Petition for regular updates on M&B:Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually, yes, Blizzard's fanbase is dropping and has been for some time now, and it is affecting their finances. :lol:

If anyone here that thinks poor fan service is going to hurt Taleworlds, what exactly do you mean? They have nothing much to show and the release date is in some indefinite 2014 future.
Maybe you'll say that you are out of here and won't wait anymore, but you are likely to come back when they begin to market the new game before the actual release. How does your present indignation (if any) affect their bottomline?

Just for something completely different, am I the only one who's sort of daunted by having to re-make an entire modification for a new game?

MadVader said:
If anyone here that thinks poor fan service is going to hurt Taleworlds, what exactly do you mean? They have nothing much to show and the release date is in some indefinite 2014 future.
Maybe you'll say that you are out of here and won't wait anymore, but you are likely to come back when they begin to market the new game before the actual release. How does your present indignation (if any) affect their bottomline?

It's a bit like those kids/trolls in the pioneers' guild asking for release dates and resources. Those too eventually get annoyed if you don't find time to finish "their" game.

@Cozur:
As for porting... god knows. Hopefully it's going to be compatible.

@PoisonCourtesan:
All gaming companies are dependent on their fanbase: potential clients for the next release. And usually a fanbase is bigger than the people lurking on the forums. Also I don't think TaleWorlds is still indie. They're inside the industry since they signed off the publishing/distribution rights to Paradox.

And if you guys hate Blizzard, so be it, I for one have really enjoyed their games.

It's all about the code and how much of the engine they'll release as the module systems. Also it depends on what kind of graphics and physics engine they get/developed for Bannerlord. It would be a good marketing move to make it as compatible as possible.

Double edged problem here. They don't necessarely need to "hold it back" in order to make it compatible (my two cents), it just depends if they're going to start from scratch or continue developing what they already got.

The good part of making it compatible is that the game would start with a whole modding scene ready for it greately increasing its replay-ablity. The bad part is IF they cut down on improvements.

If they don't make it compatible they'd probably finish it faster (or not because it's not always easy to start from scratch with new technology) and implement more features and better graphics. The downturn is the modding scene will take a while before it catches up with it.

WFAS and NW started from the modding scene as far as I can tell so if they make Bannerlord compatible they'd be launching two more titles in no time.

This is like saying that Skyrim should be compatible with Oblivion mods. Either the mods will need to be updated to work with the improved/new engine, or they have to hold back certain parts of the engine in order to make it as compatible as possible. Bad move, imo.

Mods won't be compatible at all according to the TW devs, which is a good thing as they will likely give us a better modding system. The TW guys learned a lot since the original Mount and Blade, including what modders want.
Warband mods will die, no big deal. People will create new ones on par or better than the Warband mods if the core game is decent. I don't foresee much porting, as it will be tough to rewrite the more heavily scripted mods.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Bla bla bla, what a textwall of horse****. You don't announce a game when you have nothing to show or refuse to have anything shown. It's bad marketing and will eventually lead to shrinking fanbase or/and its distrust.
No matter how good it is and what surprise they are planning to make it ain't worth the hungry&angry mob.

I think it can go either way really. Previews are not universally a good thing and sometimes people are turned off by what they see in them.

Above all though, TW's not a very big company they might not have the resources to go out of their way and scrape together code into presentable chunks just to show people how well its going. You've likely done presentations before, good presentations take a butt-load of time to put together, and doubly so when the presentation is something that's going to be posted all across the internet on professional websites and taken apart in minute detail by readers.

Dual wielding is not effective and was barely used, if not at all. Striking with two weapons at once or consecutively (at fast speeds) does not allow your muscles to fully contract, not to mention the loss of your hard (gravitational) point while doing it, thus it would deal insignificant damage. Swinging one sword though, implies the contraction of all your body and delivering all your energy into one single, powerful and well directed blow. You might think that each sword might be used for single attacks, like you swing the right weapon, and after you're done, you do so with the left, but instead of keeping an alternative metal bar in your hand, wouldn't you use a shield instead? That's why it wasn't effective. So, dual wielding is pretty much a Hollywood thing that doesn't deserve attention here.

MadVader said:
Mods won't be compatible at all according to the TW devs, which is a good thing as they will likely give us a better modding system. The TW guys learned a lot since the original Mount and Blade, including what modders want.
Warband mods will die, no big deal. People will create new ones on par or better than the Warband mods if the core game is decent. I don't foresee much porting, as it will be tough to rewrite the more heavily scripted mods.

Yeah, I don't think porting is a problem, but I do hope that stuff like banners and such won't have to be re-done. Probably will though.

Austupaio said:
Actually, yes, Blizzard's fanbase is dropping and has been for some time now, and it is affecting their finances. :lol:

No big surprise, blizzard is ruled by their economics department. They screw over the veterans who are lojal for the casuals who play for only a short period.

There isn't enough space on taleworlds forums to explain why blizzard should suffer for their greed.

That would make an interesting website:www.Blizzardmustpayfortheirgreed.com

MadVader said:
they will likely give us a better modding system.

Does this mean that there will be a new coding language used in the module system, and there will be a different way to scene? (I don't want to have relearn everything :sad:)

cwr said:
MadVader said:
they will likely give us a better modding system.

Does this mean that there will be a new coding language used in the module system, and there will be a different way to scene? (I don't want to have relearn everything :sad:)
Tough luck, kid. :smile:
Learning is never so much fun as in modding.

:cry:

Does anyone know what programming language it will be in? Like Java, C++, Lua, what? Or will it still be the module system, but with slightly changed syntax? :???:

Or have they not told anyone yet, in true TaleWorlds fashion? :sad:

Back
Top Bottom