Phalanx Mod Update

Users who are viewing this thread

If an enemy soldier is inside the spear forest and the spearhead cannot hit it, it should not be damaged.
Instead it seems that the collision with the stick is enough to cause damage and knock back.
The knock back should be there and also be marked if the tip of the spear hits the enemy shield (or the enemy itself).
In this case of the shield hitboxes of the TRUE GREATNESS OF THE SHIELD, it would not prevent the enemy from entering the forest of spears to deal some blows, or it would force the phalanx to slightly move back and aim that enemy to bring it back to the right distance.
For the distances seen in the video, between warriors with sword and shield and phalanx, the first line would be massacred because their spears should have no effect on the enemy in front of them, because the tip would be

So the suggestions are:
1) the stick hitbox should not have any effect on the enemy (no damage and no knock back) ... indeed, as a consequence, the attack should fail (like when you hit an ally and you have no friendly fire)
2) The tip hitbox should deal less damage but more knock back.
3) the hitbox of the shields should be REAL and not enlarged, so as not to prevent an enemy soldier from being able to enter to annoy him because an invisible wall stops him.
The hitboxes of the tips of the spears must also be equal to the size of these tips.
4) more space between the units, so as to be able to use more formation files and therefore more spears in such a way as to force the enemy to overcome this repelling wall.
+1

Can anyone confirm if their shields still bow arrows when in the holster? Im playing 1.0.5 for the enhanced battle test and it doesnt block arrows while in the holster.

Added some unequippable pelta shields. My version 1.0.5 doesn't block range but I was told that newer versions do.

You could increase hitstun and knockback.
And remove the damage from the handles.
In this way the phalanx can keep the enemy at a certain distance by means of the greater knock back.
And if an enemy who drops his guard is hit, thanks to the hitstun he risks being hit a second or third time by the other hoplites of the phalanx.
In this way an enemy who is defensive cannot advance, but an enemy who carelessly lowers his shield risks dying.
Only those who enter within range can be a threat.
But if the handles do harm, nobody will come to be a threat.

Clearly my suggestion is only considerable if applicable and this depends on the tools that are made available to you by the game.
I hope my suggestions are useful.

In my opinion, the phalanx must not be a quick formation in eliminating the enemy, but simply a "persistent" formation that does not allow it to approach without caution and if it does, suffering heavy consequences.

A pike formation like the Swiss DID quickly eliminate enemies with shorter weapons though, that's why they were used. To balance them is simple, they are very vulnerable to missile weapons, like the English longbowman showed by shooting apart the Scottish schiltrons that steamrolled their own infantry (even dismounted knights). Especially with vanilla damage models making javelins and arrows OP, a few horse archers or backpeddling javelin or bow troops would make mincemeat out of most pikemen, even well armored ones.

Back
Top Bottom