheer size plus some undead surviving by dodging (skeletons anyway) mean it will be a little harder to steam roll them at night...  By day the skeletons lose weapons proficiencies and only the zombies are unaffected, so that would have to be Blazing Hand's tactics. 
1tiRP.jpg
4zJiF.jpg
-Fx30.jpg

Drow Matriarchy has TWO female lords, for those who tire of asking permission to marry from a relative (and lets face it, who has 20K for dowry money?).  The Queen at least invites female players to become her vassal...
6_iM8.jpg
f2asS.jpg
gqtUR.jpg

Treat them right and MAYBE they won't tie you up and feed you to their pet spiders...
  I SHOULD have something bad happen if you try to cheat alter your relationship with your spouse...

something that probably isn't as exciting to you as it was for me, but today I added a little parser to prepare for auto-generating dynamic resistances by armor type worn and weapon type equipped.  Its also useful for some AI functions later.

pavel, a paladin
AYrEl.jpg

trana, a magic user
YVubz.jpg

weight is in units of grams and the final value in kg, near as I can tell.

Lamellar is a category where I define the object as being less conductive than iron for heat/cold/electricity purposes.
    in drow it comes from the shells of their huge spiders; in elves its a woven rare metal.  Both are light weight and better than usual insulators from magic and electricity, but not as good as leather for electricity and temperature insulation.  Silk would be better than both for magic, but not nearly so effective at stopping acid.  The materials thus can have properties beyond just how they are drawn by Warband; Warband doesn't even have item properties markers for the level of granularity I define.  This "added metadata" is coming from how the items file was sorted some months ago, but this is the first time it's seen why it was sorted as it was, except in accelerating stealth attack determinations and accelerating dodge checks.

picture 1 I am concerned with whether the pommel is metal or wood in terms of being a conductor of electricity or transfer of heat/cold
  picture 2 is correct, as gnarled staff is a special magic weapon outside normal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom